887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guys,

Allocation dates for General Skilled Migration applications have been updated and they can't be serious.

Since early May the application date has moved 4 days to 5 January 2015.

I wonder how this can be true as applicants from March have been already allocated to a CO.

Does anybody know why this information is so unreliable?

Cheers,

The processing of the 887 visa is nothing but a joke. So obviously they can't be serious.

How on earth security screening of someone who has lived in a country for 2+ years could take 2+ years.

The processing of the 887 visa is nothing but a joke. So obviously they can't be serious.

How on earth security screening of someone who has lived in a country for 2+ years could take 2+ years.

now they are processing march month file. i think they are on first week of march.. but when ever you check allocation of date they always one month or two month behind.

Like your comment applicant887, this is nothing but a joke.

I know this will sound insane but can we take any legal action against this? After all they are playing with our lives :(

now they are processing march month file. i think they are on first week of march.. but when ever you check allocation of date they always one month or two month behind.

Absolutely the allocation date for 887 Is a joke. 5 days improvement in a span of 3 months. Seriously? But hopefully we'll get our grants in the next week to come. I just can't think of any reason why they can't put March 1 2015 ? Anyone know? I think might be not all March 1 are allocated. They just pick easy ones to finalise?

That’s true this process is a job to take 2/3 months to grant visas, But how can we take any legal action against the process, we chose by our self’s to live and work here (Ausi land) apart from our Mother Lands, only medication is to wait and see what’s happening

Yes I agree. We can't take any legal actions as we dont have any right to those visas any way. It will still be up to immigration whether to grant us or not as at the end of the day they didnt ask us to come but we made those decisions ourselves so all we can do is just whinge that it is too slow blah blah from all the anxiety that we cant move forward etc but at the end of the day they still holds the ball.

That’s true this process is a job to take 2/3 months to grant visas, But how can we take any legal action against the process, we chose by our self’s to live and work here (Ausi land) apart from our Mother Lands, only medication is to wait and see what’s happening

It seems that you applied after 2015 and will get your grant soon :)

We chose to live for 2 years and work for 1 year.

If you applied on 2013 and had seen your colleague got his grant on just 1 week after allocation and then you see that you can't leave the country if emergency situation happened (you need to apply for another bridging visa which is another headache ) you will understand shahedce

Guest Cloud

Technically, we all agreed to get 475 (489) because of a pathway to PR. So, I guess, it is a kind of agreement. Right?

Does anyone has a lawyer to ask this question?

Technically, we all agreed to get 475 (489) because of a pathway to PR. So, I guess, it is a kind of agreement. Right?

Does anyone has a lawyer to ask this question?

There's no agreement unfortunately. Each visa is being assessed individually on its own merits and requirements. If you were to not apply 887, the government wouldn't come at your place and ask you to apply. You applied cause you want it, you're waiting for it cause you want it.

I wish I had better news :(

Nothing can be done unless you are facing exceptional circumstances in which case Immigration can expedite the process for you. (But this is like rare and I've never seen it happening even in the most compelling circumstances)

Life can sometimes be unfair. I have also experienced the bitterness of the immigration and recently the bitterness of the conditions of my visa. I have been waiting for thus PR all my life. I totally understand that the immigration is full of red tape and crap but what else can I do? recently I receive a big offer in city and asked agents and called immi for help for the 2 months I need to cover me to work in city but no one can help they just say u need to wait until u get PR. I didnt sleep for few nights after I lost the offer and thinking about the silly conditions and the mere no other way but to wait fpr PR just freak the hell out.

Thanks againstthewind.

People getting grants within 2 months will never understand the pain of waiting two years. That is why some people think this as whinging. I know we choose to come to this country but that does not mean that there will be no standard procedure and they can do whatever they wish. One will only understand this when someone is experiencing by oneself.

Anyway, good luck to all.

Am totally with u shahedce. We all have our ups and downs with the visas. Let's hope for the best of all of us. Am March 18th 2015 by the way but before I got my 475 I applied way back in 2009 So 6 years for a PR is just like am waiting all my life for this. Hopefully I really get it in 2 weeks. Much patience grief and an ocean of tears were sacrificed for this so hopefully at the end of the day in two weeks I will end up victorious.

I wonder if Channel 7 or any other station might be interested in the story of those, who have already waited for more than 2 years.

Maybe that will put some pressure on the DIBP. If there is a chance that let's say 3 or 4 people from different families would come together and you are trying to approach a TV or even a local radio station, maybe that helps to expedite the process in general. Just a thought.

And I reckon that also people, who have not waited so long could imagine how it feels like because the visa conditions of a 475 / 489 apply to almost everybody. To being limited is something that I could image very well as I am on my 475 for 3 years now.

(Will apply for 887 this weekend).

As already mentioned, everybody in the forum should get his/her/their PR asap.

Good luck everybody!

Edited by Speedbird

Am totally with u shahedce. We all have our ups and downs with the visas. Let's hope for the best of all of us. Am March 18th 2015 by the way but before I got my 475 I applied way back in 2009 So 6 years for a PR is just like am waiting all my life for this. Hopefully I really get it in 2 weeks. Much patience grief and an ocean of tears were sacrificed for this so hopefully at the end of the day in two weeks I will end up victorious.

Exactly like you waiting for PR since 2007 (long story).

Hi guys,

I have a question in regards to "Language Ability - English, Evidence of" according to the subclass 887 visa application we have submitted earlier today.

For my wife "Language Ability - English, Evidence of" is shown and we wonder, if she has to pay any second instalment fee as she didn't need to prove any functional English or to pay anything in the 489 extended stay pathway visa application.

And this makes sense, as we found this on the immi website:

"The second instalment of the visa application charge does not apply if it was previously paid in relation to an application for subclass 475, 487, 495 and 496 visas.​​​​" (http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/489-extended.aspx)

I wonder if the same applies to 887 visa applications.

Does she need to prove functional English or to pay the second instalment fee or can we upload the tax invoice and receipt that we've already paid the second instalment fee?

What experiences have you paid.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Hi guys, does anyone have any idea or check with immigration before how long we can go to overseas for?

because I applied on 6th of March 487-887 and contacted by CO on Friday,she said you went to overseas for 72 days, so ask me to withdrawal the application and reapply again in 2 months time.

Hi guys, does anyone have any idea or check with immigration before how long we can go to overseas for?

because I applied on 6th of March 487-887 and contacted by CO on Friday,she said you went to overseas for 72 days, so ask me to withdrawal the application and reapply again in 2 months time.

You can go to overseas for short period of time like 3 to 4 week per year.. Short period of holiday will not count against your 2 years residency .. And another thing if you go to overseas you have to show your co that you still live in regional area...

i hope it help you

Hi guys,

I have a question in regards to "Language Ability - English, Evidence of" according to the subclass 887 visa application we have submitted earlier today.

For my wife "Language Ability - English, Evidence of" is shown and we wonder, if she has to pay any second instalment fee as she didn't need to prove any functional English or to pay anything in the 489 extended stay pathway visa application.

And this makes sense, as we found this on the immi website:

"The second instalment of the visa application charge does not apply if it was previously paid in relation to an application for subclass 475, 487, 495 and 496 visas.​​​​" (http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/489-extended.aspx)

I wonder if the same applies to 887 visa applications.

Does she need to prove functional English or to pay the second instalment fee or can we upload the tax invoice and receipt that we've already paid the second instalment fee?

What experiences have you paid.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

You need to upload the payment invoice that shows you have paid this fee before.