Hello

oakcharl

Hello, I'm Charles originally from California but now residing in Dubai with my family. My daughter is interested to pursue an education in the field of Nursing. We haven't decided where to enroll her. Our initial option is for her to study and live in New Zealand. In terms of residency after her studies, she's more interested in pursuing Australia. Her choice of school is University of South Australia and Deakin University in Melbourne.  

Hi and welcome. I'm not too sure about the nursing sector as such but I know that a lot of money has been spent and going to be spent in Adelaide in education for studying in the medical sector. North terrace which is part of the CBD has got 2 new university buildings one being the Uni SA. It has a lot of research facilities and also the new Royal Adelaide hospital. From my understanding working in construction there is also more planned for the future. 

Someone else on here may have a better idea of the uni quality but SA seems to have a great deal going on in that field at the moment 

• Like 1

What sort of things are you wanting to know? If she is doing her study in NZ then I'd expect she'd have to qualify in nursing there and and then seek a visa to work in Australia based on her qualifications (if its still on the list). 

I'd focus on the study aspect first, she gain the qualifications and then revisit the preferred locations for employment after that. Much can change in a few years and what is on the list now may not be then. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate the points given. I think that my daughter has the best chance of qualifying in New Zealand but I don't wanna let her down if it Australia is where her heart is. I just have to know everything there is to know such as the cost of living, education, and other necessities including possible part-time employment to support herself. Right now, my best choice is to look for counseling that can help us with the application and other stuff.