887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just now, marlowe022 said:

oh what a relief! ? Should it be 730 and above?

I am a bit scared because I was away for 4 days but I applied for a visa on the same day of arrival.

I had chat with immigration support and they told me though its matter of 4 days only just write a letter to case officer to inform them that I applied 4 days ago.

Though it's not an issue we should inform CO's in case if they inquire.

So all good as checked another forum it does matter if you are away more than 3 weeks.

Rest Good Luck. CO's are lenient there should be some solid reasons for refusal. So stay calm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Honey said:

I am a bit scared because I was away for 4 days but I applied for a visa on the same day of arrival.

I had chat with immigration support and they told me though its matter of 4 days only just write a letter to case officer to inform them that I applied 4 days ago.

Though it's not an issue we should inform CO's in case if they inquire.

So all good as checked another forum it does matter if you are away more than 3 weeks.

Rest Good Luck. CO's are lenient there should be some solid reasons for refusal. So stay calm.

We have to be careful here though - being absent for up to 4 weeks in one year while your are already established resident in Australia is allowed, but applying prematurely before you hit exactly 2 years overall stay (2 years from arrival date till application date) is definitely not recommended... ? ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Russki said:

We have to be careful here though - being absent for up to 4 weeks in one year while your are already established resident in Australia is allowed, but applying prematurely before you hit exactly 2 years overall stay (2 years from arrival date till application date) is definitely not recommended... ? ? 

don't scare me, i already chat regarding this with immigration ?

2 minutes ago, Russki said:

A bit worried... I wonder if the COs are even alive... ?? 

image.png.22ba363e9bf8191b7cce4db61e22803c.png

Same here Russki ..Iam putting much effort to stay calm ? to stay positive .. May be I should meditate ... lol... 

Anyway I hope this afternoon we will see some grants coming in!!!

• Haha 3

Then again back in end of March or FEb (cant recall correctly ) - there was a day when we had 6 grants !!! 6 grants !!! ( I think Iam not day dreaming )

So when they break the silence - we can hope for the best !!

(I hope Iam not too optimistic lol)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, su89 said:

Then again back in end of March or FEb (cant recall correctly ) - there was a day when we had 6 grants !!! 6 grants !!! ( I think Iam not day dreaming )

So when they break the silence - we can hope for the best !!

(I hope Iam not too optimistic lol)

It was Feb 28 . 6 grants in one day. May be more with counting people not in forum.  I hope such day come every once in month. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Hi,

I have a question for the experts here,

I  came in a visa validation trip to NT for 5 days in June 2015, then came to reside in NT 28/07/2016. I spent 31 days overseas in one trip since I arrived. I will complete my two years 28/07/2018. The question is ? When should I apply for my 887?

note that my 489 will expire in October this year which means I have only one chance. 

Apply based on second arrival mate. just to be in safe side.  

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Thanks, mate, Yes sure, I am not considering my first trip. I am wondering, should I apply 28/07/2018 or should I wait for 31 days more and apply 29/08

As per my best knowledge you can apply on 29/08.  31 Days would not harm as I also was away 6 weeks for my 2 years. @Russki. What do you recommend.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks @DarDec for your reply. Right, waiting for 31 days won't harm. we will have to wait for at least 7 months for the grant anyway. the only issue is that I will be on a bridging visa for a longer period as my 489 will expires only 40 days after 887 lodgement. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Freddy said:

Thanks DarDec for your reply. Right, waiting for 31 days won't harm. we will have to wait for at least 7 months for the grant anyway. the only issue is that I will be on a bridging visa for a longer period as my 489 will expires only 40 days after 887 lodgement. 

This seems a safer option, plus bridging visa gives you Medicare entitlement, yay! What is there to complain about? ? ? Although migration agents say it is ok to travel up to 4 weeks in a year during 2 years stay, it is always safer to make up the time. ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Russki said:

This seems a safer option, plus bridging visa gives you Medicare entitlement, yay! What is there to complain about? ? ? Although migration agents say it is ok to travel up to 4 weeks in a year during 2 years stay, it is always safer to make up the time. ? 

Thanks, @Russki . Yes, agree. the only thing will be an issue is that I can't travel unless I obtain a BVB ?.  I Hope you get your grant very soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

second day in a row no good news.... 

very irresponsible on part of the CO's ..... wonder what are they getting paid for ?....( I guess killing fly's).

Actually it's the third day (Friday was quiet too )

Our COs are probably too busy !!!

images.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nad said:

Is anyone noticed this !!!  Immiaccount will be unavailable from tomorrow till 22/07/2018

image.thumb.png.8a8329c3c16ba9b1a47d4b0237f3c763.png

Thats only for

* 5am to 8am on Wednesday 18 July 2018

* 9am to 9pm on Sunday 22nd July 2018

Probably wouldn't affect us at all.. as they are out of working hours.

May be we all are making a lot of traffic in the immi server.. once in every 5 mins login and logout

?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5