887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Freddy said:

by the way, does anyone know what happens if your 887 visa rejected while you are on a bridging visa only?

Hi Freddy,

If you get your visa rejected while on bridge Visa only, You will be given a S48 . After the S48 you wont be able to apply many visa types straight forward. (Agents claim they can still plead an apply - doesn't sound very straight forward nor promising tho)

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ma1958118/s48.html

If rejection is appeal-able in the tribunal : You can still appeal and stay until a decision is made.

If rejection states that "this decision is not review able" then you 'll have to leave country within 28 days.

"If you remain in Australia illegally for more than 28 days after your visa has expired, any future application for an Australian visa will be subject to an exclusion period. That means that you will be unable to be granted a visa to travel to or to stay in Australia for a minimum of three years."

Source : https://www.gotocourt.com.au/immigration/overstaying-your-visa/

Regards,
toot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

@Don Family If you are talking about the time for the application to process completely, the minimum time period for direct grants now stands at slightly more than 6 months. I applied on 6th Feb and still no correspondence.

you will get soon, Don't worry ?

Thank you for the encouraging words @Honey ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russki said:
887 Skilled - Regional   9 months 11 months

Updated processing times... Sorry guys! ? 

Not surprised though! 8-10 looked a bit too good to be true!!! ? ? ? 

But processing times are still 9 to 12 months in immi account 

19 minutes ago, Tpsk said:

But processing times are still 9 to 12 months in immi account 

I know, ey!  ?They don't seem to match...  Maybe,  the one on the website is more of an actual,  based on real events,  the one in immi account is estimated?  ? ? No idea! ?

On 7/17/2018 at 6:05 PM, su89 said:

Guys !!! We got our PR !!!

Just checked the immi after the call from my agent !

Will be back shortly with our doc list.

We applied on 11/01 

Thank you guys for all the support in the 6 months waiting

Have faith we will all be there !!!

Congratulations  @su89 so happy for you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, toot said:

Hi Freddy,

If you get your visa rejected while on bridge Visa only, You will be given a S48 . After the S48 you wont be able to apply many visa types straight forward. (Agents claim they can still plead an apply - doesn't sound very straight forward nor promising tho)

If rejection is appeal-able in the tribunal : You can still appeal and stay until a decision is made.

If rejection states that "this decision is not review able" then you 'll have to leave country within 28 days.

"If you remain in Australia illegally for more than 28 days after your visa has expired, any future application for an Australian visa will be subject to an exclusion period. That means that you will be unable to be granted a visa to travel to or to stay in Australia for a minimum of three years."

Regards,
toot

Can you please inform us,what's the reason to reject the application?

10 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

You have to claim it back when you do your tax return. Before doing that however you need to get a Medicare Entitlement Statement. You can get the information on the website of the Department of Human Services. Print the application form, fill in and email to them. You should get a statement through the post which will confirm that you were assessed as not being entitled to Medicare services. You can use this to claim your rebate.

Thank you very much for your explanation. I already paid for two consecutive tax period without having benefits of it

9 hours ago, Freddy said:

Thanks, a4anudeep. I have one of my friend whose 887 Visa was rejected as he traveled for 12 weeks (2 trips) without compensating them. He had to apply again after rejection as he has a valid 489 at that time (he is a PR now). My case is different as my 489 will expire this October, so I won't have another chance to apply if my visa rejected for the first time. by the way, does anyone know what happens if your 887 visa rejected while you are on a bridging visa only?

This guy got rejection on his 887 visa application. I don't know what is his fate now

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arifin said:

Can you please inform us,what's the reason to reject the application?

No mate, I didn't even apply yet,? just imagine the worst case scenario although I have a work evidence of my full-time work for 18 months and the 2 years living evidence in NT. Just assuming all scenarios.

the only reasons to get your visa rejected either long periods overseas travel without days compensation or no proofs of full-time work.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, toot said:

Hi Freddy,

Regards,
toot

Thanks, @toot for this info.  I didn't apply yet. I will take the advice and I will take the maximum safe measure and compensate my overseas travel days. (31 days)

6 minutes ago, Waiting!! said:

Hey Guy, Contacted by CO ADAM

Applied: 30-12-2018

Requested more information,

1. Wife's AFP with all names

2. My IELTS result copy (Submitted before). 

Good at least they are moving hopefully they open second timers files waiting is really frustrating 

• Like 1