Guest thekings

How old before you can work???

Guest thekings

Looking into my daughter getting a part time/Saturday job when we get there :skeptical: she will be 14, just wondered what the rules were in Aus. She is looking at casual work after school/weekends but not a paper round :)

Guest katsmajic

i think its 14yrs and 9mths for casual work here - paper rounds are done by car so nope, kids cant do it.

restaurant i was working at had 14yr olds there, but they were all at the almost 15 mark....

Yeah...14 years and 9 months for my local foodland...

Although i think fast food outlets will take them younger...my daughter had a trial for one well known fast food outlet last year when she hadnt long turned 14...

I think Woolworths only take Year 10 upwards.

Be aware that Coles has recently got rid of a lot of their casuals so not much point in trying there.

14 yrs and 9 months, but they can work at 14 with parents written consent. Usually the casual work they get is after school 4pm-7pm or 9pm with some Saturdays, around 3 shifts a week.

Guest kangomik

I told mine they are going down the pit:) and they believe it.

No paper rounds, but you could deliver junk mail..... sorry promotional catalogues. Comes on a pallets to the house apparently, divvy up and deliver.

If a kid does this, and sets it up as a business by doing so can they write fuel off as a tax expense? And could they off set the vehicle wear and tear?

It's a serious question by the way.