Deep Pan Pizza Base ????

Cherrypecker

Hi all,

Having found pizzas in Oz to be slightly 'different' to our regular standard of pizza in the UK, we have embarked upon making our own. However, we cannot find any 'deep pan' bases, only the thin crispy things.

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy some deep pan pizza bases ? I know it is a bizarre question, but I thought no harm in asking.

Cheers

Paul

Hi all,

Having found pizzas in Oz to be slightly 'different' to our regular standard of pizza in the UK, we have embarked upon making our own. However, we cannot find any 'deep pan' bases, only the thin crispy things.

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy some deep pan pizza bases ? I know it is a bizarre question, but I thought no harm in asking.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

If you can't find deep pans then there is another way. after making the dough and letting it sit in room temperature for about two hours, covered (the dough should at least become twice in size) then refrigerate it for thirty minutes. Take it out make dough balls (200-250 grams) and let it be for another 15 minutes. In the mean time heat the oven. Spread the dough ball on the pan, add the sauce and the ingredients and put it in the oven. After about 10-15 minutes of cooking you should have a deep pan pizza (without having to use a deep pan base):wink:

I hope this has been useful. Let me know how it goes if you ever try this.

Cheers:smile:

Ali

Making your own Pizza's rock. Try getting 00 grade flour for base and semolina flour to use for dusting when rolling( shaping) dough for authentic taste. There's a few videos on YouTube that show you how to through the dough which kids will love to try. Happy baking.

I have some pizza pans made by "steel pan" which I bought in a shop in Magill, and can try and tell you where it was. I don't really know what a "deep pan" is but I suspect even though I like the pizza base to be fairly thin, because the edges are quite high you could also do deep pan in those.

Thanks for your replies. I guess I will have to break the habit of a lifetime where food is concerned, and actually make something from scratch.

Cheers

Paul

In for a penny etc.., at least this way you could stuff the crust while your at it, or add extra herbs,seasonings to the base also, I am sure your going to be ok, have fun :)