Baby, baby, baby!

Guest Weez

Guest Weez

Hi guys its me and i'm up the duff!!:cute: needing to buy some baby things so would love any info on any baby fairs coming up and if any one has any baby gear they are wanting to sell i would be interested, not wanting to spend thousands as it will be the last one and my body is getting to old for this!! thanks guys XX;) oh and also looking for unusual cute names, got an Issac and a lochie which in the uk were unheard of, but every other kid here has thier names!!:nah:

Guest hel&sam

big congratulations, cant help with the baby stuff, my youngest is 8 and i've no intentions of adding another but i love it when other people have them. good luck.

Guest Trakki

I have a few bits that Kian has grown out of, baby bouncy/rocking chair, bumbo baby seat, door bouncer. He is only 9 months but doesn't use them anymore. If you are interested send me a pm and I will try to send you some photos.

Guest Fulwood

Not sure when you are due, but our Ozzie grown "Mini Bruce" is due in 3 weeks! We've been very lucky with lots of things gifted to us from neighbours and friends. We've also found a few things from 'Free cycle' and Gumtree Adelaide.

Which hospital are you firing it out at?

Congratulations on the impending aussie arrival.

I ahve found these markets to be a great way to find some great bargins without the hassle of a carboot

Baby & Kids Market - THE biggest range of preloved Baby & Kids goods under one roof.

I think there is one nearly every month, I am hoping to sort all my bits out for a stall soon, best of luck.

Michelle

Guest kfoley0681

congratulations! we had a little ozzie accident born 9 months after arriving here! now 1 year old! just sold all baby stuff only have an avent steam sterlizer and chrub baby breast pump (only used once) if you are interested. also if you are on facebook there are some new free to adverise sites that maybe of interest to you that sel preloved items the one im thinking for you is adelaide babies maybe worth a look new stuff being loaded daily! good luck!!

Congratulations, Can't help with any baby stuff sorry, we gave it all away before we left.

Do understand what you say about the names, how bout... Josiah, thats the name of our auskick coach. I think it's a great name very strong. I have never heard anyone with a name like that in the UK.

Guest familygood

Hi, I had my little Aussie champ 12 days ago at Flinders. Will certainly have grown out of the new baby stuff by the time you need it so let me know nearer the time if you want anything.

Guest Weez

Thanks Guys, K i would definately be interested in ya breast pump!! (don't get to say that very often!!!;)) Prema, Josiah is a lovely name but we have a nephew with that name!! thanks Rip will check out that link, bubs is due mid october having it hopefully in a birthing centre here in T'north, wanted home birth but have been put of that here and not allowed one now !:sad:

For choosing a name, why not get a handful of scrabble letters, throw them up in the air, and call the baby whatever comes down! Might be a good idea to do the Countdown thing and have at least a couple of vowels in there....

Congratulations by the way!

Also, Prema, I think if you have a baby and you're on a temp visa, it takes whatever nationality the parents have - only gets aussie nationality/citizenship if parents are on permanent visa or citizens themselves. That's the way I understand it anyway! Used to be enough just to be born here, whatever and whoever your parents were (when I was born anyway) but they changed that sometime in the 1980s (which was quite a while after I was born!!)

Guest Janine3979

Thanks for the info, found some fantastic stuff on facebook, Adelaide baby bargins.

Got them all sorted for collection when we arrive in less than 2 weeks.

congratulations! we had a little ozzie accident born 9 months after arriving here! now 1 year old! just sold all baby stuff only have an avent steam sterlizer and chrub baby breast pump (only used once) if you are interested. also if you are on facebook there are some new free to adverise sites that maybe of interest to you that sel preloved items the one im thinking for you is adelaide babies maybe worth a look new stuff being loaded daily! good luck!!

• 1 month later...
Guest xhaylesx
Can anyone tell me what the situation is when you have a baby in SA, and on a temp visa.

Does the baby automatically become an Australian citizen?

Not if you are on a temp visa.