887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest MURALIGANESH

Hi everyone..,

I applied for 887 (currently on 475) on 2nd feb 2013, I did not hear anything back from dept yet...?, do any one know what is happening exactly..?

Because dept website says - with in 8 weeks, and its been already 8 weeks for me..

Thanks

Guest want_887
It's around 5-7 months now the wait!

Hi Mike

So that means you applied 7 months back? For me 15 weeks finished (3+ months). The time frame for the 887 is 6 months. Not sure why taking so much long time?

Guest duyhoang89
Hi Mike

So that means you applied 7 months back? For me 15 weeks finished (3+ months). The time frame for the 887 is 6 months. Not sure why taking so much long time?

DId you get 887 visa in recently?

Guest MURALIGANESH

Hi Rajne...

6 months is max time period., current processing

timing is with in 8 weeks as per immi website...

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

No idea what's happening., mine is already 9weeks.

I called immi dept last Friday, they said wait for one more week n call back. My application

Yet assigned to case officer...

6 Months is mentioned in the Immi Website .. Possibly when the first 887 hits the 6 months mark then they will start processing 887 visas ...

Ref : http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Lets all hope for the best .. .

Guest MURALIGANESH

Call immi dept on general enquiry number. 3 months means it already exceeded 8 weeks cuuent

processing time..

they r very friendly, they will tell u exact status...

Keep ur TRN number/ passport number handy..

Ler us know what they replied..

Mine is already 9 weeks, I called them last Friday..

They told me one more week n call back..

Guest Rajne

Hi Murali Ganesh..

Hummm... Good point .. The information seems to be very recent too ( 5 April 2013 )

I am going to call them and check too..

What happened to the topic starter "Sunnyside" visa status .. ? Any good news

Want_887 , brogs12 and bolo Any update guys ??

Guest brogs12

Hi,

No, we still haven't heard anything yet. I had seen on the immi website that it says 6 months, so I have been waiting patiently (it's now been 3 months or 12 weeks). Although looking at the link you posted, it is now 8 weeks and it states that all will received before Feb would have been assigned a case worker.

I will call them and update if I get any more information.

Guest brogs12

I have called them and we have been assigned a case worker!!

The case worker was only assigned on Friday, so now I just have to wait a couple of weeks for them to get through their work load. It seems they have had some structural changes so things have been delayed a bit.

So, a bit more waiting but hopefully they will be in contact soon. I will let you know!

Got the grant letter today. They started the processing .... Patient guys, everything will be alright.

Congrats! We applied in Jan so hopefully not a long wait for us!

Did you have to do medicals? If so is it a full medical or just a few tests? We have checked the cost of it incase we are asked to do one. It costs A$385 for an adult & A$285 for a child.

Waiting without any news is hard and frustrating but it's life. Hang in there everyone - our turn will come!

Guest Rajne
Got the grant letter today. They started the processing .... Patient guys, everything will be alright.

Congrats Want_887

Hopefully Everyone will get their Visas Soon ... :smile:

Edited by Rajne

Guest want_887
Congrats! We applied in Jan so hopefully not a long wait for us!

Did you have to do medicals? If so is it a full medical or just a few tests? We have checked the cost of it incase we are asked to do one. It costs A$385 for an adult & A$285 for a child.

Waiting without any news is hard and frustrating but it's life. Hang in there everyone - our turn will come!

We haven't took any risk. So went to full medicals.

Guest brogs12

Well done on getting the letter!

Were you asked to do medicals by your case worker as some people have said that they just needed a reference number and didn't need to actually do it? I also understand that you should wait until your case worker asks?

Guest MURALIGANESH

Hi brogs..,

To my knowledge Medical is not manditory for all. If you leave Australia after your initial entry, then only case officer will ask for medicals. if you continuously stayed in australia after your initial entry then they don't ask for medicals.

Better wait till case officer asks for medicals..,

All the best Guys.., Keep posting the updates..

Were you asked to do medicals by your case worker as some people have said that they just needed a reference number and didn't need to actually do it? I also understand that you should wait until your case worker asks?