887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Today I have written to my Member Parliament Dr. John McVeigh. I had earlier written to the Immigration Minister David Coleman, got no reply. Let's see how this goes.

Hello Dr. McVeigh,

I live in Toowoomba and I am contacting you regarding Visa Processing Delays faced by people alike me.

I, like many others, migrated to Australia on Skilled Regional Migration Visa subclass 489 in 2016. I had to stay in regional Australia for 2 years and work full time for 1 year. After fulfilling my obligation, I would be granted Subclass 887 Permanent Residency visa. I have fulfilled my two year residency commitment and 1 year full-time work earlier this year, subsequently filed for 887 visa.

I want to make you aware of delays in the processing. A year ago the delay was 2-3 months but it has now grown to 10-11 months. It can be nightmare if we were planning for another baby or hoping to join University for further education, or get a job which specifically requires Australian Permanent Residents for the job. I love Toowoomba, and my son is set to start prep at the Grammer School in January. Toowoomba has got exactly what I needed as far jobs (I am a Nurse), lifestyle, and kids education goes.

I believe I have fulfilled my obligations to Regional Australia, paid taxes, contributed to the system, became part of the Australian fabric, but these delays are holding me from achieving much more.

I believe its the time for the Immigration Department to hire more staff to process files. I hope you will let the Immigration Minister David Coleman know this particular concern affecting your constituents.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Ata said:

Hi Mates,

We just received golden email. Very happy guys. Thanks for all on this forum specially Tpsk, Honey and Ruski.... i pray for all to get Golden email ASAP

Applied on 24/12/2017
1st co 5/7/2018
granted 17/10/2018 Co Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats ata 

30 minutes ago, Ata said:

Hi Mates,

We just received golden email. Very happy guys. Thanks for all on this forum specially Tpsk, Honey and Ruski.... i pray for all to get Golden email ASAP

Applied on 24/12/2017
1st co 5/7/2018
granted 17/10/2018 Co Adam

Congrats mate

Good thing is 2nd 3rd timers getting visa
Problem is their time frame for the applications in progress.
There has been no visa since last week for Feb applicants.

Yeah. Atleast if they ask for documents we know our files are being assessed, but having absolutely no response for 8 months is not good..

true even one week for my mom. As soon application submit, generate HAPID and all done with in one week.

Such a joke. Pathetic state of affairs. They are making the maximum use from regional visas by taking the full tax and providing minimum benefits, finally when it’s all drained out they grant the PR.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Honey said:

true even one week for my mom. As soon application submit, generate HAPID and all done with in one week.

Do we need to make a new immi account for apply parents visa 600 (3 months) or we can apply from our immi account.

If you answer me on this it will be great help.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, S_SHAH said:

Do we need to make a new immi account for apply parents visa 600 (3 months) or we can apply from our immi account.

If you answer me on this it will be great help.

Thanks

use same account.

In my account there is 7 application, 6 finalized and 1 mine received.

6 Finalized includes (mine, my husband 489 grant, my parents tourist visa grant, my mother in law tourist visa grant, my brother in law rejection) 

Edited by Honey
more info
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 10thfeb said:

It's so frustrating..

I can't concentrate on my work.

It was so important for me to get the grant this month.

Dont loose faith. You are next in line and you still have two weeks to go in this month. You might receive. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

@Jeet & @Ata Congratulations mates! Enjoy your freedom

Thanks everyone....I hope everyone will get their grant soon. I just have one question if  anyone can help me. My child was born in Australia is he eligible for Citizenship now or he has wait another one year.