887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Rajne
I lived in Malaysia from 2003 to 2005 so case officer require me to give him my police clearance at that time. Any body have experience to get police clearance as quick as possible? Plz help me :(:dull:

Hope This Helps duyhoang89,

Relevant document – Certificate of Good Conduct

NON-RESIDENTS

Apply at the Malaysian Embassy or High Commission in your country of residence

Provide: 2 copies of Certificate of Good Conduct form; 2 passport size photos; 2 photocopies of Identification Card; 2 photocopies of passport (non-citizens must photocopy all pages); a stamped, self-addressed envelope; an introduction letter from employer (non-citizens only) and a signed statutory declaration attested by a Commissioner for Oaths (for Malaysians).

RESIDENTS

Apply - Consular Division,

Ministry of Foreign Affairs,

Malaysia

At Wisma Putra

No 1, Jalan Wisma Putra

Precinct 2

62602 Putrajaya

Malaysia

Phone (603) 88874000

Provide: 2 copies of Certificate of Good Conduct form; 2 passport sized photos; 2 photocopies of Identification Card; 2 photocopies of passport (non-citizens must photocopy all pages); a stamped self-addressed envelope; an introduction letter from employer (non-citizens only) and a signed statutory declaration attested by a Commissioner for Oaths (for Malaysians).

Website : www.kln.gov.my/files/sijilkelakuanbaikformalaysians.pdf

Source : http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf

Guest Rajne
Does http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm mean that in last 2 weeks NO progress has been made at all on 887 applications? As far as I remember in last fortnightly update they were still on 05 Jan 13........Guys am I missing something?

Well , CO's are asking Police clearance Certificates(PCC) for countries which applicant lived before applying for 887

Just a Suggestion ... It is wise to get PCC if anyone travelled to their home country for more then a Month ... !!

Please note this is just a suggestion as some of the 887 applicants in the thread have been asked for PCC from CO's even if they have been in Aus for long time ..

Guest duyhoang89
Hope This Helps duyhoang89,

Relevant document – Certificate of Good Conduct

NON-RESIDENTS

Apply at the Malaysian Embassy or High Commission in your country of residence

Provide: 2 copies of Certificate of Good Conduct form; 2 passport size photos; 2 photocopies of Identification Card; 2 photocopies of passport (non-citizens must photocopy all pages); a stamped, self-addressed envelope; an introduction letter from employer (non-citizens only) and a signed statutory declaration attested by a Commissioner for Oaths (for Malaysians).

RESIDENTS

Apply - Consular Division,

Ministry of Foreign Affairs,

Malaysia

At Wisma Putra

No 1, Jalan Wisma Putra

Precinct 2

62602 Putrajaya

Malaysia

Phone (603) 88874000

Provide: 2 copies of Certificate of Good Conduct form; 2 passport sized photos; 2 photocopies of Identification Card; 2 photocopies of passport (non-citizens must photocopy all pages); a stamped self-addressed envelope; an introduction letter from employer (non-citizens only) and a signed statutory declaration attested by a Commissioner for Oaths (for Malaysians).

Website : www.kln.gov.my/files/sijilkelakuanbaikformalaysians.pdf

Source : http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf

Thanks you. I already known it, but this one need such a very long time process, and I saw few people told on internet Malaysia wont follow their outline:wacko:, so I think i have to apply in person in Malaysia, probably it is faster :dull:

Guest Devi-887
Well , CO's are asking Police clearance Certificates(PCC) for countries which applicant lived before applying for 887

Just a Suggestion ... It is wise to get PCC if anyone travelled to their home country for more then a Month ... !!

Please note this is just a suggestion as some of the 887 applicants in the thread have been asked for PCC from CO's even if they have been in Aus for long time ..

I agree with you Rajne .

Guest Rajne
Thanks you. I already known it, but this one need such a very long time process, and I saw few people told on internet Malaysia wont follow their outline:wacko:, so I think i have to apply in person in Malaysia, probably it is faster :dull:

I applied for Indian PCC and it came in 1 week ... Sorry to know for Malaysian Pcc takes long time ..

​Best of Luck mate

Edited by Rajne

Guest SRAZ

i have called my case Officer...as today is his first day from holidays so he mentioned that there is no update on my file. My guts feel is it will be finalised by end of this month...

Guest Rajne

Still 2012 applications are not processed ...

The only applicant who have recieved a successful grant in the year 2013 is "Want_887"

887 visa used to be the fastest visa to be processed but sadly now it is the slowest :(

Guest Moody_s

hello everyone

I applied for 887 on 5th jan 2013

case officer allocated on 22nd of April and asked for overseas police clearance

i applied it the very next day and received on 7th may

I sent it through email to case officer the same day..

received my grant letter on 13th may..

hope this will give some of you guys an idea of processing time for 887 visa in 2013...

good luck everyone

Guest Rajne
hello everyone

hope this will give some of you guys an idea of processing time for 887 visa in 2013...

good luck everyone

Thank you Moddy_S for your Information .. Did you to do Medicals ?

and Congrats for your successful visa grant ... :)

Edited by Rajne

Guest Moody_s
How long we're you away during 2 years period.

I was away for 3 months during 2 year period,I called

immigration before applying and I was told that

we can travel overseas for upto 4 weeks in a year...

​so I had to wait for a month before applying...

Guest Moody_s
Thank you Moddy_S for your Information .. Did you to do Medicals ? and Congrats for your successful visa grant ... :)

thanks rajne

no I was not asked for medicals..

Guest duyhoang89
hello everyone

good luck everyone

Which country did you apply for your oversea police clearance?:wink:

Guest brogs12

Hi, That is great news Moody_s.

For others on the forum, we have similar timelines and are waiting for the Police Check from the UK (my partner was in the UK for just over 2 months which means he needs to do a check). We applied from here, but did need an English Cheque Book to make payment.

I just need to show work evidence and hopefully that is it.

Moody_s you seemed to receive your grant letter quickly after submitting the final information so fingers crossed!!

I will let everyone know.

Thanks

Guest SRAZ

Lucky Moody_S :)

I applied on 22/12 and still waiting...One of the reason could be my case officer was away for 1.5 months and i emailed him yesterday...He said hang on there :) they trying to get rid of application asap...albeit i have provided everything except medicals...as they have yet to ask (Fingered crossed)..So gd luck

Guest kelasen

Rajne....god knows whens that gonna be updated. Usually they update it every fortnight COB Friday but looks like either they forgot to do or they are short staffed in IT as well. Even I tried to check this afternoon to see what's their update but....

Anyways good luck.