Moving to Hallett Cove - who else is there??

jo_marnes

Thanks so much for all the 'helpful' people who have turned this thread into another Hallett Cove debate - useful. Thanks so much for your input :arghh:

In actual fact, we didn't look at Hallett Cove for a long time during our house search - we were more focused on the area where we are now and were put off by the negative attitudes expressed on this forum!! But we can't afford what we want in these suburbs. We looked round Hallett Cove after approx 8 wks of searching elsewhere and couldn't believe we hadn't looked sooner. It is a beautiful suburb with schools, shops and good transport links PLUS affordable housing - what more can you ask for? We weren't overly fussed about being near the beach, that's a bonus to us. My husband needs the Noarlunga train line for work which really restricted the locations we could look. I hear a lot of negative things about all the Poms being in HC, but has anyone ever thought that maybe we move there because it's NICE???? And we are first time buyers - not many places by the sea you can buy your first home and it be big enough for a family of 5! Certainly couldn't have done that in the UK! The only reason I can see that it is cheaper than other beach suburbs is because the Aussies seem to have this idea that anything further than 20 mins from the city is not worth going too. I'd rather have the countryside than the city any day.

As you know Jo we too started out at Port Adelaide (same OAA). We too spent weeks driving around the many suburbs both north and south to see where we might think would be a good place to settle. We settled on Hallett Cove because it is absolutely beautiful. Plain and simple. Our boys are grown up and so we didn't have to consider schools, although we do like it that the boys can just hop onto the train to get into the CBD. I work in the CBD and drive in every morning. Forty minutes. Big deal! TBH we didn't know that Hallett Cove had a little britain tag and couldn't care less about it, because as another poster has said, there are probably just as many brits elsewhere per capita. In fact we have been playing football every Wednesday up at Modbury and the place is crawling with brits. Again, don't care and good luck to them.

Where ever you choose to live, just embrace it and stop sniping at others because of your perception of the areas which they have chosen to live.

BTW some of the Modbury Jets lads went to the Ian Rush night and said he was a right miserable git.

Peace out. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hulltigers
Hi Guys,

We're in Hallet Cove too. I think we should have a Hallett Cove get together !

where abouts are you caroline, we are in hallet cove too still, landed 29th sept, met mel n jim n becki n family , the ledges from york , we need to meet up.. we move right near the east school in couple weeks.. phil