887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Nah, no update on my case.

Scope of ESC is as follows:

The applicant is not a threat to Australian security, the applicant must not be involved in:

(i) Espionage;

(ii) Sabotage;

(iii) Politically motivated violence;

(iv) Promotion of communal violence;

(v) attacks on Australia's defence system;

(vi) acts of foreign interference;

I believe that's an unnecessary step. They can put through any applicant from anywhere for these external security checks. They although have a risk managed framework. Basically if your profile meets certain criteria your file gets sent.

We have already noticed a change that not all applicants atleast gets their application referred to ESC these days even if they are born or have spent time in high risk areas.

thanks Sugarboy

Hi all members iam new to this forum , i was reading this forum since few days and decided to join in ,soon in july, iam going to apply 887 after completing my 2 years.

iam on 487 visa is there any one out there on 487 .. i didnt find a single person on this forum whos is on 487 visa and applied or applying ???

475 to 887 applied : 22/04/2014

Team 10 Contact for passport update: 8/9/14

Team 13 contact for additional info: 16/9/14

Team 10 Contact for AFP and pcc from home country: 26/05/2015

Seems they asking AFP and PCC from every one now, Have you been to your county ones to land to Australia (more than 4 weeks) or do you have gap between visa grant date to first entry to Australia

Seems they asking AFP and PCC from every one now, Have you been to your county ones to land to Australia (more than 4 weeks) or do you have gap between visa grant date to first entry to Australia

I entered Australia 8 months after I received my 475 visa grant notice. Also I have visited Bangladesh twice during last three years. First time stayed five weeks then four weeks.

Hi guys

I am silent reader of this forum

I have a couple questions if any one can help with these ones please

1. Is good to do visa medicals before lodging 887visa application r after lodging the application?

2. Is there any difference in processing time frame if I applying by myself rather than through a migration agent ?

Any please help would be appreciated

Hi guys

I am silent reader of this forum

I have a couple questions if any one can help with these ones please

1. Is good to do visa medicals before lodging 887visa application r after lodging the application?

2. Is there any difference in processing time frame if I applying by myself rather than through a migration agent ?

Any please help would be appreciated

1- If you have done medical checks for your provisional visa and there is no additional member to the application afterwards (a newborn or a partner for instance) you won't be required to undergo medical checks.

2- To my understanding and based on the information on DIBP website applying through an agent won't make your case be processed quicker that said perhaps they can facilitate the application and document submission which ultimately means less information hunting required. Of course this is only true if you come across an agent who knows what to do.

Edited by applicant887

Hi All,

To applicant887:

How did you know that your application is under ESC?

I was told by phone - I got no emails about or else.

I called Brisbane GSM visa processing office on 07 3136 7000 and a helpful lady happened to attend my call also an inquiry to immigration via my local MP confirmed the date as well.

Hi Sugarboy

i have noticed in 887 visa some CO is asking for CV

why ? Any idea ?

Hi Eric,

Yeah not sure. I've personally not being asked though.

I think they want to cross check between various records to mitigate the fact of someone providing false or misleading info.

Hi All,

I have some queries in regards to secondary applicant.

I am in 475 family sponsored visa and I will be applying for 887 visa soon satisfying the criteria by staying in designated area for 2 yrs and work for 1 year. My visa is until May 2016.

Moreover, I am getting married this year.

1.Will my partner need to apply for 475 visa or she can directly add the secondary applicant to 887 visa?

2. If she has to apply for 475 visa, should she stay here and satisfy the eligibility criteria? How long does it take to get this visa?

3. Does she require to write IELTS for 475 visa or it can be done in 887?

Eagerly waiting for your response

Thanks and Regards,

Sid

Hi All,

I am in 475 family sponsored visa and I will be applying for 887 visa soon satisfying the criteria by staying in designated area for 2 yrs and work for 1 year. My visa is until May 2016.

1.Will my partner need to apply for 475 visa or she can directly add the secondary applicant to 887 visa?

2. If she has to apply for 475 visa, should she stay here and satisfy the eligibility criteria? How long does it take to get this visa?

Thanks and Regards,

Sid

If I were you , I would marry after getting PR as 475 and 887 are a headache, hopefully it will take 2-3 months for you to get the PR so I think don't add more headache to your application.

Please take this as a personal suggestion.

Good luck with your marriage.

Guest Cloud

"1.Will my partner need to apply for 475 visa or she can directly add the secondary applicant to 887 visa?"

She can be added as a secondary applicant.

If I were you , I would marry after getting PR as 475 and 887 are a headache, hopefully it will take 2-3 months for you to get the PR so I think don't add more headache to your application.

Please take this as a personal suggestion.

Good luck with your marriage.

You cant add partner straight on 887. You will have to wait for 887 to be approved, Also need to inform department regarding change of circumstance i.e. marrige

Also remember fee for adding partner after 887 willl be fortune. $6950

Also you would then have to wait for 309 to approve or would have to bring her on some other visa then on bridging visa.

Its only my personal opinion, you should consult a migration agent or immigration lawyer.

Thanks.

Hi,

Is there anybody who changed passport details after lodging application. Is it al-right just attaching form 929 or I have to visit departments office and hand over the form?

Thanks

You can update details afterwards, unless you are travelling outside Australia

Alternatively, visit DIBP office and update your details.

But I suppose it is Visa condition to update details within. 14 days.

Hi All,

Thanks and Regards,

Sid

Suggestion for question no 1. Once u become PR, Ur wife can apply for spouse visa, which will take around a year time.Then after her arrival in Australia after completing two years from the date u applied ur spouse visa, U would receive an email stating that she s eligible for applying PR. Then she can apply for PR which she normally become in a month of time.For this visa she need not write IELTS.

Hi,

Is there anybody who changed passport details after lodging application. Is it al-right just attaching form 929 or I have to visit departments office and hand over the form?

Thanks

There's a Change of passport details link under the Related links section in ImmiAccount.

You can use this link to change your passport details and that will automatically update all of the department's online records.