Recommendations for pet insurance!!!!

stringfellows

• 5 months later...

hi, just come across your post as was browsing for advice on our own health insurance!! I am a UK veterinary nurse and been here since december, we were discussing pet insurance at work and i would recommend pet plan - simply because after browsing the veterinary index for insurance, it seems that pet plan are the only company i could find that offer a "lifetime cover" - this means that if you submit a claim for example your cats eye ulcer, next time you come to renew your policy, that particular condition should not be excluded!...no other pet insurance companies i found offered this....alot of them will exclude conditions that you have previously claimed for. i hope this makes sense!

i would recommend pet plan - simply because after browsing the veterinary index for insurance, it seems that pet plan are the only company i could find that offer a "lifetime cover" !

That sounds brilliant! I wonder if that applies to old policies with them? We took out our first policy with them some 5 1/2 years ago - just a couple of months AFTER our precious pup had surgery for luxating patellas. We were told then that they would not cover anything connected with the surgery or even arthritis (in later years) in the affected limbs.

So if that is no longer the case because we've renewed, that would be awesome!! In fact, I'm now pretty excited!

Aside from that, maybe the OP would like to pm SDUFFY as she has used her pet insurance policy quite comprehensively, unfortunately. I think it's all been good except that there have been delays in getting her money refunded? Could be wrong but if she doesn't see this thread it might be useful to check with her.

Thanks, KathC. :notworthy: I so hope my PP will be fully covered now.

LC

We use the Insuranceline Petplan and they usually take 3-4 weeks to process claims.We have been with them for about 7 yrs and they advised me that our dog will be covered for his lifetime.We pay about 47 dollars per month which is cheap in comparison to the thousands each yr we have spent on pet fees etc.

Sue