prices of school item

Guest markmet

Guest markmet

Hi there

Went shopping today for school equipment and nearly passed out at the price of black trainers. My daughter isn't keen on wearing black laced shoes, but would wear black trainers which is allowed. Went into athletes foot $119 dollars, they werent even that nice. Then I went next door to foot locker who had black trainers for $79, which I thought was more reasonable, but of course she cant have those because of the nike tick on the side. Just wandered if anyone knows of somewhere I could purchase some at a reasonable price. Also when you purchase a windcheater, does it have to have school logo, or do you just purchase one from a shop that sells them, just thought if you have one with school logo you would only wear it for school, and they are quite expensive aswell. Its a dear game all this school stuff.

Thanks.

Chris

Guest kangomik

Rivers.

Shoe shed,

Shoe store....... think it's called that.

For school stuff don't be going to foot locker etc.

Harbour town, near the airport will have a shop or two selling footwear...... walk round first, then go back!

Both my daughter and son wear the horrible lace up black things - not allowed trainers at their school, and those are generally not too bad a price, and the theory is, everyone has to wear them so there's never an argument! - but also try someplace like Target, Big W, KMart - or there's a shop called Spendless Shoes which does plain black trainers (I got some for me today - $29.95)

Guest markmet

Hi

Thanks for that. You have made me feel better knowing I can get them at more reasonable prices. Will take a look at your suggested shops

Thanks again

Chris

Guest markmet

hi janine

thanks for reply. would you mind telling me volleys are?. Are they what i would call plimsolls. my daughter wanted these. but we didnt think she would be able to wear them as it quite clearly states black lace up shoes/plain black sneakers

chris

Guest markmet

Hi

She would like to wear plimsolls but not sure whether thats allowed at Aberfoyle. So if anyone knows and could let me know that would be great

Thanks

Chris

Wearing black Volleys will make your daughter like just about every other yr 8 girl lol!

The uniform policy is pretty strict so the windcheater should be the school one and the principal stated exactly what was acceptable in this newsletter -which you probably have but - http://intra.aphs.sa.edu.au/static/newsletter/Issue%2002%20-%20Feb%202010.pdf

We have a new principal and she seems pretty keen on getting the kids to actually wear the uniform and is threatening detentions to any that don't, but we'll see. If you can't get hold of any of the uniform, just write your daughter a note in her diary and she'll be fine.

As for the toilets (yes, I had to comment!) this has been brought in relatively recently in an attempt to cut down damage. I was at Daws Road a few years ago and although they had less than 500 students, their toilets were locked and the key was held and signed out for at Admin. At least at APHS you can just ask a teacher, and there are plenty around. The state of the boys toilets is pretty disgraceful, but the girls are generally ok. I remember working (volunteering) at their primary school canteen and a boy telling me that you don't have to wash your hands or flush the toilet at school so maybe that's it lol!

Good luck for next Monday - I'm sure she'll have a blast!

LC

Guest markmet

Hi LC

Thanks for the useful info. Do you know where I can get some acceptable footwear. Am struggling to find something suitable and reasonably priced.

Thanks

Chris :arghh: