887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

6 hours ago, Jose said:

Hi friends, I have two year stay and two year full time work experience in regional area. But the employer provided me a free accommodation just adjacent to the work place so I dint have any rental agreement.. My question is, as residence proof what documents I shall submit. I have a letter from the employer stating that I was working for him and staying at his place...Will it be enough?..

Jose

You have two options First whichever the state provide statutory declaration from your side stating that you lived in your employer provided address

Second get letter from your employer stating that they provided you accommodation

Merge both files and name the file as two years residency proof and clarification letter 

On top of this you may provide if you have utility bills on that address if not provide bank statement showing your transactions 

Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask you a question. As our 489 visa expired on 25th august 2018 amd now we are on bridging A Visa which states no work conditions. So can my husband, as a secondary applicant work in the metro region. Or we are still bound to stay in regional areas till the grant.

Thanks

On 8/24/2018 at 11:55 AM, Navdeep047 said:

Abbott in February advocated a target of 110,000 migrants a year, down from 190,000, prompting Morrison to say at the time: “If you cut the level of permanent immigration to Australia by 80,000, that would cost the budget, that would hit the bottom line, the deficit, by $4bn to $5bn over the next four years.

“If you did what Tony Abbott suggests, then you would only reduce the proportion that was skilled migration and you’d have a bigger proportion which was family migration – which ultimately gets more dependent on welfare.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jul/15/peter-dutton-contradicts-morrison-and-says-migrant-cut-positive-for-the-economy

From this article, i want to believe that Morrison would be fine as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask you a question. As our 489 visa expired on 25th august 2018 amd now we are on bridging A Visa which states no work conditions. So can my husband, as a secondary applicant work in the metro region. Or we are still bound to stay in regional areas till the grant.Thanks

Hi Navdeep, this question has been asked many times before and there is still no definitive answer. ?  Basically, the conditions attached to your initial visa 489 regarding work should be complied with while you are on the bridging visa. But it is confusing, because bridging visa has no conditions stated. 

I would advise (just a personal point of view) that you should still work regionally while on a bridging visa. Even if it is interstates, still work and live in regional area. And then move to metro once you get your PR. ? Safest way. 

Other guys on here may shed more light on this? ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jose said:

Hi friends, I have two year stay and two year full time work experience in regional area. But the employer provided me a free accommodation just adjacent to the work place so I dint have any rental agreement.. My question is, as residence proof what documents I shall submit. I have a letter from the employer stating that I was working for him and staying at his place...Will it be enough?..

Hi Jose,

Reading how COs are after so many documents, unfortunately the letter will not suffice. 

Go for Phone bills, Car registration if you have, bank statements, TOLL invoices, Any letter you received at this address. 

Regards,

Thuthi 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a feeling that those blank spaces in the excel are not the people who forgot to update but the people who got 887 rejected. 

Does anyone know more information on people who got rejected.

I think we are goin through the same information over an over again on this forum. Looking at rejected cases might give us a new knowledge. Just thought.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

There are only Four status:
Recived: Means nothing happened so far
Initial Assesment: Mean CO requested more docs
Further Assesment: When you submit docs
Fianlised! : Grant

We all are waiting for the last status i.e finalised

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Don Family said:

I applied on the 14th of Feb. Yeah mate. Their applications seemed to have processed faster..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal point of view:
Sometime if applications are straight and simple, CO might be thinking to complete them first..As its human nature to go for easy one first.. ? 

• Like 2