887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Senior Members and fellow friends

i am on 489 visa and will be finishing my 2 years residency in November.I got my visa on 26 September 2013 and entered Australia in November 2013.since then i am in Australia.

My question is:I have created my immi account and have imported my 489 visa application into my account. i am trying to fill my online application for 887 just to see the questions require to answer for filling online.I know i havent finish my visa condition and i cant and i dont want to apply at all before my 2 years residency condition gets full filled.

i am trying to fill the application just to get a gist of online application procedure and to know the questionnaire in advance .but i am facing a problem:after 25% of application i.e. on the page Critical data confirmation when i click next,i am getting error message and page comes back to 5 % with error message:

The following errors have been encountered:

• 1. You do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service.

I want to Confirm whether this error is because of not fullfilling the residency conditions for my 887 visa? or some thing is wrong in my filling of the application?i know everybody have gone through this process...i just want to know whether this error is due to system problem(i am getting this error since last 2 months) or due to my non-fulfillment of visa conditions?and if due to visa condition then when i will be able to go next stage of questionnaire to know the question i need to answer?in September i.e. 2years after visa issued date or in November i.e. 2 years of my residency?

i am on 489 visa and will be finishing my 2 years residency in November.I got my visa on 26 September 2013 and entered Australia in November 2013.since then i am in Australia.

My question is:I have created my immi account and have imported my 489 visa application into my account. i am trying to fill my online application for 887 just to see the questions require to answer for filling online.I know i havent finish my visa condition and i cant and i dont want to apply at all before my 2 years residency condition gets full filled.

i am trying to fill the application just to get a gist of online application procedure and to know the questionnaire in advance .but i am facing a problem:after 25% of application i.e. on the page Critical data confirmation when i click next,i am getting error message and page comes back to 5 % with error message:

I want to Confirm whether this error is because of not fullfilling the residency conditions for my 887 visa? or some thing is wrong in my filling of the application?i know everybody have gone through this process...i just want to know whether this error is due to system problem(i am getting this error since last 2 months) or due to my non-fulfillment of visa conditions?and if due to visa condition then when i will be able to go next stage of questionnaire to know the question i need to answer?in September i.e. 2years after visa issued date or in November i.e. 2 years of my residency?

Yup, that indeed is because you haven't yet met the minimum prerequisite conditions for the grant of 887.

You'll be able to go past the 5% mark 2 years from the date your 489 visa was granted.

If u want to see the questions download the paper format fill it with pen before hand and then u ll be ready to fire when time comes :)

All,

After 11 months and 5 days, today I am pleased to let you know that the PR is granted.

In addition to the information provided in the signature I communicated with several officials ranging from Local federal MP to assistant immigration minister none of which apparently helped until the ESC was cleared.

I wish everyone awaiting decision, a speedy grant letter.

Edited by applicant887

All,

After 11 month and 5 days, today I am pleased to let you know that the PR is granted.

In addition of the information provided in the signature I communicated with several officials ranging from Local federal MP to assistant immigration minister none of which apparently helped until the ESC was cleared.

I wish everyone awaiting decision, a speedy grant letter.

All the very best wishes applicant887 :) Any suggestion or its just waiting ?

All the very best wishes applicant887 :) Any suggestion or its just waiting ?

Thank you.

Well, no one really knows if inquiries with the application really help however I was trying to get in touch with the DIBP via email and GSM Brisbane phone as much as sounded reasonable. I personally couldn't just sit and wait the department to contact me so I did whatever possible to get any update.

Thank you.

Well, no one really knows if inquiries with the application really help however I was trying to get in touch with the DIBP via email and GSM Brisbane phone as much as sounded reasonable. I personally couldn't just sit and wait the department to contact me so I did whatever possible to get any update.

What are the replies you got from them when you called ? Anything particular you requested during your last call ?

What are the replies you got from them when you called ? Anything particular you requested during your last call ?

All the replies were almost the same that I had to wait and that it was out of DIBP's hand until ESC was concluded.

As mentioned earlier I wanted to make sure that all the avenues are exhausted.