Arrested for affair.

Guest cjdelphi

Guest Libby1971

Sorry to disappoint but I am not in the least bit ashamed of myself and I don't think anyone of us has the right to judge anyone else. You cetainly have no right to condemn me for not sharing your beliefs or morals etc.

He did what he thought was right. I've told my OH that if he ever does the dirty on me, I'll leave and take the kids with me. I will not support someone else playing mother to my children. I don't care if that makes me wrong or right, but it is the way I feel and if that bloke felt the same, fair play.

Libby, i dont think you have anything to be ashamed of...........................in fact i applaud your argument.

Look, the whole story centres on the fact that another state has a BRITISH subject in custody for breaking the law of that state..............................typical daily mail xenophobic vitriolic BS.

To counter the banality of their report, the rag gives her marital history...........married to another man when she met estranged husband............now has a lover that SHE paid for to go to Dubai...................giving evidence to her moral laxity. BUT, shes a BRIT and therefor above such archaic rulings(?)

We should be grateful we are in loving monogamous relationships, and for the time being, not considering an affair d'amour...................and for that matter desperate and sad and wealthy enough to fund such actions!!!!!!!!!

Guest Trakki

I think everyone on here has thought about the children but did she when she was breaking the law? Probably not! They still arewith their father, even if he did dob his wife in he may be a very good and loving father. She obviously had no regard for the children when she was spending money (that could have been spent on her children) flying her lover over to dubai to break the law. I don't really understand your moral high ground on this. Do you have children? I have 4 (nearly 5) and would never knowingly do anything that would take me away from them. So in my eyes (and it is only my opinion asa mum) she knew she was breaking the law and could get 'put away' for it yet she is the one, (and she is all grown up and able to make decisions) that chose that course for her life. Yes I feel sorry for the children but its her fault and she should have known better.

Guest kangomik

Just shows you can take the slapper out of the country but not the slapper out of..... well the slapper.

Delphi, your bolt hole is closed, i like they way you thought of the kids.......... i only wish she thought as hard.

No sympathy in the this thread.

+1000 Kango,

She obviously had her children in her thoughts while she was getting.........well yeah.

And despite what everyone has said to you about this BEING THE LAW OF THE STATE!!!! You still harp on about it being unfair??

She KNEW the LAW and she BROKE the LAW!!!! End of. No sympathy. If she wanted to be treated like a brit, the she should have gone back to Britain, daft mare.

Guest cazzie

While I agree that the woman should have obeyed the law there (she must have been mad!), I think that her husband has taken it too far. I wonder if he regrets it now? Of course he will be spitting mad (hell hath no fury like a man scorned?), but I wonder if he was the perfect husband? The story says that their divorce had not come through yet, so they were clearly separated and divorcing anyway.

At the end of the day, two young girls have been deprived of their mother, because of the father's severe reaction. I wonder what his daughters will think of his actions (and their mother's) later on? A very sad situation all round...

Guest BAZnDAF
So where does the madness stop? let's suppose a woman is having an affair in the UK and decides to go on holiday while on holiday the police find out she had an affair in the UK?... then what? she then going to be arrested?

The police in Dubai would not care about that, as the offence was not commited in their country.

Guest Django

Hmmmmmm

I wonder where the kids will be better off? With their father that knows how to obey the law or with their mother that doesn't or doesn't care about law and order?? Tricky one that isn't it???:unsure:

Hmmmmmm

I wonder where the kids will be better off? With their father that knows how to obey the law or with their mother that doesn't or doesn't care about law and order?? Tricky one that isn't it???:unsure:

hmm nothing like stirring the pot is there?

Whose anyone to say whose the better parent? Maybe you should walk a mile in their shoes before you make that choice!!

Personally i think he did it to get custody of the children. Nice bloke all in all sounds proper salt of the earth lol:o (bit bitter and twisted to do that is your already seperated though)

Guest cazzie
Hmmmmmm

Hi Pete,

It is a tricky one but we don't know what he was like as a husband and how do we know whether he has obeyed the law in all respects? Maybe he was a very controlling person in the marriage. No-one is perfect. I just wonder what the kids will make of it and I feel that his actions will come back to haunt him one day - when his children realise that he ensured their mother was jailed.

Guest seayork2002

Maybe she should have thought of her kids before she had the affair.

Now i've calmed down a bit a British woman has been arrested for having an affair :chatterbox:

article-1187573-0516E21F000005DC-228_233x423.jpg

[/b]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1187573/British-woman-arrested-adultery-Dubai-husband-informed-police-affair.html

The husband is wrong he should have dealt with this differently ok i understand he's mad and upset but putting your children's mother in prison is just wrong....

Guest fluffy1984

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/04/27/british-mum-convicted-of-adultery-in-dubai-freed-115875-21312631/

Her husband is infact Egyptian not english. She is a friend of one of my Mum's friends. Nice Lady. Things like this happen everyday. Christ i've had it happen to me, but sometimes we make mistakes. Her kids are her priority but sometimes we can be selfish for a split second. Who knows her husband may have driven her to have an affair?? I hope all works out for the best for all of them!! :)

Guest seayork2002

Unless her husband held a gun to her head she must have chosen herself to have the affair, I am not sure how a husband (or wife) could drive someone to have an affair, why not leave your spouse before sleeping with some one else, If people had more self control they wouldn't get into the messes they do.:). She did it herself (well not all of it !!!)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/04/27/british-mum-convicted-of-adultery-in-dubai-freed-115875-21312631/

Her husband is infact Egyptian not english. She is a friend of one of my Mum's friends. Nice Lady. Things like this happen everyday. Christ i've had it happen to me, but sometimes we make mistakes. Her kids are her priority but sometimes we can be selfish for a split second. Who knows her husband may have driven her to have an affair?? I hope all works out for the best for all of them!! :)

Guest kangomik

it must not be worth commenting on as my mothers aunty's uncles other brothers sister does not know this woman.

Driven to have an affair, does that mean they don't get half in the divorce?

Nice Lady?:nah:............... look, the woman has commited a crime, according to the law of Dubai.

The husband is a British Citizen, his ethnicity may well be Egyptian, but he met her when she was married to someone else.........................so clearly his moral code only applies to to his being wronged; hypocrite.

The spineless lover has denied any adultery, maybe he was just checking the (expensive) hotel room for spiders!!!!:wacko:

:idea:lets all just get over this story, pleeeease.