DIAC delays

Guest KarenR

Guest KarenR

hello

Just another query to add to the thousands already on here but has anybody elses application to the DIAC in Adelaide been delayed? I have been told that Adelaide has been flooded. 78,000 applications waiting to be processed. DIAC is moving staff from the temporary visa sections in other States to help out at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.

I've been told to expect considerable delays which is worrying when I submitted my application back in May and still haven’t been instructed to get Medicals.

Be good to get some feedback

Thanks

Karen

Hi there,

I am going through a migration agent and initially was told that we were looking at november 07 after starting the process in march 07. We applied for our visa on 24/07/07.

I have now since been informed that it could take anything up to may 2008 because of the delay, which has been caused by the change in the process starting 1st september. Every company and individual have been trying to get their applications in before the change happens, hence the reason for the extra work load of the DIAC, we were also advised that they were not taking on any extra staff as they are still only allowed to process a certain amount of applications within a year.

It is unfortunate that this is just a lengthy waiting game now, but if you have been advised that extra staff are being brought in from other areas, that can only be good!

Just out of curiosity who advised you of the diac bringing in staff from other states? It's just I have bombarded my agent (overseas emigration/edinburgh) with a mountain of questions and was kind of leaving them alone just now because of what we were advised, but it sounds from yourself that this has changed, it means the I can get in touch with my agents to find out a little more information if I know what I am talking about.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Guest dglamoore

The problem is that as soon as they made the announcement re changes everyone rushed their visa application in :huh: plus they put applications for the SIR495 on hold from 27th July to 1st September so there will be a huge influx of new applications coming in on top of this so things are being delayed at the mo :o

They do always seem to have a surge through just before xmas so it may help clear things up a bit then - good luck to all those waiting :wubclub:

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest happy-jools

Oh god this is very fustrating, and I do hope we dont have to wait until May 2008 for our Visa.

We sent our on 11.05.07. Acknowledged couple weeks ago (look at timeline underneath as I cant remember date).

Agent said expect to wait until December for a Case Officer. Huh. We front loaded meds, so hopefully not to long of a delay as they may become out of date.:arghh:

Wouldn't you just love to know how things are prioritised??? If you look at some people's timelines, there are people who applied on non-MODL 136 and 138 visa's in April who have received case officers this month and other's from months earlier who haven't heard a thing. We've only applied on the 17th of August but really wanted to put the house on the market in early spring. Being self-employed it will make a statement I'm not sure we'll want to make before we're certain. UGH!

Liz

Hi

I called my agent on Monday to see if there is any update as house is now n the market (no offers yet)

We dont have a case officer assigned yet although we do no they are processing it. We front loaded medicals and police checks in July. She advised us to call back in 6 weeks if we havn't heard anything in the meantime. Very Frustrating I know...................... I tend to gage time lines from PIA !! Ideally we want to be in OZ before X-mas and i'd also like to win the lottery !!!!

Macleods

Hi I think we are also playing the waiting game. We put in our visa on 20/6 and were hoping to go just after Christmas but we havent even been recepted yet. We are getting increasingly frustrated as we know we will be delayed @ the medical stage due to our daughters pre existing very rare medical condition.:wacko: I think we may now have to re asses and aim for after easter. :arghh:. Patience not one of our strong points we are just hoping that as we are going on a 136(on modle) it might go a bit quicker once they have looked at the formes. Vaine hope probably but weve got to have somthing to keep us going.

Guest graandjac

:jiggy:Well at last today our agent rang to say we now have a case reference no ?!so we never did get a recept for the payment although they took it 3 months ago.

So now the meds are booked for the 4th oct, but she DIDNT seem to to be worried about any delays....??? hate waiting Cheers Graham

Hi

We are in the same boat (see timeline) Emailed our agent about 3 weeks ago and she thought we would get our acknowledgement by 26/08/07 . Still nothing.....ARGH

Kimberley x

:jiggy:Well at last today our agent rang to say we now have a case reference no ?!so we never did get a recept for the payment although they took it 3 months ago.

So now the meds are booked for the 4th oct, but she DIDNT seem to to be worried about any delays....??? hate waiting Cheers Graham

Great news chaps, soon be there now!

OHHHHHHHHHHH I could kiss you:jiggy:. You have given us hope currently 12days behind you on a 136. so Hopefully we will here soon Happy days are here again............