887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 7/15/2020 at 11:50 AM, Hans said:

Woooohhooooooooooo!!!!

GRANT GRANT GRANT!!!!

I have been waiting sooooo long to write this status.

Finally after 16minths and 9 days got my 887 visa Granted.

I am in love with this word "Finalised"

Here is my details:

Applied: 13th march, 2019 (in tracker its 14th march)

CO (Andrej) contact: 15th may 2020 (asked for my (primary) english proof and afp for me and wife.

Uploaded afp and ielts booking email after 7 days.

Uploaded ielts result on 15th june 2020.

Complained once last wednesday (8th july)

Granted today 15th july.

CO: Lisa 

Looks like 15 is my lucky number

I donno how i missed it .. Congrats @Hans

30 minutes ago, Way887 said:

Hi,

Wonder anyone is waiting for/received grant after 1st contact around 30 June 20? My CO is Christopher. The wait is just so tiring .. Thanks everyone! 

applied 1st Oct 2019, CO Andrei contacted 2nd July 2020 for ielts and PCC which I uploaded 27th July and now have been waiting since then 

5 hours ago, Way887 said:

Hi,

Wonder anyone is waiting for/received grant after 1st contact around 30 June 20? My CO is Christopher. The wait is just so tiring .. Thanks everyone! 

Yep same here. No news since additional info lodged a couple of days after. Did you send complaints?

5 hours ago, AlannaWebb said:

I'm the primary and single applicant. 

Do I have to redo English exam to prove functional English?

My IELTS result was over 3 years old (Result should not be older than 12 months at the time you applied for the visa), it is now a requirement for primary applicant to provide evidence of functional English.

There are other ways to prove it depending on your situation. 

Provide a letter (Certificate) from University or School to confirm Medium of Instruction is English. It will be accepted if   

1. You completed 2 year full-time study for a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution in or outside Australia .

2. All years of primary and at least 3 years of secondary study at primary school and secondary school where all instruction was in English in or outside Australia

3. At least 5 years of study at a secondary school in or outside Australia where all instruction was in English

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Looking for your expert advice again.

I am a 489 visa holder who applied for 887 visa in May 2020. My question is if I move interstate to South Australia which is classified as regional will this affect my 887 visa.

Would this be a negative point towards the 887 visa ?

Would this cause a delay in processing my 887 application ?

If there are no issues in moving can you let me know the step by step procedure ? (eg: submitting change of circumstances, Updating IMMI account, Notifying any department)

Thanks so much

8 minutes ago, 887pos said:

Hi everyone,

Looking for your expert advice again.

I am a 489 visa holder who applied for 887 visa in May 2020. My question is if I move interstate to South Australia which is classified as regional will this affect my 887 visa.

Would this be a negative point towards the 887 visa ?

Would this cause a delay in processing my 887 application ?

If there are no issues in moving can you let me know the step by step procedure ? (eg: submitting change of circumstances, Updating IMMI account, Notifying any department)

Thanks so much

its fine & will not create any issue... just submit change of circumstances / change of address  through immi account

19 minutes ago, Way887 said:

no I haven't sent yet. where do I make a complaint to? 

No haven't made any complaints there's a link on the immi web you can enter the complaints enquiry form, not sure if any help to expedite at all. Im on around the same dates as yours..

30 minutes ago, Journey said:

No haven't made any complaints there's a link on the immi web you can enter the complaints enquiry form, not sure if any help to expedite at all. Im on around the same dates as yours..

yeah I noted that too but didn't want to make a complaint via that way..it's sad to see people applying months after but receive grants before us.. anyway let's hope we'll all receive the grants soon. We're nearly there. 🙂

Hi everyone,

Congratulation to all who get there grant today.

I applied for 887 visas Oct 2018,

upload: change in circumstance( about the relationship) 

first contact: Jan 2020 (ask police check)

After that no response, still waiting for the decision.
Please advise me, should I have to make a complaint. My Lawyer told me there is no need for a complaint about this stage. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bipin said:

Hi everyone,

Congratulation to all who get there grant today.

I applied for 887 visas Oct 2018,

upload: change in circumstance( about the relationship) 

first contact: Jan 2020 (ask police check)

After that no response, still waiting for the decision.
Please advise me, should I have to make a complaint. My Lawyer told me there is no need for a complaint about this stage. 

Thank you 

Were you a primary applicant for both 489 and 887 ?

My best guess is that "your change in relationship status" - slow down the processing time your application. 

887.321 The applicant continues to be a member of the family unit of a person who, having satisfied the primary criteria, is the holder of a Subclass 887 visa.
  • Like 1