House needed

tilly88

Hi there guys and girls, new to this site but hoping you can help. My partner and I are arriving in adelaide on 31st March we urgently need a house 2 bedrooms and pet friendly, thinking marion way or morphet Vale so ye any help would be awsome thankyou [emoji3]

Welcome to the forum. You may need to be a little more specific. Furnished/ unfurnished. Long/short term.

Most people book a few weeks in a short term furnished holiday let, then look for a longer term rental when here on the ground.

Do not sign for a long term let without viewing as the agents often post pics that are decades old! Some people do manage to get a long term let sorted before they arrive because they have family or friends to view for them ( we did this the first time). But we also knew the area well etc.

The prices for holiday lets are high but often you can get a discount for longer stays if you ask, plus they are often cheaper than hotels and you have cooking and washing facilities. It is worth it.

Sorry my bad, my partners mother is over there so she can view the property ect, unfurnished, and preferably long term is what we need really. My partner looked at holiday homes and yes they are expensive it's just not quite worth it. Thank you for your reply :-)

Holiday homes can be expensive. Especially during the peak December to March period. The rates should be more reasonable for the period that you want.

Migrant relocation homes are much cheaper as the stays are typically for longer.

A comparison of costs: A good unfurnished rental, in a reasonable area, in a good state of repair could be in the region of $400 per week. A furnished relocation home, booked for a month or more may cost $595 per week. Electricity, gas, water, internet would cost a conservative $80 per week and these or an allowance would be included in a furnished home. Unlimited phone calls may also be part of the deal.

The difference between furnished and unfurnished would therefore be $115 per week. For this $115 you would be getting a fully furnished and equipped home from home, all appliances, garden and pool service, gas barbecue etc.

Furnished rentals may appear to be expensive but once all the other costs are factored in I think that they are quite reasonable.

It could be a little more difficult to get a rental that's pet friendly. You still have a few weeks and maybe your mother in law will be successful.

All the best with your move.

If your dog could stay with your mother-in-law could you look at house sitting while you found your own suitable property? We did it when we first arrived and managed to get 9 weeks (in 2 separate sits) accommodation for utilities only and we were a family of 5 so just 2 of you may find it easier.