887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

HI SUGAR BOY,

thanks a lot for your response. I agree the point you made and understand we can do nothing but wait. I have got a letter from CO that my case has been referred to " National Security Check" to be done by external agencies in November 2014. So I guess it is so called ESC and waiting for a long wait. But issue is this process is impacting the applicants and their families. At first place my understanding and I guess majority of applicants would understand that if they had lived in regional areas for 2 years and worked full time (min. 35 hours/week), on the basis of application they would be granted PR. Majority applicants have had their hard conditions met by virtue of their determined hard work and sacrifice. I felt we have been cheated. what we can do about it. Seems like there is no rule of law. I have two kids and a lot of challenging time coming ahead. With my engineering skill my jobs are in Sydney,Melbourne, Perth but large organizations will not offer a job with Bridging Visa..God knows what will happen? So ...tell me SUGAR BOY ...how can we support each other....AU Gov is treating us like cattle..frustrating

Guest Cloud
Hi Cloud,

Do you mind sharing with us which nationality you're from?

1. What does it mean?

Your application is potentially being referred to ASIO (Australian Security Intelligence Organisation) to see if you meet PIC (Public Interest Criteria 4002) mandatory for Subclass 887 visa. ASIO performs a security assessment on you and establishes whether or not you are a threat to Australian national security or not. If they establish you are not, you get issued a non pre-judicial advice meaning you meet PIC 4002. If they assess you as being security threat then they issue you a adverse assessment which leads to cancellation of your current visa and refusal of the visa you've applied for.

2. How long does it take?

Time period for security assessments vary. Each case is treated differently based on the applicant's history, attributes and the visa subclass they have applied for. For most people it takes somewhere between 12-24 months.

3. Is there anything I can do about it?

Unfortunately nothing. DIBP has to wait for your assessment result to come through before they can make a decision on your case.

Hi Sugarboy,

Hi All,

I am currently in 475 skilled visa sponsored by my relative where I need to stay for 2 years and work for 1 year in order to get permanent residency (887 VISA). I came in May 2013 and will be fulfilling one criteria next month. I have few queries in regards to 1 year work.

1. I am working casual full time in a company through consultant. Do i need to get employment reference from company or consultant?

2. Do I need to work 35 hours per week as per Australian standards? I am stressing this because there are few weeks where I was able to work for only 4 days due to public holiday. Will those weeks will be counted?

Is there any other documents to be submitted during the visa?

Any suggestions please

Thanks

Sid

September 2014,,unfortunately yet to be granted PR as CO has referred for "National Security Check" which takes 12 to 18 months to be accomplished ...I am unlucky but wish you a good luck..I wish you do not have to be go through this process as they have recently changed policy not refer all application for Security assessments.

Hi everyone,

Applied 29th Jan, CO on 8th April asked form 1221, photographs, birth certificates, medicals for my second son. Uploaded all the docs on 15th April. Still no reply. Does anyone know how long for the CO to get back to me.

Thanks in advance

hi

does any one know, i have apply my visa through agent, is it ok to create immiaccount to check progress of application, does this affect my application, i am not going to upload or change anything but just check progress of my application.? does importing application affect original application by agent.??

hi

does any one know, i have apply my visa through agent, is it ok to create immiaccount to check progress of application, does this affect my application, i am not going to upload or change anything but just check progress of my application.? does importing application affect original application by agent.??

1-i have apply my visa through agent, is it ok to create immiaccount to check progress of application

Yes

2- does this affect my application, i am not going to upload or change anything but just check progress of my application.?

No, it does not impact your application. Its perfectly fine for you to create an immiaccount for yourself and import your application. Multiple Immiaccounts can have same application imported (Like twice - one instance by an agent and the other by the client)

3- does importing application affect original application by agent.?

No, it does not.

Hi everyone,

Applied 29th Jan, CO on 8th April asked form 1221, photographs, birth certificates, medicals for my second son. Uploaded all the docs on 15th April. Still no reply. Does anyone know how long for the CO to get back to me.

Thanks in advance

Is the medical of your Son cleared? Once its cleared, send them a gentle email or call them and they should be able to progress your application.

Good luck.

Hi All,

2. Do I need to work 35 hours per week as per Australian standards? I am stressing this because there are few weeks where I was able to work for only 4 days due to public holiday. Will those weeks will be counted?

Just to provide clarification on this. You mentioned you work Casual full time. I assume that means that you do not get paid entitlements like annual leave, sick leave etc. If my assumption is correct then those weeks won't get counted in the 52 week period to establish full time work as the total number of hours worked on your pay slip will be less than 35. My suggestion would be to make up for those weeks and then lodge your 887.

Hope this helps.

HI SUGAR BOY,

thanks a lot for your response. I agree the point you made and understand we can do nothing but wait. I have got a letter from CO that my case has been referred to " National Security Check" to be done by external agencies in November 2014. So I guess it is so called ESC and waiting for a long wait. But issue is this process is impacting the applicants and their families. At first place my understanding and I guess majority of applicants would understand that if they had lived in regional areas for 2 years and worked full time (min. 35 hours/week), on the basis of application they would be granted PR. Majority applicants have had their hard conditions met by virtue of their determined hard work and sacrifice. I felt we have been cheated. what we can do about it. Seems like there is no rule of law. I have two kids and a lot of challenging time coming ahead. With my engineering skill my jobs are in Sydney,Melbourne, Perth but large organizations will not offer a job with Bridging Visa..God knows what will happen? So ...tell me SUGAR BOY ...how can we support each other....AU Gov is treating us like cattle..frustrating

Hi tbzz,

I agree with you completely, and trust me many others feel exactly the same way you do. In some instances even family members are seperated for prolonged period of time due to the pending security checks, which makes life more tough.

Unfortunately there's not much we can do :(. I hope result of your checks some through quickly. I do not wish to give you any false hopes, but I wish you all the best and hopefully it all works out for you sooner rather than later.

Cheers.

Hi sugarboy againstthewind Eric,

First of all thanks all for your reply,

againstthwind : Before my 489 was approved I signed an agreement with state that I will be living in that state and working full time in nominated occupation or closely related occupation for at-least 2 years."

Now, to be eligible for 887 visa I must satisfy conditions outlined by my sponsoring state, which I did.

Now, I am eligible for 887 visa. But my question remains, can I change my state now and live in regional area only while my 887 visa is being processed.

Sugarboy : I still have 2 more years on 489 visa so expiry is not an issue. I also understand that I have to abide my 489 visa untill 887 is approved, which has condition to live and work in regional area, so after 2 years can it be any regional area or regional area of state that sponsored untill 887 approval.

This is my first post on this thread I was glad to see all your replies. I will stick to this thread and share information as well.

Much Thanks everyone,

Hi Sahirchamp,

You yourself have answered part of your question.

You're absolutely right. You have lived (for two years) and worked for 1 year in the state which sponsored you so you have fulfilled that commitment with your state. So thats a tick.

Now coming back to your 489, I assume that was subject to visa condition 8539, which says the following:

While the holder is in Australia, the holder must live, study and work only in an area specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for item 6A1001 Schedule 6A or item 6D101 Schedule 6D of the Migration Regulations 1994, as in force:

(a) when the visa was granted; or

(b) if the holder has held more than 1 visa that is subject to this condition-when the first of those visas was granted.

Now, for 887 to be granted you must substantially adhere to all conditions your pre-requisite visa (489) was subject to. In order to be compliant with the above condition it would be perfectly fine for you to now move to another regional area whose post code was listed as the declared regional area when your 489 was granted. I don't think this list frequently changes. The current list can be found at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx

then 'visa applicants tab' and then 'Specified regional areas of Australia' sub-section. The table under 'Regional and low population growth metropolitan areas' is the one you are interested in.

Hope the reasoning makes sense.

Hi all,

I just completed my 2 years stay. When I tried to complete my online application I was getting an error saying "visa number is not a correct format". I didn't get my visa stamped on my passport. So I entered my passport number as advised on the page. I tried waiting for few hours and then days but still no luck.

The question on the form is "if you have an Australian visa label in your current or previous passport,enter the visa number". Can I leave it blank or is it mandatory?

please advise.

Thank you.

Edited by flash

Hi all,

I just completed my 2 years stay. When I tried to complete my online application I was getting an error saying "visa number is not a correct format". I didn't get my visa stamped on my passport. So I entered my passport number as advised on the page. I tried waiting for few hours and then days but still no luck.

The question on the form is "if you have an Australian visa label in your current or previous passport,enter the visa number". Can I leave it blank or is it mandatory?

please advise.

Thank you.

You can leave it blank

Hi all,

please advise.

Thank you.

Leave it blank as it common error !

Thanks sugarboy. My son's medicals was cleared on 13 april. I applied through an agent. I am not sure if they had sent any emails to CO or not. The problem is CO asked for more documents on 8th april. I gave all the required documents to my agent on 10th april. My case is being handled my one of the assistants of my agent. She did not upload all the documents until 15th april. I had to ring her several times to upload the docs. Finally, I spoke to the agent directly and he uploaded the docs for me.

I do not know which team and where is my application is being processed. If I call immi will they respond to me? If I call what number should I call. Pls help

Thanks

Thanks sugarboy. My son's medicals was cleared on 13 april. I applied through an agent. I am not sure if they had sent any emails to CO or not. The problem is CO asked for more documents on 8th april. I gave all the required documents to my agent on 10th april. My case is being handled my one of the assistants of my agent. She did not upload all the documents until 15th april. I had to ring her several times to upload the docs. Finally, I spoke to the agent directly and he uploaded the docs for me.

I do not know which team and where is my application is being processed. If I call immi will they respond to me? If I call what number should I call. Pls help

Thanks

I would say just drop them a gentle email at: adelaide.gsm.team10@immi.gov.au