How old before you can work???

Guest thekings

Guest thekings

Looking into my daughter getting a part time/Saturday job when we get there :skeptical: she will be 14, just wondered what the rules were in Aus. She is looking at casual work after school/weekends but not a paper round :)

Guest katsmajic

i think its 14yrs and 9mths for casual work here - paper rounds are done by car so nope, kids cant do it.

restaurant i was working at had 14yr olds there, but they were all at the almost 15 mark....

Guest kangomik

I told mine they are going down the pit:) and they believe it.

No paper rounds, but you could deliver junk mail..... sorry promotional catalogues. Comes on a pallets to the house apparently, divvy up and deliver.

If a kid does this, and sets it up as a business by doing so can they write fuel off as a tax expense? And could they off set the vehicle wear and tear?

It's a serious question by the way.