887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Opppss, why did you lodged your application before completing one-year full-time work condition???? Others any idea about the Q2???

Yes, it was a bit of a crazy move to apply before you met the 489 conditions perth8927!!!

Q2 - I heard that you can apply again. People who were turned down for not completing 2 years (even if 1 day short of 2 years!) they applied again straight after being rejected. But I only go by what I've heard on the forums... So better check with someone who knows for sure. ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Russki said:

Yes, it was a bit of a crazy move to apply before you met the 489 conditions perth8927!!!

Q2 - I heard that you can apply again. People who were turned down for not completing 2 years (even if 1 day short of 2 years!) they applied again straight after being rejected. But I only go by what I've heard on the forums... So better check with someone who knows for sure. ? 

Yes, better take some advice from a migration agent

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Opppss, why did you lodged your application before completing one-year full-time work condition???? Others any idea about the Q2???

I was working part-time and most of my weeks included over 30 hours work. It was a mistake but let's explore what options do I have now. I was wondering if I withdraw my application then I will be back to 489 visa or bridging visa?

Just now, perth8927 said:

I was working part-time and most of my weeks included over 30 hours work. It was a mistake but let's explore what options do I have now. I was wondering if I withdraw my application then I will be back to 489 visa or bridging visa?

I think before taking any action, you better contact a migration agent and take advice from him/her. I think that's the best move you can take now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sunnyabat said:

well this is the scenario,

my name on passport is Sunpreet Singh so no last name initially i applied with last name as Singh and given name as Sunpreet.

they emailed me to get my afp check with exact name so i got the exact name with no last name and now he has told me to get the afp check with the pattern as

Singh,Sunpreet,Singh and Sunpreet Singh

i am really pissed off and confused why he gave me this pattern anyways can not complain so i have already applied a new one.

Hi buddy when you applied your 887 application what did you put in your given names and surname as per your passport?

1 hour ago, Kate said:

Hi Ruski & Kate, 

I applied 887 in Oct, still no news. 

Last week i received a job offer, from a well reputed organization. It a really high profiled job, in Management, in Metro.

I called immi to ask if i can work in Metro,  and Immi said YES. Since i had applied 887, im no longer restricted to work in regional. 

Then, this morning the company called me and said as per my visa status on VEVO, im not allowed as the condition remains the same. 

Irrespective of me applying 887, since 887 bridging does not come into effect until i have my 489 visa which is valid till 2019. 

I then requested my  friend to call immi, i was sitting right beside her, and the officer told her no we can not work. 

unfortunately i had to then stay at home and wait for my approval. 

Considering the fact that we all are delayed, and waiting such job opportunities just pass by. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi Ruski & Kate, 

Last week i received a job offer, from a well reputed organization. It a really high profiled job, in Management, in Metro.

I called immi to ask if i can work in Metro,  and Immi said YES. Since i had applied 887, im no longer restricted to work in regional. 

Then, this morning the company called me and said as per my visa status on VEVO, im not allowed as the condition remains the same. 

Irrespective of me applying 887, since 887 bridging does not come into effect until i have my 489 visa which is valid till 2019. 

I then requested my  friend to call immi, i was sitting right beside her, and the officer told her no we can not work. 

Considering the fact that we all are delayed, and waiting such job opportunities just pass by. 

exactly the same scenario...my 489 is still valid till 2019 which clearly states that I cannot work, leave or study in Metro area:( just terrible that we are all on hold with major plans in life

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, sunnyabat said:

my name on passport is Sunpreet Singh so no last name initially i applied with last name as Singh and given name as Sunpreet.

they emailed me to get my afp check with exact name so i got the exact name with no last name and now he has told me to get the afp check with the pattern as

i am really pissed off and confused why he gave me this pattern anyways can not complain so i have already applied a new one.

That means, they started second timer applications.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kate said:

exactly the same scenario...my 489 is still valid till 2019 which clearly states that I cannot work, leave or study in Metro area:( just terrible that we are all on hold with major plans in life

Yes frankly speaking, i cannot take a word from the officers at the counter, they are bunch of customers service experts who have limited knowledge on the visa types. 

when you call them up, they will hold you up, transfer your call to the department without telling you their name and ID no. 

so dont take a word from them, till you get in written. 

Only if we could have case officers, who could have directly dealt with our case officers. 

Feel frustrated.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi Ruski & Kate, 

Hahaha, looks like the right hand does not know what the left is doing!!! ? This is why it is good to have everything in writing from the COs. Migration agents say: "if it is not written down, it does not exist". ? 

2 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hahaha, looks like the right hand does not know what the left is doing!!! ? This is why it is good to have everything in writing from the COs. Migration agents say: "if it is not written down, it does not exist". ? 

So true, Ruski when had u applied 887?

4 minutes ago, neel said:

So true, Ruski when had u applied 887?

I applied on the 25 September. ? 

07/02/18 - CO Dat asked for PCC from Russia, full education history, travelling for last 10 years and how I supported myself 1997-2005. Submitted on 14th Feb
12/04/18 - CO Dat asked for address of ex-husband from 15 years ago. Submitted on 7th May

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russki said:

I applied on the 25 September. ? 

07/02/18 - CO Dat asked for PCC from Russia, full education history, travelling for last 10 years and how I supported myself 1997-2005. Submitted on 14th Feb
12/04/18 - CO Dat asked for address of ex-husband from 15 years ago. Submitted on 7th May

omg september, so mine will be after you. 

why are they taking so long for us????

1 hour ago, sunnyabat said:

Who is your CO mate? 

I have uploaded my required document on 3rd april as immi asked me to provide this document on 26th march but could not click on that button where I should click that I have provided the required information. I have clicked on that button today. Does it affect on my application?

Sent from my vivo 1716 using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, neel said:

omg september, so mine will be after you. 

why are they taking so long for us????

I am pretty sure (a couple of migration agents confirmed) that my problem is that I am Russian! ? They study us under the microscope and take their sweet time doing it!!! ? 

Trying to solve my case with immigration is like solving mystery of Bermuda triangle  - I am not even trying anymore. I'll just give them what they request and wait. And again, and again... ?I think you'll be fine and won't have to wait as long... ? No stress!!! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Have they started going through the second timers? At last! I think I will go crazy if I have to wait any longer. I'm waiting for my PR to apply for work here and the deadline is the 1st of June. If I apply without it my application will just get thrown away. ? 

Thank god they have atleast started contacting the people who are waiting since the end September.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Paras said:

I have uploaded my required document on 3rd april as immi asked me to provide this document on 26th march but could not click on that button where I should click that I have provided the required information. I have clicked on that button today. Does it affect on my application?

Sent from my vivo 1716 using Tapatalk

Can I ask which button we should click after having provided requested documents?

2 hours ago, sunnyabat said:

Hi buddy, i m in the same scenario as urs. They have asked us the same way and this time we send it as one name as jasneet kaur. Is it not enough?? Bcoz thats how it is in her passport.. i didn’t understand ur pattern as it 

singh in the last name n then sunpreet singh in the first name??

when did they contact u previously 

17 minutes ago, Kate said:

Hey @Russki, what button should we press in immiaccount after having downloaded requested documents. heaps of thanks in advance

Hi @Kate I found this one in a fact sheet from Immi:

Information requested 

An immigration officer has assessed the application and found that more information is required. They have requested that you provide further evidence in support of the application. You should attach the requested documents in ImmiAccount and use the Request complete button to indicate that you have provided all the requested information.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-text/online-account/Documents/status_immiaccount.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kate said:

Hey @Russki, what button should we press in immiaccount after having downloaded requested documents. heaps of thanks in advance

Guys, once you attached the additional documents, there is a button at the bottom of the page, looks like this:

image.png.a7225e3bbea1778e131acaa57f4ccc05.png

It is coloured before you click it. Once documents are attached, just click it!!! It will turn grey. ? 

This automatically informs COs that this application is ready for further assessment. This is why do not click it before you attach information.