Guest Guest75

Adelaide Cup - dress code??

Guest Guest75

Just wondering if there is a dress code for the Adelaide Cup.

Not that clear on the South Aus Jockey Club site. It does state smart dress for memebrs enclosure but what about us commoners???:cute:

I'll be going in normal shorts and t-shirt/shirt so good job someone posted about it in case there is.

I don't know but interested.

I've checked this out for you Russell, ladies are required to wear smart dresses - new and expensive preferably. Men are required to wear garish Hawaiin shirts, budgie smugglers, socks and thongs. Knotted hankie worn on the head is optional (thank goodness, or you'd look pretty strange eh?) Do please post photos for us all! Have fun!!

If your just in general admission....there isn't much of dress code part from casual wear. However most ppl seem dress up a little.... trousers/shirts for the men and lots of women in dresses etc.

Guest Jo&Phil

I think it's a great opportunity to dress up ............ there are often few of these in eqalitarian, relaxed Australia! If you dress up.. you can dress down (ie: remove ties/jackets etc) but it's hard to smarten up shorts and thongs .......though I'm obviously convinced that Leigh (see previous post) would look perfectly lovely attired in these!

Guest Tterrier81

flannelette shirt (preferably arms cut off), singlet, stubbies and thongs, mullet and own 'west end' stubby holder optional

Guest Guest5035
    flannelette shirt (preferably arms cut off), singlet, stubbies and thongs, mullet and own 'west end' stubby holder optional

the dress code for wanabee queenslanders...:wink:

stevo

I've been nearly every year and I've never seen anyone in Thongs and boardies. Don't even remember any blokes in shorts, I've not been anywhere posh either, usually get tickets for the garden party.

It's a good excuse to dress up and lots of people do.

That's handy then, T......Tterrier81 has just described your usual look.

(How does the classsy Mrs T. bear it?!)

Mwah,

LC

Guest Tterrier81
    the dress code for wanabee queenslanders...:wink:

stevo

haha close mate but swap it for a xxxx stubby holder

Guest Guest5035
    haha close mate but swap it for a xxxx stubby holder

They put XXXX on the label as they can't put the word sh*t on:jiggy:

stevo

Guest Guest75

I called the Jockey Club and general admission is - general clothing. Anything goes............

Thanks for clearing it up!! Glad I don't have to dust off the old dinner jacket. Plus it doesn't really go with my thongs, and I can't be bothered to go and buy another pair.

Guest Guest75
    Thanks for clearing it up!! Glad I don't have to dust off the old dinner jacket. Plus it doesn't really go with my thongs, and I can't be bothered to go and buy another pair.

No worries.

Looks like the ladies in our "gang" are now plotting to go dressed up in posh frocks. Looks like us blokes might have to smarten up a bit then!!

Guest Guest75

Well worth going, won $816 on one nag,total suprise!!!:biggrin:12032012797.jpg