Jacaranda season

snifter

Its that time of year again, jacarandas in bloom. There is a famous Aussie song about them also. 

If its your first spring in Adelaide, go check out some of the tree lined eastern suburbs or the areas around the CBD that have them (Adelaide uni for starters as you can see in this video). Unley, Burnside and Mitcham have them. North Adelaide has a fair few also. Stunning to see. 

• Like 1

They are lovely. On someone else’s property!

our old rental had one and I spent what seemed like 10 months of the year sweeping up either blossom, seed pods or leaves as it was over the drive and they made a mess treading into the house.  I forgave it when it bloomed though.  Not many up here in the hills but the streets round Norwood are beautiful now.

13 hours ago, Rammygirl said:

They are lovely. On someone else’s property!

our old rental had one and I spent what seemed like 10 months of the year sweeping up either blossom, seed pods or leaves as it was over the drive and they made a mess treading into the house.  I forgave it when it bloomed though.  Not many up here in the hills but the streets round Norwood are beautiful now.

This made me smile.  My mother in law is always complaining about the mess the Jacarandas make and she doesn't really have any around her house.  Apparently they used to have one in their garden when my OH was growing up and I don't think she's ever got over having to clean up the mess from it.