887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

I have 489 visa now and going to apply 887 visa. I am main applicant.

my question is for my wife( my dependent).

I have to prove her 2 year living criteria in regional area too.

Her name is with me as a joint account holder name in a bank account and in a house lease agreement so would it be a valid to grand my 887 visa?

Everyone's answer will be appreciated.

Thank you all friends

you are the primary applicant so co will focus on your claims .. Your wife only need to stay with you in regional area.. There is no any special requirement for your wife.. She will be eligible for 887 when you are applying . It is not necessary for her to live at least 2 years

hope it helps

Hi,

I had 475 on Dec2011. We come to Ausi on Apr 2013.

I did not go back at all since Apr 2013 till now.

I don't know why CO asked. Should I reply CO and inform her that I did not go back at all?

I am from Singapore. COC application may took about 2 to 3 weeks..

Hi moon same thing for me CO asked for AFP (AUSI) and Police check form my country as well and i also haven't visited my country one i get down

this is not fair enough because some of my friends who applied 2014 last year and received there PR have not asked any AFP and home country checks (even they have visit back for short trips)

totally unfair and this cost lot of money 'i think is will be same for every one now hey will request AFP and mother country checks to earn more money (;

Hi All

I am in 489 Visa and planning to apply for 887 in 2 months. Can anyone Suggest me on the following query?

1. Planning to apply 887 through my wife as a primary applicant (She was a secondary applicant in 489 previously). Is there any drama or she can apply.

2. I heard in her case she wont be able to lodge application online and this will require a paper submission. Is this true?

3. After we got 489 we have visited overseas for 4 weeks. Should i get another overseas police clearance certificate for 887 application. Though i have submitted this during my 489 visa application.

4. we are also having a baby before my 2 year stay in designated/regional area. Should i update this status in my current 489 visa and then apply for 887? Do i need to get a passport for the baby to update my 489 visa or only birth certificate will be sufficient.

5. Do i need to get the passport for the baby before applying for 887?

Hi All

I am in 489 Visa and planning to apply for 887 in 2 months. Can anyone Suggest me on the following query?

1. Planning to apply 887 through my wife as a primary applicant (She was a secondary applicant in 489 previously). Is there any drama or she can apply.

2. I heard in her case she wont be able to lodge application online and this will require a paper submission. Is this true?

3. After we got 489 we have visited overseas for 4 weeks. Should i get another overseas police clearance certificate for 887 application. Though i have submitted this during my 489 visa application.

4. we are also having a baby before my 2 year stay in designated/regional area. Should i update this status in my current 489 visa and then apply for 887? Do i need to get a passport for the baby to update my 489 visa or only birth certificate will be sufficient.

Hi,

1. I think the primary applicant should be the same person (not 100% sure). Because you are applying 887 on the basis of 489.

2. Is there any specific reason why you want to make her as primary applicant.

3. yes you need overseas police clearance

4. not sure if you have to update about baby to 489 because I didn't. But you can use baby's birth certificate only if you are not travelling overseas with your baby.

but you have to include your baby in the application.

hope this info helps

Hi,

1. I think the primary applicant should be the same person (not 100% sure). Because you are applying 887 on the basis of 489.

2. Is there any specific reason why you want to make her as primary applicant.

3. yes you need overseas police clearance

4. not sure if you have to update about baby to 489 because I didn't. But you can use baby's birth certificate only if you are not travelling overseas with your baby.

but you have to include your baby in the application.

hope this info helps

Thanks Chatter for your opinion.

The reason behind making my wife primary applicant is she has straight forward one year working documents, where i have worked on a casual basis and inconsistent to show 35 hours of work on a weekly basis.

Also i don't find any information in 887's eligibility criteria who was a secondary applicant in 489 visa. it only says who holds 489 visa and lived and worked 2 years and one respectively can apply this visa.

Questions to you-

Do you mean (4. not sure if you have to update about baby to 489 because I didn't.) you have applied straight to 887 including you child without updating in 489?

Please refer page 115 of this thread.There are some answers to your 1st question.

Hi All

Guest Cloud
I actually have the same feeling since one of my friends's case was processed at almost same timeframe as your friend's. It makes me believe that there are 3 types of processing times:

1- normal situation which takes 2-3 months

2- medium situation which takes 8-10 months

3- long term cases which take 2+ years to process

Hi applicant887,

I am just wondering

1. Do you have facts that makes you believe that way?

2. Do these types depends on original (visited) countries or luck?

Thank you

Hi applicant887,

I am just wondering

1. Do you have facts that makes you believe that way?

2. Do these types depends on original (visited) countries or luck?

Thank you

Hi Cloud,

These are just my observations during the period that I have been following 887 visa application since early 2014, either in and/or out of this forum.

1- Normal situation includes most of the cases from low risk countries plus cases from high risk countries post Sep 2014 (most of them of course not all)

2- Cases with 8-10 months time frame which as a matter of fact I know some of them personally (high risk countries)

3- Cases with up to 2+ years processing time which I reckon you are familiar with some of them in this forum.

It is pure luck there is no way it could have been guessed at the first place.

Hi guys just a quick question

my friends has applied for visa on 19 and 25 March they did not got any response yet our layer is saying your case officer is allocated but this financial years quitta is complete so you guys will get pr in July we r in 887 visa. I was just wandering how it's possible for other guys to get pr after 19. Well is this visa is according to professions such as accountants, cook etc or we r all same irrespective of profession??

Response will be appreciated

thanks

hi i am new in this forum. i am in 487 visa where i wad a main applicant. i had a baby and i could not work fulltime. therefore my husband is working full time and is going to apply 87 as main aplicant. i want to know can he become main applicant for 887 as he has not studied here and does not have skill assessment. does he need ielts.

i have checked immi website where it says he can. im worried. would anyone please help me clarify this.

thanks

syd

Hi Syd

I am in the same situation like yours. Whats your current status for your 887 application? Have you got PR? Did you applied online for your husband as a primary applicant?

[MENTION][/MENTION]

One of my Iranian friends was granted PR yesterday. He had applied early Feb 2015. Was asked for overseas PCC.

He also told me that two of his Iranian friends got their visa after 22 months who had applied July 2013.

This processing system couldn't be more unfair and funny.

Thanks for sharing the update with us.