• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Internet and line line packages - Which provider do I use??

Golden Grove
      34 times
      I use TPG, they are flexible and so far reliable.
      And yes you set up the ADSL and telephone yourself

Brompton SA5007
      112 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Ashby Dicko View Post
      We use Adam Internet, naked asdl, 200gb no on peak or off peak per month, no land line we just use a VOIP line generated by Adam, we also buy a phone card as this works out really cheap on calls to the UK. have been with them 2 and a half years no problem
      If you have VoIP with Adam uk calls are only 1 cent per min. Is a card really cheaper?

18 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross Dymond View Post
      Many use Telstra, but as with any company they have there critics. Optus is another biggish one, and also iiNet. Google them all and you can compare prices. Beware of some packages having high setup fees, NEVER pay for setup, you can always find someone who will do that for free. Don't pay for a router either.

Its weird as Telstra said we couldn't have ADSL or Cable Internet, yet Optus gave us the choice of both. That's in southern suburbs. It's weird how far behind the UK they are with infrastructure. Although i guess less people and larger distances etc.
      Could it be that you have a Pair Gain phone line and you cant get ADSL we live at Happy Valley and could not get internet through the phone Ended up having an antenna installed (government funded ) as a dongle was useless We now have our internet and home phone with Adam -net is fine phone a bit scratchy though

Port Noarlunga South, SA
      31 times

I decided to go with Adam this week and i'm sure they have charged me $100 for a router and setting up / getting a guy to come round etc. I'd rather not pay so maybe I should change my mind or ring them up and threaten to move?

The deal they gave me was 50Gb for $50 with adsl and phone line - calls at 12c - is this a good deal?

Thanks for your input as I really don't have a clue !!!

Cheers Karen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12