Adelaide Bus Drivers - disgusted!

lorluc

Yesterday my 14 year old daughter and her friends hailed a bus at the colonnades interchange, after spending the afternoon at the beach.

The bus stopped, opened its doors and my daughter asked if the bus was going to woodcroft. It was the normal service that goes there. The driver said yes...but you're not getting on and shut the doors on her hand and drove off!!!

Luckily it just caught her finger and her hand is okay....they had to wait ages for another bus, finally getting home well over an hour later than they should be.

I'm disgusted with the behaviour of this bus driver and have filed a complaint with adelaide metro...

My daughter has just recently started to use buses to get about, after alot of encouragement from me...think its good for her independance etc....but surely this kind of behaviour by a bus driver is out of order??

Thats terrible! You know buses have camera's here to protect the driver (or in this case obviously the passengers!). If it comes to his word against hers, ask to see the footage.

Judi x

Yesterday my 14 year old daughter and her friends hailed a bus at the colonnades interchange, after spending the afternoon at the beach.

The bus stopped, opened its doors and my daughter asked if the bus was going to woodcroft. It was the normal service that goes there. The driver said yes...but you're not getting on and shut the doors on her hand and drove off!!!

Luckily it just caught her finger and her hand is okay....they had to wait ages for another bus, finally getting home well over an hour later than they should be.

I'm disgusted with the behaviour of this bus driver and have filed a complaint with adelaide metro...

My daughter has just recently started to use buses to get about, after alot of encouragement from me...think its good for her independance etc....but surely this kind of behaviour by a bus driver is out of order??

That's awful, she is feeling ok.

We got a bus from Woodcroft on our second day and it would appear that we we're talking ancient Greek as the driver completely ignored our simple question.

Report the driver, very bad when it's a child and let us know how you get on.

Cooler

Guest moonraker1959

Yes thats disgusting behaviour.If you know which bus company it was,and your daughter obviously knows which time the bus was,they should'nt have a problem figuring out who the crap driver was.There is no excuse for behaviour like that!I hope he gets fired!:mad:(Hope your daughter is ok)

Guest k8bug79

Thats disgusting, I know its not the same as it was in London. But I complained about a driver that refused to let me get on the bus with my premature 3 month old daughter it was November and it was freezing she was only about 6lbs and becasue my pram wouldn't fit down the gangway from the front (they are designed to enter frm the rear on those buses but he wouldn't allow me to get on the back door) he chucked me off. I was humilliated a whole load of bus passengers staring at me and I just burst into tears. I had to wait in the cold for an hour for another bus that was the right design to get on (a lot of buses on that route were the older style you couldn't get a pram onto becasue of the steps) The company were great they found the driver from the bus time and I had the number plates, I never knew exactly what happened to him, I hoped he was fired but I doubt he was. They were very apologetic but I must admit I would have wanted some sort of compensation.

I hope your daughter isn't put off by this awfuyl man, did she have any idea as to why he wouldn't let her on (not that there is an excuse for the behaviour)

My daughter was on a bus going down Anzac Highway recently when it made a sudden lane change and a very elderly lady was thrown off her seat and cut her head badly ........... despite pleas from daughter and other passengers the driver would not stop straight away, so they could help the lady up and attend to her cuts, but made them wait till the next scheduled stop. How inhumane is that?

Yes my daughter reported him, but no idea what happened after that. Daughter was quite distressed but she says the behaviour of the bus drivers is generally on the bad side, whether it be their driving competence or their behaviour with their paying passengers. She catches the bus to and from work every day from Kurralta Park to North Terrace and tells me the driving skills are practically non existent with her morning bus cutting up cars and jumping red lights and speeding on a daily basis.

Perhaps all the bus drivers should be required to take skills tests to prove their competency, be instructed on good customer service, and renew their licences yearly.

PS might be round to see you later Lozza! Put the kettle on.

I am really shocked by that drivers behaviour. I sometimes catch the 265(Glenelg to city) and have been really impressed by the helpfulness of the drivers who always wait if they see someone running for the bus (not like in the UK) and once when I came out of my house late, stopped for me when I tentatively stuck out my hand even though I was nowhere near the bus stop.

I also regularly cycle up Anzac Highway and only once has a bus got slightly too close to me - not like the cars who do not appear to see me at all.

Make sure you follow it up with the bus company, they wont want a minority of drivers giving them a bad name when a lot of them (in my experience) are so good.

Hope your daughter is ok now

Catherine

Guest cornish Busdriver

This is interesting as being a bus driver here for a dfiffernt company though.

Why did the driver say you're not getting on and shut the doors, there must have been a reason.

What ever happend will come out when the camera gets downloaded and if the driver has screwed up then metro will come down hard on them.

Guest SA Great
This is interesting as being a bus driver here for a dfiffernt company though.

Why did the driver say you're not getting on and shut the doors, there must have been a reason.

What ever happend will come out when the camera gets downloaded and if the driver has screwed up then metro will come down hard on them.

Thats what I was thinking, there MUST be a reason!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Yeah !!!!

Why would a driver risk there accreditation.

If they lose it, its almost imposible to get back so does sound very suss to me.

I hope people remember that the camara's also record sound as well as vision

• 2 weeks later...