Internet and line line packages - Which provider do I use??

Guest deardos

Guest deardos

Hi guys just got my first rental and sorting out the boring stuff. What is the best and cheapest internet and landline provider in Oz for wireless. Do just buy an ASD?? line in and buy a router ??

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Guest Ross Dymond

Many use Telstra, but as with any company they have there critics. Optus is another biggish one, and also iiNet. Google them all and you can compare prices. Beware of some packages having high setup fees, NEVER pay for setup, you can always find someone who will do that for free. Don't pay for a router either.

Its weird as Telstra said we couldn't have ADSL or Cable Internet, yet Optus gave us the choice of both. That's in southern suburbs. It's weird how far behind the UK they are with infrastructure. Although i guess less people and larger distances etc.

Hi there, we have Telsta broadband, tv and phone with a t-box (which enables us to record program's, a bit like Sky+ but not quite as good) for about $110 a month. We've never had any problems with them and have moved house (actually, states) while we've been with them and they had us hooked back up in no time. As Ross said, I got them to give us the Router and the set up for free, I got the impression they expect that but will try charge for it if they get the chance! Telsta are the BT of Australia and Optus are their closest competitor.

Hi guys just got my first rental and sorting out the boring stuff. What is the best and cheapest internet and landline provider in Oz for wireless. Do just buy an ASD?? line in and buy a router ??

Your help would be greatly appreciated

We use Adam Internet, naked asdl, 200gb no on peak or off peak per month, no land line we just use a VOIP line generated by Adam, we also buy a phone card as this works out really cheap on calls to the UK. have been with them 2 and a half years no problem

• 4 weeks later...

I recommend Internode. They have their call centre in Adelaide, and have always been very helpful, if not extraordinarily patient with someone as technologically challenged as me. I think we pay about $75 a month, which includes Voip nodephone and $10 worth calls for adsl and phone.

Guest Mitchell
We use Adam Internet, naked asdl, 200gb no on peak or off peak per month, no land line we just use a VOIP line generated by Adam, we also buy a phone card as this works out really cheap on calls to the UK. have been with them 2 and a half years no problem

If you have VoIP with Adam uk calls are only 1 cent per min. Is a card really cheaper?

Guest patsmb
Many use Telstra, but as with any company they have there critics. Optus is another biggish one, and also iiNet. Google them all and you can compare prices. Beware of some packages having high setup fees, NEVER pay for setup, you can always find someone who will do that for free. Don't pay for a router either.

Its weird as Telstra said we couldn't have ADSL or Cable Internet, yet Optus gave us the choice of both. That's in southern suburbs. It's weird how far behind the UK they are with infrastructure. Although i guess less people and larger distances etc.

Could it be that you have a Pair Gain phone line and you cant get ADSL we live at Happy Valley and could not get internet through the phone Ended up having an antenna installed (government funded ) as a dongle was useless We now have our internet and home phone with Adam -net is fine phone a bit scratchy though

Hi

I decided to go with Adam this week and i'm sure they have charged me $100 for a router and setting up / getting a guy to come round etc. I'd rather not pay so maybe I should change my mind or ring them up and threaten to move?

The deal they gave me was 50Gb for $50 with adsl and phone line - calls at 12c - is this a good deal?

Thanks for your input as I really don't have a clue !!!

Cheers Karen