887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Don't worry my friend , I am Iranian too,

Applied on Apr 2014 and still waiting.

My timeline exactly the same of yours.

Did you visit Iran recently?

They consistently change the rules so because of that you need to be lucky to have the easy rules.

I have a friend who is Iranian as well , he got scholarship from Australia , PHD etc but background check took 18 months for him.

so they don't care about your situation or your ability , they just follow the ... rules.

Thanks againsthewind,

Not since I've applied.

Did they ask you to renew the AFP?

you do not need to worry too much as the people who enquired from them, were asked to submit new AFP just to shut them up and show there is some progress on their case.

if you like you can make enquiry with DIBP and they will ask you to submit new AFP, but of no use as the grant will come as ESC gets completed, AFP takes I think a day to do these days. :)

Hi every one. ..

I am a bit worried about my case because everyone I know who applied April 2014 and some may 2014 have been asked to provide new AFP..

But they didn't ask me yet. ..what can be the possible reason. .did they forgot my case? ??

Hello Guys,

I have applied on 21 Feb, I have got CO allocated and requested for form 80, 1221 and birth certificate.

I have enclosed my passport as birth certificate. But they have asked for a letter stating that , "If your country of birth does not issue birth certificates, please provide written notification stating this".

Can i just write stating that during that time, there were no birth certificates?. I have 10th class certificate as DOB, but it doesnt have photo on that?. Is still fine, to include my 10th class certificate as DOB.

Hi , I hope you got your PR . I had a little enquiry what you did for your birth certificate ?

Good news,

An Iranian guy who applied Nov 2013 received PR today. don't know his milestone but thought to share it with you.

Thanks for sharing applicant887...Any details especially when the ESC was sent for this case would be highly appreciated.

Good luck to you too.

Hi guys

i have a question regarding 887 visa work. I complete my one year work experience in 1 and half year i haven't worked 1 year continuously but i have 52 payslips for 35 hours in week.i worked with two companies from dec 13 to june 14 did 14 weeks full time .then 26 june 14 to may 15 38 weeks full time .am i eligible to apply for pr or i have to wait untill 26 june 15 to work continuously for one year?

Thanks

Hi guys

i have a question regarding 887 visa work. I complete my one year work experience in 1 and half year i haven't worked 1 year continuously but i have 52 payslips for 35 hours in week.i worked with two companies from dec 13 to june 14 did 14 weeks full time .then 26 june 14 to may 15 38 weeks full time .am i eligible to apply for pr or i have to wait untill 26 june 15 to work continuously for one year?

Thanks

Hi mate,

You meet your work experience condition even if you have worked for 52 weeks (Staggered) whilst holding pre-requisite visa for 887.

So you should be good to apply.

Hi guys

Thanks

As long as you get one year full time employment, regardless wheather it is splitted in time or not you are fine.

I am not 100% sure about 52 weeks. I would go for 53 'cause 365 days /7 days =52.143 weeks. (leap years not included wit 366 days).

So I would at least allow another week for having 53 weeks to be 100% certain.

But that's just me. I have applied with 66 weeks but only because I needed to wait until the 2 years were over.

Please bare in mind that you have to live for 2 years in regional Australia. Consider time in which you have left the country if applicable. Give them no chance to through you back.

Guest Cloud
I have been oveseas for 10 weeks, I have added 10 more weeks in 2years of living in regional area, should be ok?

Workwise I was full time for 2 years.

My wife needs to be onshore?

Applying for 887 after 489.

If were in Australia 1 year and 9 months - it is not ok. However, call 131 881 to get all answers.

Some updates from GSM priority exempt allocation

887 Skilled – Regional - 13 March 2015

Compared to last months update of 5 days progress , this time we have big step forward ... - Yay!

@sahirchamp - I would check with the department AND migration agent. I have no idea. Maybe only the primary applicant has to be onshore but I would not bet on that.

So check with the two and give us an update please.

Cheers mate!

Hello every one what's up why so silent here now a days hahaha ....

i am in my 489 visa and going to apply 887.but my question is i will fullfill my living and working in regional in this july 10 but i am planning to log 887 application in june 10 or 11 mens one monthe before is there any problem if i log my application? :notworthy:

Hello every one what's up why so silent here now a days hahaha ....

i am in my 489 visa and going to apply 887.but my question is i will fullfill my living and working in regional in this july 10 but i am planning to log 887 application in june 10 or 11 mens one monthe before is there any problem if i log my application? :notworthy:

Don't do that.

Apply on 11 July or after.

They easily reject your application and would be waste of money and time.

But if you want to just create an account and draft application , I think you can create draft application and you should submit it on 11 July.

Edited by againstthewind

U sure man ...but still i apply now it will take 4 to 5 weeks time to acollate for CO so it will be right time bro...:biggrin:

The eligibility requirement is to have already lived in specified regional area on a prerequisite visa for 2 years before you can apply. So you should only apply once you meet this requirement.

Hello every one , I have a doubt regarding my name in birth certificate and passport. ie If my name is Rajesh Kallingal in Passport and in my birth certificate if its Rajesh K which is the abbreviation of Kallingal. Will that lead to a problem once I submit my birth certificate to the case officer.

Hello every one , I have a doubt regarding my name in birth certificate and passport. ie If my name is Rajesh Kallingal in Passport and in my birth certificate if its Rajesh K which is the abbreviation of Kallingal. Will that lead to a problem once I submit my birth certificate to the case officer.

Hi , it's better not to submit if you have your 10th class certificate, you can submit that aswell instead of DOB