Response to 'Searching Bags' thread

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Hi there guys,

I just wanna take this opportunity to respond the closed thread on the above thread heading and also the couple who requested to have their profile deleted.

I love to debate with people in a civilised manner and bounce off other peoples opinions, so what started out as a question about the method of bag searching here in Australia turning into a little shall we say a little civil war? To me it didn't look like a huge ding dong between the parties involved however I guess peoples feelings were hurt and that's not the way it should go down in here. We're all in the same boat. All trying to adjust to a new way of life, we should all help each other. I could sense the thread was going off topic slightly hence why I put on silly post replies toward the end to try and lighten the mood a little but obviously that didn't work.

I don't think I offended anyone with 'my' own posts however I want to apologise to anyone reading them if I did. I was simply giving my opinions in a non-accusing (specifically) non aggressive way. The hardest thing to deal with on here or any forum is knowing how to read people. Especially if you've never met them. Sometime when people leave posts.. is it sarcasm? is it a joke? or is it just plain rude and aggressive? I have the same problem with txt messages...sometimes we mis-understand what was written and it is taken the wrong way.

I don't believe there is anyone on here thats truly like that. I think if we all met each other we'd see that we're all civilised all trying to adapt to everything new.

To the couple who left who are maybe reading this as guests...

I'm sorry that you felt like you had to go, I can see from the thread which posters upset you the most but even though I wasn't directly involved I just want to apologise if any of 'my' posts upset you and compounded this. This was not my intention.

Anyway, I will make sure that in future if I see any thread/post bashing going on, I'll steer clear and not try to lighten the mood by being an imbecile! :idea:

We're all fellow adopted Adelaidians now. Let stick together not like those melbournions...haha..

okay now I'm joking! :jiggy:

Guest graandjac

I missed it aswell;), sorry if anyone felt the need to leave the site, looking back at it (and i got a good bashing) i dont feel it got out of hand to be honest, as we are all big and ugly enough (well i am:p) to have a good debate. And as most people who know me i hope would agree i an't that nasty just say it as i see it or a bit oponionated maybe....?!. So i look forward to having a beer with whoever was involved .....because thats the sought of bloke iam.

Every thread is ending the same on here because the 'lovers' hate Adelaide being bashed and 'haters' love bashing everything and some ppl just have a chip on their shoulder.

We need a Debate area opened so ppl who wanna piss ppl off can go and be childish in there....

Dan

does that include yourself lol:biglaugh: (puts on fireproof jacket )

Guest Jamie&Carrie

without opening up new wounds....

in a nutshell the OP stated that they felt insulted to be asked by staff at certain stores to open their bags for them to be checked and there have been situations were they flat out refused and they wanted to know what people thought.

I gave my opinion that this is a different country to the UK and if everyone else has to do it then so should we with respect an all.

Some other posters also stated they didn't have a real problem with it and said its something you have to get used to also and deal with it. It's possible it got personal with certain other posters although I think alot of it was tongue in cheek. As I said I'm not pointing fingers at anyone on here, but it wasn't a really big ding dong between the people involved so I was surprised when I heard OP wanted to leave PIA.

I have seen much bigger spats on BE where peeps have gotten REAL personal.

I think it gets the backs up on some when people want to voice their opinion on certain things that are done here in Aussie and it seems like their whinging(?)

But hey thats their opinion, its a forum after all and regardless of if its valid or not you have to respect it. Like I said I voiced mine as I had every right but I ultimately respected the other peoples posts.

Guest guest569
without opening up new wounds....

in a nutshell the OP stated that they felt insulted to be asked by staff at certain stores to open their bags for them to be checked and there have been situations were they flat out refused and they wanted to know what people thought.

I gave my opinion that this is a different country to the UK and if everyone else has to do it then so should we with respect an all.

Some other posters also stated they didn't have a real problem with it and said its something you have to get used to also and deal with it. It's possible it got personal with certain other posters although I think alot of it was tongue in cheek. As I said I'm not pointing fingers at anyone on here, but it wasn't a really big ding dong between the people involved so I was surprised when I heard OP wanted to leave PIA.

I have seen much bigger spats on BE where peeps have gotten REAL personal.

I think it gets the backs up on some when people want to voice their opinion on certain things that are done here in Aussie and it seems like their whinging(?)

But hey thats their opinion, its a forum after all and regardless of if its valid or not you have to respect it. Like I said I voiced mine as I had every right but I ultimately respected the other peoples posts.

I completely agree. After all we have ALL been through i would have thought we were all stronger than spitting the dummy after one little spat !!!:D

Its a public forum, if you decide to post something, dont expect everybody to have the same opinion as you.............and BTW, I didnt think there was anything too excessive in the whole thread.

Its a public forum, if you decide to post something, dont expect everybody to have the same opinion as you.............and BTW, I didnt think there was anything too excessive in the whole thread.

Smit please read my other post. It very rarely happens, however when required I do delete threads as and when required / requested (This can be at users request, spam, undesirable or offensive etc etc). It is not heavy handedness or censorship it is just good moderation. You have been a member of the forum long enough to know that this would be an uncommon event. :):jimlad:

TIm

Guest Jamie&Carrie

I totally agree smit. But I still felt bad that these guys had to leave PIA over something that was still reasonably healthy. However when people start telling others to 'take a chill pill' I can see how it 'could' escalate out of control.

This comment was actually by the OP I believe and I think it was because they assumed the poster involved was being personal maybe? To me they were just putting an exclaimation on their point. Which is totally valid, I don't think they were accusing the OP of being a whinger per se.

Like I said, its the old mis-understood posts that i spoke of. We're all intelligent but how many times have we written something, know what we wanna say but send out the wrong signals? I'm no master of english (only got a C in GCSE!) so I can totally understand how it could happen.

Guest Jamie&Carrie

I think to conclude..

I would like the OP (greg and karen?) to come back to PIA. I don't like it when anyone is upset by other peoples posts regardless of content.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

If you start a thread with an opinion then you MUST expect to get someone elses too! If you cant stand the heat then dont post an opinion!!!

As for that thread, didnt notice too much picking just different opinions.

There are those that love it here and hate to see it slagged of in any way. Whats wrong with that?? It works both ways.

I imagine the original posters are very non confrontational (sp big word for this time of day!) which is why they feel the need to leave after a very small spat.

The trouble I always say is the typed word does not come across as well as the words spoken face to face!. My wise words for the day!

I imagine the original posters are very non confrontational (sp big word for this time of day!) which is why they feel the need to leave after a very small spat.

The trouble I always say is the typed word does not come across as well as the words spoken face to face!. My wise words for the day!

Long words and wise words all in one post Sarah:shocked:

Best you go and lie down for the rest of the day. :P You'e peaked far too early:biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Fancy a Beer

Perhaps rather than everyone surmising why someone has left the site they should just leave the situation and respect their decision.

Many comments on this thread are totally untrue, maybe in a couple of weeks when the schools go back these situations will return to the playground?? :skeptical: