andy and lindsey

Recommendations - Campsites

Hi there

Can anyone recommend campsites that are suitable for a group of friends to go (all with young children), that are clean, friendly and have good facilities. Have recently been to Port Elliot and Middlestown, would like to try a little further afield - could recommend and thoroughly enjoyed both, but thought I would ask all you knowledgable folk for some more suggestions. Have no desire to go bush - powered site, toilet, shower and plug for hairdryer a must:)(each to their own!)

Fire away - eagerly awaiting your suggestions

Lindsey

Guest Guest75

It's not much further but how about Rapid Bay below Myponga???

It really does feel out of the way there and a good few years back in time.

Campsite right on the beach....here ya go...........

http://www.rapidbayretreats.com.au/camping.htm

Good fishing down there ,they are improving the jetty at the moment:)

Guest familygood

Hello

When we were over in SA we stayed at West Beach which was really nice and great facilities. I dont know if thats here you want to be though. Its got good bus connections with the city/beaches if you dont fancy driving. And right by the beach as the name suggests! We stayed in a powered camper site and found it very good. I seem to remember some really good facilities for kids too - though we must have stayed at 100 compsites in 6 months throughout Oz so hard to remember the details!

Just been to the Blue Lake Holiday Park in Mount Gambier - our first time camping and I was impressed by the facilities (even though I forgot half our stuff to camp comfortably!), great camp kitchen,pool, right at the edge of the Blue Lake .

It is about 5½ hours drive away.

Guest Tina P

Hi,

Wow ! 5 1/2 hrs drive is a long way, Molly was asking 'are there yet' after 30 mins on the road to Middleton.

How did you manage ?

It was our first time also camping at the weekend and we really enjoyed it, a site with a pool sounds good though.

The question "are we at Mount Gambier yet?" was asked in several different ways, but only about 100 times!! LOL. They were ok really. On the way back it took about 7 hours, as we had to keep stopping for the crying baby!

Guest sunchaser

hiya we stayed a week in west beach and the same in moana,west beach was fab for kids although a little pricey as we arrived during school hols,moana is much smaller and much more basic(small games room)also cheaper but prob the best beach yet,the owner was a bit grumpy though.we now live in christies beach which also has caravan park/camping havent been there but christies town/beach are awesome.regards matt:jiggy:

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

We went camping at Second Valley 2 weekends ago and that was great for kids.

They had the playground and the beach was a 2 min walk away - we also got to

see dolphins (again!!!) whilst down there.

The pitch was $26 per night which I thought was pretty resonable. Obviously had showers (free), bbq and picnic area(free) and a lovely little shop wher the oweners were really helpful.

Its inbetween Cape Jarvis and Yankillia only just over an hour from Woodcroft - the scenery down there is lovely!

http://www.secondvalleycaravanpark.com/

Hope this helps