887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

I cant believe why this is delaying because i apply 18th 2.15AM (early morning with all the docs and evidence documents), but so far no result

I feel for u immiaus. I think luck plays a bit. Thanks once again for everyone's support. Hope u get yours soon as well.

Hello Everyone

Finalllyy i got my Golden Email Today.....PR granted.....thank you all for your support on this forum :

Visa Applied on : 06/03/2015

CO Allocated : 08/05/2015 and asked for Form 80 and 1221 with birth certificate

Docs submitted : 10/05/2015

Visa Granted : 19/05/2015

Good luck to all those who are waiting.....

Hello Everyone

Finalllyy i got my Golden Email Today.....PR granted.....thank you all for your support on this forum :

Visa Applied on : 06/03/2015

CO Allocated : 08/05/2015 and asked for Form 80 and 1221 with birth certificate

Docs submitted : 10/05/2015

Visa Granted : 19/05/2015

Good luck to all those who are waiting.....

Heartful congratulations Kiran God bless u

Edited by NicF
Fixed quote

Congrats to all those who got their grants , wishing you all the best from bottom of my heart? and for all those who are waiting from 2013 and 2014 their is an interesting article to read on abc news , see if any of you can find it

There it is

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-19/skilled-migrants-waiting-years-for-permanent-residency/6481916

I am just hoping our cases won't go down this path...cause it appears that we are pretty much defenceless in these situations againat whatever DIBP does to the applications.

It read this article and it talks about Priority group 5 - are we on priority group 5? don't think so..

There it is

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-19/skilled-migrants-waiting-years-for-permanent-residency/6481916

I am just hoping our cases won't go down this path...cause it appears that we are pretty much defenceless in these situations againat whatever DIBP does to the applications.

It read this article and it talks about Priority group 5 - are we on priority group 5? don't think so..

887 is priority exempt. so this article doesn't really apply to us.

Unfortunately for these people their visas will only get processed if there are any places left (given the financial year quota) which doesn't look it it'll happen. Their applications are delayed because of immigration department priority processing policies. Ours are delayed cause they are stuck with ASIO.

Nope. We are not.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.aspx

Subclasses 489 – Renewal, 489 – Subsequent Entrant and 887 Skilled - Regional are exempt from the priority processing direction and applications are processed in the order in which they were received.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Speedbird

You are right. In fact we are meant to be priority exempt applicants which means first in first out processing order, but this is definitely not happening so I was just wondering that the scenario for priority 5 cases could happen to us as well without us having any kind of input to it. Feeling helpless.

Edited by applicant887

You are right. In fact we are meant to be priority exempt applicants which means first in first out processing order, but this is definitely not happening so I was just wondering that the scenario for priority 5 cases could happen to us as well without us having any kind of input to it. Feeling helpless.

887 is processed in the order in which department receives them.

By processed it means its allocated to CO in the order in which application is logged. The department does not guarantee the order in which applications will be finalized as it differs between different applicants due to various reasons.

ASIO checks for other subclasses are quicker than 887 leading me to believe that other sub classes have a higher priority for ASIO vs 887.

Guest Cloud

I am just wondering - what ASIO/ASIS checks?

If they scare that we are terrorist - then it is too late - we all are in Australia, we go the same shop they go, we live the same street they live.

My neighbor is military and I live close to police - is it not good enough for security? (I am kidding)

I am just wondering - what ASIO/ASIS checks?

If they scare that we are terrorist - then it is too late - we all are in Australia, we go the same shop they go, we live the same street they live.

My neighbor is military and I live close to police - is it not good enough for security? (I am kidding)

Exactly!

Somewhat flawed system to enforce security for onshore visa applicants (887 is only for onshore applicants)

No problem if they want to check our background but i am pretty sure that it would be very costly to check every person by using agents (cost millions),

So most likely they use computer system to get the answer and this pretty obvious for even not experienced computer developer this can be achieved by matter of seconds or minutes by creating a batch job of all applicants and run the job.

So I think it's kind of a business....

No problem if they want to check our background but i am pretty sure that it would be very costly to check every person by using agents (cost millions),

So most likely they use computer system to get the answer and this pretty obvious for even not experienced computer developer this can be achieved by matter of seconds or minutes by creating a batch job of all applicants and run the job.

So I think it's kind of a business....

AUSI migration is a business basically, So we are the Client in that Business pool