Timescale for visa being placed in passport?

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hiya,

Does anyone know, roughly, how long it takes from sending your passport away to having the visa placed in it? We still haven't done this yet..eeek. I guess it'll be the Glasgow office.

I've only just sent the kids passports away to get them new ones so that they don't have to carry two passports about with them and that the visa can be placed in their new ones..so still waiting on those coming back.

Hope it's not long :jiggy:

Thanks...Carol Ann

Guest LOOBYLOO

We had to send our passports to Australia House in London with a copy of the visa letter. We had to send it special delivery and enclose a pre paid self addressed special delivery envelope. The passports were back within 7 days. I hope this helps.

Guest rockpool crab
We had to send our passports to Australia House in London with a copy of the visa letter. We had to send it special delivery and enclose a pre paid self addressed special delivery envelope. The passports were back within 7 days. I hope this helps.

Jeezo..I'm such an eejit..of course it would be australia house. Great news though that it doesn't seem to take long. Gosh ..you'd think after getting the visa sent to my email I would have taken a bit more effort to read it..betchya it says Australia House in there....eeee..right..I'm off to read it now :-)

Thanks everyone for all the advice.

Carol Ann

Jeezo..I'm such an eejit..of course it would be australia house. Great news though that it doesn't seem to take long. Gosh ..you'd think after getting the visa sent to my email I would have taken a bit more effort to read it..betchya it says Australia House in there....eeee..right..I'm off to read it now :-)

Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann - I did exactly the same diidn't read the visa e-mail, just scanned the letter ! Then decided I didn't need to get a stamp in luckily I found out on this forum that you do need the stamp. I sent mine last Tuesday to Australia House and was back here on Friday, so super quick service. The post office give you a silver return envelope so you just complete your home address, it cost £10 to send it registered and it's then returned registered.

Jan

Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann,

ours was Australia House in London and we recieved it within the week.

OHHHHHH,,,, I think you're having another teranchelope moment!!!!;)

Hiya,

Does anyone know, roughly, how long it takes from sending your passport away to having the visa placed in it? We still haven't done this yet..eeek. I guess it'll be the Glasgow office.

I've only just sent the kids passports away to get them new ones so that they don't have to carry two passports about with them and that the visa can be placed in their new ones..so still waiting on those coming back.

Hope it's not long :jiggy:

Thanks...Carol Ann

hi Carol Ann, have you got a date yet for moving out.

\moira