Rich & Chit

Blackwood or Hope Valley?

Hi all

We've just got an offer fr OAA for an accomodation in Hope Valley, anybody knows this place? There's Modbury Primary school, is it any good? We're torn between Blackwood n Hope Valley. Any suggestion/s?

Cheers

:confused:

Highbury Primary School I would think was the nearest to Hope Valley - and we've been really pleased with the school. Let me know (by PM if you like) the address and I'll check it out for you if you like. Blackwood is also very nice, but depends where you think you might be working - Hope Valley is a really nice area with good access to the northern areas, as well as the City (20 mins by public transport) and the Barossa (hic!). It has excellent shops - both local and at Tea Tree Plaza (about 5 mins from HV) and a great outdoor swimming pool complex. But I can't think of anything bad to say about either area, so whichever you choose you won't go wrong!

Diane

Guest kangomik

being around the North East i can only back up what Diane says.

The school is great the kids have settled well at Highbury, so much so the wife now travels 20 mins each way to keep them there!

There are a lot of things close by in that area, and it is real easy to get into the city on the bus etc.

Sorry i don't know anything about blackwood.

I would take oaa no matter what, use it as a base, if you can travel 12.5K miles then you will be ok in Oaa till you get sorted.

Hi

We rented in Hope Valley for 6 months when we first got here and have no complaints about the area. We sent our kids to Modbury South primary school as it was within walking distance but I personally didnt like the school. As the others say it is very central to most things and a good base to start from.

Wendy