We've arrived - Mt Barker ???

Scozzie

Hello all,

We arrived here on Saturday and what a gorgeous day. Spent the Sunday at Aldinga Beach with the kids, fantastic beach and lovely place. We have a short term rental in Sheidow Park which is just great and the surrounding areas look really nice.

Anyway, I just have a question is anyone living in Mt Barker that could give us some advice on travelling times and what its like living in the area, etc. We are going for a good look around today or tomorrow and will be looking for a rental out there. My OH will be working in the CBD and will need to drive, so we just feel that living out here might prove a bit much?!

Any advice/info would be much appreciated :)

Gill & Jamie

Hello all,

We arrived here on Saturday and what a gorgeous day. Spent the Sunday at Aldinga Beach with the kids, fantastic beach and lovely place. We have a short term rental in Sheidow Park which is just great and the surrounding areas look really nice.

Anyway, I just have a question is anyone living in Mt Barker that could give us some advice on travelling times and what its like living in the area, etc. We are going for a good look around today or tomorrow and will be looking for a rental out there. My OH will be working in the CBD and will need to drive, so we just feel that living out here might prove a bit much?!

Any advice/info would be much appreciated :)

Gill & Jamie

Sorry cant help to much with the traveling times and what the area is like but welcome to the sunny side

Depends when you are travelling. As a general rule the freeway is very good. Used to take us about 30 mins to get into city. However at peak time I'd probably add on 15 mins for good measure.

Hi Gill

It takes approx 45min to travel between Mt Barker and Edwardstown for a 9am start (they were discussing it at work the other day!) - so it will take a little less to get to the CBD.

Julie