In the absence of Argos where can I get cheap n cheerful furniture

Guest fuji70

Hi all

It looks as though I may be renting an unfurnished property. Until I'm working I'll only be interested in the basics such as sofa and mattresses. In the UK I'd just go to Argos until i could afford to replace with better.

Any suggestions for Adelaide??

Thanks in hope

Jo :)

If you want new, then Ikea is a good bet, but places like Kmart and Target also have a range of some basic furniture to start out.

Also, don't discount the "Op Shops" The Salvos, especially some of the larger ones, have some good items and also furnishings. What area are you in?

Also, try the internet, Gumtree Adelaide and Ebay have good cheap furniture bargains from time to time.

If you want new, then Ikea is a good bet, but places like Kmart and Target also have a range of some basic furniture to start out.

Also, don't discount the "Op Shops" The Salvos, especially some of the larger ones, have some good items and also furnishings. What area are you in?

Also, try the internet, Gumtree Adelaide and Ebay have good cheap furniture bargains from time to time.

Hiya

Yeah I'm going to try the Op shops for little pieces of furniture. Target is also a definite for bedding etc now you mention it. I've looked at IKEA (my staple in the UK :notworthy:) but things like mattresses can be pretty expensive.

I'll also give Kmart a bash too, I hadn't thought of that so thanks for your help.

Guest Here at last!

There is a place on North East Road near the Coles at Windsor Gardens/Hillcrest it is on the sity bound side of the road. I can't remember the name though - Bargain Furniture? something like that. (not much help there I know)

When I went in I thought that compared to some shops the prices were cheaper and the quality better.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Or fantastic furniture>>>

Or even "secondhand furniture and electrical........top of pt Road.......7 days a week"

All together now "hey Jo, how do keep your prices so low???"

Thanks all

At the moment I am still in a backpackers in the city centre, but the properties I'm looking at tend to be unfurnished. I'll try all of those places when I get sorted. I just need the absolute basics for the time being.

:)Thanks all

• 3 weeks later...
Guest katterfresh

Hi, you can try Super Amart in Melrose Park or Gepps Cross for furniture and you can also get a great starters pack for anything from $999 to $2999, that things like 2 sofa's, dining table&chairs, coffee table, lamp table, tv cabinet. For Kitchen stuff i.e small pieces like cutlery, try Woolworths or little shops in Harbourtown.

Hope this helps