887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, sran17 said:

Hi , 

I have 8 year old son, applied same visa. 887 , it means now we have to provide proof of  functional english for him as well.......???????? can any one suggest me What to Do? 

nobody in their right sense will ask for proof of english from an 8yr old. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sran17 said:

Hi , 

I have 8 year old son, applied same visa. 887 , it means now we have to provide proof of  functional english for him as well.......???????? can any one suggest me What to Do? 

Have a read at the requirements again. It says 18 years old and above. 

On 10/1/2019 at 9:28 AM, SJay said:

Best to re-check. usually its 4 weeks per year as far as I know. Maybe check with some other Mara agent. I know a Mara agent who took stuff too easily and then screwed up big time. At the end it's your application

Yes, it is only 4 weeks per year 

4 minutes ago, DVR said:

Team, 

Have a question ? I haven't applied for Australian Drivers License for SA so far. When we are applying for AFP, it asks for "Australian Drivers license" , Is it really required ? 

there is a 100 point checklist, as long as you can get 100 point, its fine

Screenshot_2020-05-29-21-57-54-947_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

1 minute ago, MMM said:

there is a 100 point checklist, as long as you can get 100 point, its fine

Screenshot_2020-05-29-21-57-54-947_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

No Sir, While filling the application, on the 3rd page it asks from Australian Drivers License. I simply mentioned "Don't have Australian Drivers License yet" 

Grant Grant Grant!!!

So I finally got my grant today:

- Application date 05 Feb 2019

- Family of 4 (my little boy was born in Australia, 2 years old), I did the baby medical before they asked me to do so by generating HAP ID for 189 visa, which worked well with no issues.

- First contact on 06 May 2020 by CO Regina requesting updated AFP for me and my wife, previous employment agreement (because I changed my job 7 months ago) and current employment agreement (all the documents were provided earlier including the updated AFP but anyway I uploaded them again). 

- Grant received today 29 May 2020 by CO Heidi.

Many thanks to all the people here for sharing their experiences and allowing us to be well prepared. 

I have to highlight one thing here regarding the English proof requirement for PRIMARY applicant, in my case it wasn't requested, but after seeing it being requested from some of the members here, I uploaded my TOEFL test results which I took on January 2019 for study purposes just to be on the safe side. 

Thanks everyone and good luck to you all and have a great weekend

Edited by Rigid
  • Like 7

Granted!!

Applied 25/02/2019

First contact: 12/05/2020 Asked AFP & Evidence of english for primary applicant.

CO: Nikhila

Uploaded AFP & MPA certificate Immediately on12/05/2020 and complained about English evidence(not required)

granted: 29/05/2020 @ 3pm

CO: Nikhila

Family of 4

Didn’t provide english evidence as not required on 887.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rigid said:

Grant Grant Grant!!!

- Family of 4 (my little boy was born in Australia, 2 years old), I did the baby medical before they asked me to do so by generating HAP ID for 189 visa, which worked well with no issues.

- First contact on 06 May 2020 by CO Regina requesting updated AFP for me and my wife, previous employment agreement (because I changed my job 7 months ago) and current employment agreement (all the documents were provided earlier including the updated AFP but anyway I uploaded them again). 

Many thanks to all the people here for sharing their experiences and allowing us to be well prepared. 

I have to highlight one thing here regarding the English proof requirement for PRIMARY applicant, in my case it wasn't requested, but after seeing it being requested from some of the members here, I uploaded my TOEFL test results which I took on January 2019 for study purposes just to be on the safe side. 

congrats mate.

why does the CO ask for your current employment evidence. your previous employment does not fullfill for one year?

9 minutes ago, MMM said:

congrats mate.

why does the CO ask for your current employment evidence. your previous employment does not fullfill for one year?

Thanks mate, 

In fact my previous employment does fulfil 2 years indeed not only one, but you can't understand what's going on in the CO's minds that's all!

1 minute ago, Rigid said:

Thanks mate, 

In fact my previous employment does fulfil 2 years indeed not only one, but you can't understand what's going on in the CO's minds that's all!

I am thinking what about if I lose my job after one year, and what should I provide to CO if they asking

10 minutes ago, MMM said:

I am thinking what about if I lose my job after one year, and what should I provide to CO if they asking

Actually after thinking again, I believe they asked me for the current employment proof because I updated my form 80 when I changed my job, so maybe they wanted to make sure that my current job is still in regional area and no breach of visa conditions happened

So in the unlikely situation of losing employment, all they need to check is the current location still in regional area that's all

4 minutes ago, Rigid said:

Actually after thinking again, I believe they asked me for the current employment proof because I updated my form 80 when I changed my job, so maybe they wanted to make sure that my current job is still in regional area and no breach of visa conditions happened

So in the unlikely situation of losing employment, all they need to check is the current location still in regional area that's all

that make sense. thanks a lot mate. enjoy the big day!

• Like 1

Hi Everyone 

Is anybody waiting for their grant from October 2018?
I applied the 887 visa end of Oct 2018 through Agent.
First contact: 13 Jan 2020 ( Ask Police check), already upload. After that no response.

Should I make a complaint through an agent or just wait.

Please Advise me
Thank you 

33 minutes ago, Bipin said:

Hi Everyone 

Is anybody waiting for their grant from October 2018?
I applied the 887 visa end of Oct 2018 through Agent.
First contact: 13 Jan 2020 ( Ask Police check), already upload. After that no response.

Should I make a complaint through an agent or just wait.

Please Advise me
Thank you 

Yes, you should do it immediately 

4 hours ago, Ali_2020 said:

Guys !! Case officer advised me to get baby medical certificate.. 

is there any quicket possible in adelaide...Bupa Online system is showing dates of September ????

They have a list of centres that do medical on Bupa Site...call them which gives u the earliest date.

I booked Bupa, Brisbane and they gave me 23June and when i called Sonic Heathcare, Southport, i got 14 May..

On 5/26/2020 at 11:47 AM, Sunjay said:

Hey guys got one question  got my PR yesterday but we just had a baby on 20/25/2020 and i applied for birth certificate of baby but i havent notified immi yet. So just wondering what should i do next to apply for baby??

by the way i got grant through agent. So do you guys reckon that again i need to spend money on agent or should i do it by myself?? 

If you can please help me out w 

11 hours ago, Rigid said:

Grant Grant Grant!!!

Hi rigid,

congratulations on your grant.may i know how should i create hap id for my son who is 2 years old. Can you please let us know the process?

Thanks

According to the tracker, they processed applications till 01/01/19 in 1st May 2020, now it’s end of May and they have already processed till 16/05/19. That’s 5 months of grants!

So next month, if they continue this speed, they will process till October?

Everyone from May to Oct make sure you update your documents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, nudgee said:

According to the tracker, they processed applications till 01/01/19 in 1st May 2020, now it’s end of May and they have already processed till 16/05/19. That’s 5 months of grants!

So next month, if they continue this speed, they will process till October?

Everyone from May to Oct make sure you update your documents.

Do you think they will clear the backlog of 2018 and early 2019?