887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

21 minutes ago, Country People said:

It's  2020 buddy, I know two more cases like this. Within 2 days of lodgement CO pinging for documents. 

man, you're so lucky. hope you'll get your grant within a couple of weeks after submitting docs. Am I able to ask whether your partner is Australian PR or Citizen? maybe thats the reason. 

18 hours ago, sam_may_2020 said:

7B39F6A5-E69D-4734-A079-1BA731F47ACF.png

Hi Guys

I'm Silent followers. 

I want to submit same doc. But I can give witness only form GP (General Practitioner ). But Sate Dec saying Medical Practitioner can sign. are there difference between  General Practitioner & Medical Practitioner to sign Stat dec. Please give some advised (specially seniors ) 

Thanks 

33 minutes ago, MAH said:

I have applied AFP police check .

a) Is this correct one?  for last 1 week it's showed processing .

b) Can I apply again directly with AFP website?

c) Any other suggestion please?

image.png.3abc894632e17c7415dcb640679fa113.png

I have applied directly through afp using this link https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks and got it in 1 week.

Hope it helps.

1 hour ago, SJay said:

man, you're so lucky. hope you'll get your grant within a couple of weeks after submitting docs. Am I able to ask whether your partner is Australian PR or Citizen? maybe thats the reason. 

Not sure its luck or unluck yet 😄 Hope for the best. We all are in 489 visa spouse and 2 kids, I was th emain applicant in 489 and 887 too. Got 1 AFP yesterday waiting for the other.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raj123 said:

I have applied directly through afp using this link https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks and got it in 1 week.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. My concern is that I have already applied for AFP by using  3rd party but it's seem delay. If I applied again through AFP , is this creating any problem ? 

42 minutes ago, MAH said:

I have applied AFP police check .

a) Is this correct one?  for last 1 week it's showed processing .

b) Can I apply again directly with AFP website?

c) Any other suggestion please?

image.png.3abc894632e17c7415dcb640679fa113.png

Hey Mate,

Not to be negative but i want to believe you are to apply directly with AFP and not use a third party. immigration will not accept third party police clearance even if its from AFP. I will advice you apply directly with AFP full disclosure. My 2cent

find below link to AFP

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks 

cheers

3 minutes ago, oalabi said:

Hey Mate,

Not to be negative but i want to believe you are to apply directly with AFP and not use a third party. immigration will not accept third party police clearance even if its from AFP. I will advice you apply directly with AFP full disclosure. My 2cent

find below link to AFP

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks 

cheers

Thanks Oalabi,

The below is 3 options. which one need to select ?

image.png.1c2d1a523a6aecafcde066291d1bffc0.png

1 hour ago, SJay said:

In my opinion i do not see them processing files that have just been submitted - rather they are being proactive and reminding applicants of any missing documents. I dont see them jumping ahead of all outstanding 2018/2019 files. But again, this is just my opinion - however i do hope most new applicants wont have the excessive waiting times which looks positive at the moment.

17 minutes ago, PM2020 said:

Hi Guys

I'm Silent followers. 

I want to submit same doc. But I can give witness only form GP (General Practitioner ). But Sate Dec saying Medical Practitioner can sign. are there difference between  General Practitioner & Medical Practitioner to sign Stat dec. Please give some advised (specially seniors ) 

Thanks 

Any advise guys please .....

1 minute ago, KMC2019 said:

In my opinion i do not see them processing files that have just been submitted - rather they are being proactive and reminding applicants of any missing documents. I dont see them jumping ahead of all outstanding 2018/2019 files. But again, this is just my opinion - however i do hope most new applicants wont have the excessive waiting times which looks positive at the moment.

Yup can be true. May be they changed the process rather asking a missing file after an year of submission ask them in the begining. Not sure what it is,I will update the forum if I get any reply.

Hello seniors, i need some suggestions. Co asked additional documents on 22nd of May which I instantly submitted it. It's now 27th and heard nothing back from them. What should i do? If i want to communicate with them what would be the best contact email and how should i approach them. Please advise. Thanks

3 minutes ago, MAH said:

Thanks Oalabi,

The below is 3 options. which one need to select ?

image.png.1c2d1a523a6aecafcde066291d1bffc0.png

option one... on the form you will choose

purpose type = commonweatlh employment/purpose, 

purpose of check = 33- immigration/citizen

released offence = all type.

i hope this helps

cheers

12 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

From the first sight, it's not still a requirement.

It's said "if, in order to be granted a visa, a person has been assessed as". The main word IF. This IF is not specified anywhere for 887 so it's not applicable to 887 until is is specified clearly.

I might be wrong but it's what I see from the document.

Let us know when you get a official response,thanks.

Hi senior member,

I am so upset 😞

Lisa asked us to provide the documents on 23rd April which already were uploaded but we uploaded again. Last Monday, my agent shared the feedback through immi account but still nothing.

Should I email on skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au OR gsm.allocated@homeaffairs.gov.au mentioning I lodged the application 7feb2019 and still waiting?

Anyone else contacted by Lisa in late April and still waiting. I know bodyfam got his PR and he was contacted by her the same day she contacted us.

11 minutes ago, PM2020 said:

Any advise guys please .....

These people can witness your statutory declaration if they are licenced in Australia. Or, if they are registered to practice their work in Australia.

• architect
  • chiropractor
  • dentist
  • financial adviser or financial planner
  • legal practitioner, with or without a practicing certificate
  • medical practitioner
  • midwife
  • migration agent registered under Division 3 of Part 3 of the Migration Act 1958
  • nurse
  • occupational therapist
  • optometrist
  • patent attorney
  • pharmacist
  • physiotherapist
  • psychologist
  • trade marks attorney
  • veterinary surgeon
  •  

These people can witness your statutory declaration because they are a member of a professional body or organisation in Australia. Or, they work in a position connected to Australia.

• accountant who is:
    1. a fellow of the National Tax Accountants' Association, or
    2. a member of:
        1. Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
        2. the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants
        3. CPA Australia
        4. the Institute of Public Accountants
  • agent of the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post) who is in charge of an office that provides postal services to the public
  • permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with 5 or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public
  • APS employee engaged on an ongoing basis with 5 or more years of continuous service who is not specified in another item of this Part
  • Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer under Consular Fees Act 1955
  • bailiff
  • bank officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
  • building society officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
  • chief executive officer of a Commonwealth court
  • clerk of a court
  • Commissioner for Affidavits
  • Commissioner for Declarations
  • credit union officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
  • permanent employee of a Commonwealth authority with 5 or more years of continuous service who is not specified in another item in this Part
  • engineer who is:
    1. a member of Engineers Australia but not a student
    2. a Registered Professional Engineer of Professionals Australia
    3. registered as an engineer under a law of the Commonwealth, a state or territory, or
    4. registered on the National Engineering Register by Engineers Australia
  • finance company officer with 5 or more years of continuous service
  • holder of a statutory office not specified in another item in this list
  • judge
  • Justice of the Peace
  • magistrate
  • marriage celebrant registered under the Marriage Act 1961
  • master of a court
  • member of the Australian Defence Force who is:
    1. an officer, or
    2. a non-commissioned officer within the meaning of the Defence Force Discipline Act 1982 with 5 or more years of continuous service, or
    3. a warrant officer within the meaning of that Act
  • member of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
  • member of the Governance Institute of Australia Ltd
  • member of:
    1. the parliament of the Commonwealth
    2. the parliament of a state
    3. a territory legislature
    4. a local government authority
  • minister of religion registered under the Marriage Act 1961
  • notary public, including a notary public (however described) exercising functions at a place outside:
    1. the Commonwealth, and
    2. the external territories of the Commonwealth
  • permanent employee of a state or territory, or a state or territory authority
  • permanent employee of a local government authority with 5 or more years of continuous service, other than such an employee who is specified in another item of this Part
  • person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the law of the state or territory in which the declaration is made
  • police officer
  • prison officer employed by the Commonwealth or a state, territory or local government authority with more than 5 years of continuous service
  • registrar, or deputy registrar, of a court
  • senior executive employee of a Commonwealth authority
  • senior executive employee of a state or territory
  • SES employee of the Commonwealth
  • sheriff
  • sheriff's officer
  • teacher employed full-time or part-time at a school or tertiary education institution
  • Like 1