887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

When does is say application being processed further for you at:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa/

Hi Sugarboy,

What does this mean?

I applied on Apr 2014 but the date of this status (being processed further) is 19/6/14.

It means that my application had this status 3 months before shahedce even though we applied on the same month.

Guest Cloud
A friend of mine is on a bridging visa (for a partner visa though) and he got a job as a R&D Engineer in Sydney recently.

Apparently it is not impossible.

Thank you.

That what I thought.

Personally, I do not mind to live in regional area as PR but I hate when they force me to do that.

Hi Sugar Boy,

Do you have any update of your case yet? Can you tell me what is the scope of External security Check? What they actually check?

Is there anyone in the forum to bring our issues live in Media? Questions are why we have to go through ESC as offshore PR holders do not go the process? rational? any thoughts? is is going to make any change at all? It will be a another unnecessary step?

Regards,

Hi Speedbird,

Can we change state after we have applied for 887, still living in regional area in other state though?

Hi sahirchamp,

It depends on your bridging visa. Check your conditions. When the bridiging visa conditions are NIL AND it is in AFFECT, then you are allowed to go anywhere, as your 489 visa has expired and the conditions attached to your 475/489 visa have expired too.

However, if your briding visa has conditions like "has to live, work, study in Reginal Australia" then you are not allowed to go to the big cities.

My briding visa was granted on 9/05/2015 and has NO conditions.

Again, please check your briding visa if it is unconditionally and remember it has to be active, which means your 475/489 visa must have expired.

That is my understanding after a lot of research.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Speedbird.

Edited by Speedbird

Hi sahirchamp,

It depends on your bridging visa. Check your conditions. When the bridiging visa conditions are NIL AND it is in AFFECT, then you are allowed to go anywhere, as your 489 visa has expired and the conditions attached to your 475/489 visa have expired too.

However, if your briding visa has conditions like "has to live, work, study in Reginal Australia" then you are not allowed to go to the big cities.

My briding visa was granted on 9/05/2015 and has NO conditions.

Again, please check your briding visa if it is unconditionally and remember it has to be active, which means your 475/489 visa must have expired.

That is my understanding after a lot of research.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Speedbird.

Thanks for your prompt reply speedbird.

I still have 2 years left on my 489. I am applying for 887.

I just want to change state, I still be living in regional area in new state, but not in state which nominated me..

Can I do that?

Thanks!

Thanks for your prompt reply speedbird.

I still have 2 years left on my 489. I am applying for 887.

I just want to change state, I still be living in regional area in new state, but not in state which nominated me..

Can I do that?

Thanks!

No worries sahirchamp,

Same with me, I was sponsored by NSW (Albury Wodonga) but I do live in Adelaide, which is considered as Regional (and there is good reason why if you ask me). Couldn't find any job in Albury, every second store was empty and for lease which was quite devestating back in the day.

The good thing is though, you have no leagal obligation to stay in your nominated state, only a moral obligation.

There is no legeslation which forbids us to leave the nominated state or region.

And when it comes to the 887 application, CO only check wheather you have worked and lived in regional or lower population growth Australia. As long as you did that, you're fine.

Let's hope PR is coming soon for all of us.

Cheers.

P.S. There is not state migration act, there is only a federal migration act.

Edited by Speedbird

No worries sahirchamp,

Same with me, I was sponsored by NSW (Albury Wodonga) but I do live in Adelaide, which is considered as Regional (and there is good reason why if you ask me). Couldn't find any job in Albury, every second store was empty and for lease which was quite devestating back in the day.

The good thing is though, you have no leagal obligation to stay in your nominated state, only a moral obligation.

There is no legeslation which forbids us to leave the nominated state or region.

And when it comes to the 887 application, CO only check wheather you have worked and lived in regional or lower population growth Australia. As long as you did that, you're fine.

Let's hope PR is coming soon for all of us.

Cheers.

P.S. There is not state migration act, there is only a federal migration act.

Thanks speedbird for prompt reply,

As I was sponsored by NT, and I signed obligation for living in NT for 2 years which is completed now, So I guess after I put my application for 887, I will be able to live in Adelaide Regional Victoria or Tasmania.

Also it said, state nomination cannot be transferd to another state .. What would that mean..?

Much appreciate your time spent on my query.

Thanks speedbird for prompt reply,

As I was sponsored by NT, and I signed obligation for living in NT for 2 years which is completed now, So I guess after I put my application for 887, I will be able to live in Adelaide Regional Victoria or Tasmania.

Also it said, state nomination cannot be transferd to another state .. What would that mean..?

Much appreciate your time spent on my query.

If it is not too cold in winter and not too hot in summer, Adelaide is pretty nice actually, depending on your industry.

Regional VIC like Bendigo or Ballarat or even Geelong could be interesting, but I guess less oportunities than Adelaide.

That is true. The sponsorship cannot be transfered but as I mentioned above, there is no legislation forcing us to stay in a certain state.

I've got this from migration agents, so I believe this information is pretty reasonable.

I think the states try to make you thinking that you have to stay in a state, but this is actually not true.

If someone here has a different statement, please share.

Now, finished for the day, time to see the wife! :-)

Take care mate!

If it is not too cold in winter and not too hot in summer, Adelaide is pretty nice actually, depending on your industry.

Regional VIC like Bendigo or Ballarat or even Geelong could be interesting, but I guess less oportunities than Adelaide.

That is true. The sponsorship cannot be transfered but as I mentioned above, there is no legislation forcing us to stay in a certain state.

I've got this from migration agents, so I believe this information is pretty reasonable.

I think the states try to make you thinking that you have to stay in a state, but this is actually not true.

If someone here has a different statement, please share.

Now, finished for the day, time to see the wife! :-)

Take care mate!

I think you are right..! Atleast 2 years need to be spent in nominated state which I did..! So shouldn't be a problem.! As 887 requirement are met too.

Will be applying for 887 soon. Fingers Crossed!

Hi Sugar Boy,

Do you have any update of your case yet? Can you tell me what is the scope of External security Check? What they actually check?

Is there anyone in the forum to bring our issues live in Media? Questions are why we have to go through ESC as offshore PR holders do not go the process? rational? any thoughts? is is going to make any change at all? It will be a another unnecessary step?

Regards,

Nah, no update on my case.

Scope of ESC is as follows:

The applicant is not a threat to Australian security, the applicant must not be involved in:

(i) Espionage;

(ii) Sabotage;

(iii) Politically motivated violence;

(iv) Promotion of communal violence;

(v) attacks on Australia's defence system;

(vi) acts of foreign interference;

I believe that's an unnecessary step. They can put through any applicant from anywhere for these external security checks. They although have a risk managed framework. Basically if your profile meets certain criteria your file gets sent.

We have already noticed a change that not all applicants atleast gets their application referred to ESC these days even if they are born or have spent time in high risk areas.

Guest Cloud

"The good thing is though, you have no leagal obligation to stay in your nominated state, only a moral obligation." - It depends, I guess. I had a phrase like : "regional area in sponsored state". Check your visa.