Mein gott! Blair used to live in adelaide!

sueoc

Yes, I think his Dad was a lecturer at the university.

Do people realise that Mike Rann (the premier) is English? I didn't know that but we saw him a few years ago giving a speech to all the ex-pat South Australians in London at Australia House, where he proudly declared he was a pom, originally from Kent if I remember right.

Yes, I think his Dad was a lecturer at the university.

Do people realise that Mike Rann (the premier) is English? I didn't know that but we saw him a few years ago giving a speech to all the ex-pat South Australians in London at Australia House, where he proudly declared he was a pom, originally from Kent if I remember right.

That's interesting! I wonder if he would 'fess up to it if addressing a different audience? The immigration minister is also a pom - believe it or not. Cant remember his name off hand.

Mariane

That's interesting! I wonder if he would 'fess up to it if addressing a different audience? The immigration minister is also a pom - believe it or not. Cant remember his name off hand.

Mariane

It's common knowledge that Mike Rann is from blighty (London born), via New Zealand :confused:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
It's common knowledge that Mike Rann is from blighty (London born), via New Zealand :confused:
That explains his annoying voice then!:arghh:

Guest panther

Also do you know that Ronnie Biggs from the great train robbery lived in Glenelg for a while whilst he was on the run. i must admit that was a worry Immigration did not see that one coming

Panther

• 3 years later...
Also do you know that Ronnie Biggs from the great train robbery lived in Glenelg for a while whilst he was on the run. i must admit that was a worry Immigration did not see that one coming Panther

i watched the "mrs Biggs" television programme last night on channel 7. At least I think it was channel 7. Anyway, I was surprised to find out that Ronnie Biggs and family lived in adelaide whilst on the run. And according to Wikipedia, and Panther above, they were in Glenelg. The Marbella of Australia! :wink:

Just found this on wikipedia

​Blair has one elder brother, Sir William Blair, a High Court judge, and a younger sister, Sarah. Blair spent the first 19 months of his life at the family home in Paisley Terrace in the Willowbrae area of Edinburgh. During this period, his father worked as a junior tax inspector whilst also studying for a law degree from the University of Edinburgh.[9] In the 1950s, his family spent three and a half years in Adelaide, Australia, where his father was a lecturer in law at the University of Adelaide.[13] The Blairs lived close to the university, in the suburb of Dulwich. The family returned to the UK in the late 1950s, living for a time with Hazel Blair's stepfather, William McClay, and her mother at their home in Stepps, near Glasgow. He spent the remainder of his childhood in Durham, England, where his father lectured at Durham University.[citation needed]