Adelaide Cup - dress code??

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Just wondering if there is a dress code for the Adelaide Cup.

Not that clear on the South Aus Jockey Club site. It does state smart dress for memebrs enclosure but what about us commoners???:cute:

I've checked this out for you Russell, ladies are required to wear smart dresses - new and expensive preferably. Men are required to wear garish Hawaiin shirts, budgie smugglers, socks and thongs. Knotted hankie worn on the head is optional (thank goodness, or you'd look pretty strange eh?) Do please post photos for us all! Have fun!!

Guest Jo&Phil

I think it's a great opportunity to dress up ............ there are often few of these in eqalitarian, relaxed Australia! If you dress up.. you can dress down (ie: remove ties/jackets etc) but it's hard to smarten up shorts and thongs .......though I'm obviously convinced that Leigh (see previous post) would look perfectly lovely attired in these!

Guest Guest5035
flannelette shirt (preferably arms cut off), singlet, stubbies and thongs, mullet and own 'west end' stubby holder optional

the dress code for wanabee queenslanders...:wink:

stevo

Guest Guest75
Thanks for clearing it up!! Glad I don't have to dust off the old dinner jacket. Plus it doesn't really go with my thongs, and I can't be bothered to go and buy another pair.

No worries.

Looks like the ladies in our "gang" are now plotting to go dressed up in posh frocks. Looks like us blokes might have to smarten up a bit then!!