Guest ReadyPenny

Meds are done Hooray!

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Just a quick update on progress. We have had our Meds done today and according to the doc - all is well for the 3 of us!! Just hope the Docs in Sydney agree with him!!

That's it now as far as the process is concerned, everything is done paperwork wise and all we can do is sit and WAIT WAIT AND WAIT some more!!!!

Mandy:jiggy:

Glad to hear all went well!

Now for some more of that waiting.

Going to book ours for December or January.

Did you use St John Street Manchester?

Rob

Guest ReadyPenny

Yes Rob

Dr Smith at Medmigration 11 St John Street - he was great.

Good luck for yours BAZ n DAF

Mandy

Guest BAZnDAF

Thanks,

hopefully everything will be ok, we both have high blood presure, but that seems to be under control, and we are a very small dose of medication for it. Probably work that raises my presure!

Well done Mandy, not long to go now :-)

Baz n Daf: Andrew had high blood pressure, white coat syndrome at the medical mainly. Had to do a couple more checks on his ticker, but we got through. The medicals were quite straight forward, so all the best with them.

Guest Tracey

Hi, really pleased for you and all went ok. Can i ask where you went for your medical and how much it cost. that is our next step when we get case officer. It seemed like an ok place to go, espcially if they indicated that your meds were ok.

there is too much waiting.

All the best trace

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Tracey

We went to Manchester but surely there must be somewhere nearer for you? Total cost was £595 for

2 adult medicals

Guest ReadyPenny

Dont know what happened there!

2 adult medicals £115.00 each

1 child medical £ 55.00

2 chest xrays £ 70.00 each

2 HIV bloods £29.00 each

1 HEP B test £35.00

1 HEP C test £35.00

DHL Courier £14.00 each x 3

Hope this helps

Mandy

Guest Tracey

Hiya, yes there probably is but not checked them out yet, just wandered as you appeared happy with the ones you went with.

cheers trace

Guest Tracey

Thanks for the breakdown Mandy, its good to get an idea of how much things cost.

Trace

Guest Tracey

Thanks Rob, much appreciated. Are they the only ones that you can go to?

Trace

Guest BAZnDAF
    Thanks Rob, much appreciated. Are they the only ones that you can go to?

Trace

Yep, Which is a license to print money!

Booked our meds today.

Going on 19 December 2008 at St John Street Manchester.

Do they give you results there and then?

Will keep you informed.

Cheers Rob and Mel.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Rob and Mel

Good Luck! Sure you wont need it though. Dr Smith tells you there and then if all is well or if there are any problems. However you dont get the final "all clear" until the panel doctors in Sydney have reviewed them.

Dont forget to wear your best undies both of you, you have to strip down to them and do the old coughing business with the Docs hands down your pants!!!!!

Mandy

Guest Tracey

Hiya, i feel a little worried now. What did he check you for 'in your undies?' I hope they all tell you if all is ok though, it would stop the panic so much. If they don't, it may be worth a trip to Manchester!

Trace

Guest BAZnDAF
    Hiya, i feel a little worried now. What did he check you for 'in your undies?' I hope they all tell you if all is ok though, it would stop the panic so much. If they don't, it may be worth a trip to Manchester!

Trace

Don't think he's checking for anything, I think its just a perk of the job! :biglaugh:

Good luck with the meds

Guest ReadyPenny

I think the coughing thing is to check for Hernias, possibly a perk he he he!!!! Not so much of a perk putting his hands down Seans trolleys though LOL!

Dont worry Tracey it was literally 2 seconds each side, it was not a touchy feely thing at all, just tookus a bit by surprise :)

Guest BAZnDAF

Yes I think it is to check for hernias.

Not really heard of any horror stories regarding the meds, so I for one am not worried at all, I haven't heard of anyone not getting a visa due to medical problems.

Guest steve
    Hi Guys

Just a quick update on progress. We have had our Meds done today and according to the doc - all is well for the 3 of us!! Just hope the Docs in Sydney agree with him!!

That's it now as far as the process is concerned, everything is done paperwork wise and all we can do is sit and WAIT WAIT AND WAIT some more!!!!

Mandy:jiggy:

Hi Mandy and family

We are from Farnworth Bolton not too far from you. We have our medicals on Tuesday 11th november at St John Street Manchester with Dr Million. We are going to Australia on a 475 visa. We sent application form in January 2008 so once we've had our medicals and sent police checks off as well we will be waiting again too. I am a bit nervous about medicals don't know why but i'm sure we will be okay.

Good luck for the future.

Lorraine Steve Lynsey and Reece

Bolton Gtr Manchester

Guest Tracey
    I think the coughing thing is to check for Hernias, possibly a perk he he he!!!! Not so much of a perk putting his hands down Seans trolleys though LOL!

Dont worry Tracey it was literally 2 seconds each side, it was not a touchy feely thing at all, just tookus a bit by surprise :)

Thanks Mandy, I will try not to worry ha ha , its just that i have too much time on my hands, waiting... and waiting, you understand. We only applied for the visa on 22nd September and it seems like ages.

Really pleased your meds went well.

keep us posted trace

Guest Tracey
    Hi Mandy and family

We are from Farnworth Bolton not too far from you. We have our medicals on Tuesday 11th november at St John Street Manchester with Dr Million. We are going to Australia on a 475 visa. We sent application form in January 2008 so once we've had our medicals and sent police checks off as well we will be waiting again too. I am a bit nervous about medicals don't know why but i'm sure we will be okay.

Good luck for the future.

Lorraine Steve Lynsey and Reece

Bolton Gtr Manchester

How did the medicals go? Hope all was well for you. Good luck with getting your visa soon.

All the best Trace

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi All

Meds were fine - no probs at all, In and out in 1.5hrs for the three of us. Chest xray took about 30 seconds and I felt ripped off cos they were £70 each!!!! They have been sent to Sydney now so more WAITING............

Will let you know when they are back

Mandy