887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 8/6/2020 at 8:03 AM, Farha said:

Hi guys, I received my grant already but I need to upload my newborns passport. I dont see an option to upload documents online once your application has been finalised. Anyone has any idea?

call immi helpline, they will help you out !!

On 8/6/2020 at 8:50 PM, Kashey said:

Hi Friends ,

When CO, request for any documents & when we upload the documents , is it a good idea to send a email to skill.support@homeaffairs. as well that we submit the required documents ??  

It can probably give peace of mind but it will not effect practically, i believe.... will not make any difference. Lot of applicants are waiting after uploading docs and it is not quick as per recent trends...

Edited by m RJ

On 8/8/2020 at 1:19 PM, Hanna said:

Watch out, the moment you exceed 28 days, all the days will be deducted not only the days on top of 28

Hi Hanna,

will you please provide give me a link where this is stated in the legislation? I think this is a grey area,  there is nothing in the legislation says about 28 days, less or more, or even if you spend more than 28 days then all days will be deductible.

thanks

Hi Hanna,

will you please provide give me a link where this is stated in the legislation? I think this is a grey area,  there is nothing in the legislation says about 28 days, less or more, or even if you spend more than 28 days then all days will be deductible.

thanks

Hi Waseem,

I understand your concerns and you’re right. The legislation applied here is that of Australians having in total 20 days of paid leave within 12 month period which is about 4 weeks (28 days if you include weekends). They not only apply immigration legislation but also that of the citizens of Australia. Does it make sense? The logic to follow is, if you work full time you collect a certain amount of time for your holiday which does not exceed 28 days within 12 months period. We have learned from previous applications that all applicants exceeding 28 days from the date that they traveled got questioned about it by the CO who deducted ALL of their offshore period if they were away for more than 28 days within 12 months period as they didn’t consider that a lawful annual leave since Australians generally don’t have more than that either. However, applicants who traveled less than 28 days were granted without questions asked even though that they applied exactly 2 years after their stay in the regional. Furthermore, Australia’s immigration law services posted about it and on many MARA websites you’ll read about 4 weeks being the maximum. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi Waseem,

I understand your concerns and you’re right. The legislation applied here is that of Australians having in total 25 days of paid leave within 12 month period which is about 4 weeks (28 days if you include weekends). They not only apply immigration legislation but also that of the citizens of Australia. Does it make sense? The logic to follow is, if you work full time you collect a certain amount of time for your holiday which does not exceed 28 days within 12 months period. We have learned from previous applications that all applicants exceeding 28 days from the date that they traveled got questioned about it by the CO who deducted ALL of their offshore period if they were away for more than 28 days within 12 months period as they didn’t consider that a lawful annual leave since Australians generally don’t have more than that either. However, applicants who traveled less than 28 days were granted without questions asked even though that they applied exactly 2 years after their stay in the regional. Furthermore, Australia’s immigration law services posted about it and on many MARA websites you’ll read about 4 weeks being the maximum. Hope this helps.
@Mkaur does this clarify your question as well?

1 hour ago, Hanna said:

@Mkaur@Waseem correction: 20 days of paid annual leave with weekends it makes up to 28 days.

Hey Guys, stay positive. I have contacted many people whole have been on holiday for more than 40 days without pay and have received their visa. It all depends on how often you have traveled, whether you were paid annual leave for your time off or not. Mainly people been questioned are those who have received their 489 offshore. 

I saw a person case who was granted 489 in Jan and this person was offshore when the visa was granted. He traveled to India for 28 days in June. He mentioned that he was paid but how can these many hours of annual leave accumulate in 6 months Every case is different not everyone is entitled to annual leave or paid holidays. 

Its good to cognizant people to add some time but who have applied already, let's give them hope to be positive and wait for a positive outcome. 

Positive Affirmation for you all: We are happy and we are Permanent resident.

Let's enjoy this moment by saying this affirmation until we receive our outcome. We all are heading to the good times of our life. Please stay positive 🙂

• Like 1

Grant! Grant! Grant! Just now

With the blessings of the Almighty God, Jehovah Jireh our provider; our turn has arrived!

Applied: 20th September 2019

Granted : 10th August 2020

Lives in Adelaide

Family of 5

12 June: Requested Baby passport and TB Screening for 2yr old (had done medical when he was under 2)

CO: Lisa

So thrilled!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JayK said:

With the blessings of the Almighty God, Jehovah Jireh our provider; our turn has arrived!

Lives in Adelaide

Family of 5

12 June: Requested Baby passport and TB Screening for 2yr old (had done medical when he was under 2)

So thrilled!

Many congratulations 🙂

43 minutes ago, JayK said:

Lives in Adelaide

Family of 5

So thrilled!

congrats! May I ask how old was your 2 yr old child when he did the first medical examination for 489 visa? thanks

OMG!!! I am over the moon right now. Loving this beautiful day.💃

Granted about an hour ago

Applied on 18 March 2020. DIRECT GRANT!!!!!!! by CO Sophie.

my whole team at work is celebrating with me......

Thanks to every member of this forum for all the information and help they shared. Those who posted their success stories and learning to keep people like me motivated .

From beginning of Last week I kept refreshing my emails and IMMI account even knowing that its not gonna happen that week but couldn't help it and finally i found this sweet surprise today YAYY

Edited by Meee
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MMM said:

congrats! May I ask how old was your 2 yr old child when he did the first medical examination for 489 visa? thanks

He was 1 year 11months. We had to do the whole medicals again as Bupa said the Hap ID were not linked. Happy though that all this is behind me. This group has been very helpful. Wish you all the best!

35 minutes ago, Meee said:

OMG!!! I am over the moon right now. Loving this beautiful day.💃

Granted about an hour ago

Applied on 18 March 2020. DIRECT GRANT!!!!!!! by CO Sophie.

my whole team at work is celebrating with me......

Thanks to every member of this forum for all the information and help they shared. Those who posted their success stories and learning to keep people like me motivated .

From beginning of Last week I kept refreshing my emails and IMMI account even knowing that its not gonna happen that week but couldn't help it and finally i found this sweet surprise today YAYY

Congratulations! I can imagine the feeling! I dropped everything at work after my Grant an hour and a half ago and took a break! The most fulfilling especially during this uncertain times. I used to refresh my email and immi ac every 5 mins too😀

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JayK said:

He was 1 year 11months. We had to do the whole medicals again as Bupa said the Hap ID were not linked. Happy though that all this is behind me. This group has been very helpful. Wish you all the best!

thank you. my child was also 1 year 11 months when she did medical for 489 visa. now she is 4 years old, I think is similar to ur child. so the CO will ask for medical examination again for my child?

1 minute ago, MMM said:

thank you. my child was also 1 year 11 months when she did medical for 489 visa. now she is 4 years old, I think is similar to ur child. so the CO will ask for medical examination again for my child?

It all depends with the case officer. Just pray they don't because Bupa appointments can take long at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, OSCAR said:

I have received request for more information for Functional English for both primary and secondary applicants; eventhough I already attached it( Educational certificates)

In which e mail I can send those again ?

Application date and Co name please