Guest tooeasy

shark

Guest tooeasy

hey all we were on moana beach just by the surf club when the helicopter went over and the kids were in the sea body boarding and the lifegaurds went out and told everyone to get out the water as there had been a shark spotted close in :shocked:

so eveyone got out the water we didnt see it but they said the helicopter had spotted it

:)

Guest motlyman

Cricky we were there at about 4pm on the kayak.:shocked:

What time was this?

Colin

Guest cazzie
    hey all we were on moana beach just by the surf club when the helicopter went over and the kids were in the sea body boarding and the lifegaurds went out and told everyone to get out the water as there had been a shark spotted close in :shocked:

so eveyone got out the water we didnt see it but they said the helicopter had spotted it

:)

Hi,

The Adelaide Now paper has mentioned shark sightings for the past few weeks now - it (or maybe 'they') have been spotted around Glenelg, Henley and West Beach, so we have been warned. It won't put me off swimming or kayaking though - nothing like living on the edge!

I would stick very close to the shore but even then, it isn't totally safe. Probably safer than driving in Adelaide mind you as the odds of being killed in a car crash must be far higher than a shark attack.

;)

Guest Mezza

There's a ban on snapper fishing due to their breeding cycle, and the sharks love snapper. This means that as there's increased numbers of snapper about, there are likely to be more sharks in "metropolitan waters".

You're unlikely to get caught by one paddling in the shallows of Moana, and the shark patrols now give plenty of warning if there's "one in the area". But they are out there - somewhere:jimlad: Swim between the flags on patrolled beaches and away from jettys, rocks and fishermen (with their bait) and you'll increase your chances of survival:)

One of the first times I was out on my kayak, I near kacked me dacks when I saw a huge shadow in the water near me as I was about 200m out. It took me a while to work out that it was following me becuase it was in fact the shadow of the kayak on the sea bed:biglaugh:

One of the first times I was out on my kayak, I near kacked me dacks when I saw a huge shadow in the water near me as I was about 200m out. It took me a while to work out that it was following me becuase it was in fact the shadow of the kayak on the sea bed:biglaugh:

:biglaugh: Sorry heaps funny...........

Guest guest569

I bet there was a slick in the top of the water aswell !!!:biglaugh:

Sharks?? Paul, staffords, told me there wern't any........the crocs ate em all.:shocked:

Just you wait matey; carol singing starts early this year:biglaugh:

Whats Dacks???