English fish n chips - down south

Guest stokiedownunder

Guest Scrappin' Julie
Must admit very rare I ate fish/cod in the uk, but I do like the butterfish over here, a place in the Collonades does it with chips, coleslaw, slice of lemon and tatar sauce for $6.50, not bad, just wish more places would do proper fresh chips, seriously thinkin of openin me own plaice.

If you are down in Port Noarlunga then you must have the fish and chips from the chippy there...in summer the queues out the door and he's chips are from real spuds (not processed fries) Battered or crumbed fish and cooked to perfection! :notworthy:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yum. Thought id better get myself to Brownys as only live round the corner and must admit i really enjoyed it. The best bit, not 1 single bone in the cod.

• 3 months later...

hi guys,

stumbled accross this forum while looking for browny's phone number, i supply the cod and haddock to him and you can be guarenteed is the real deal proper good stuff! ive just spent my inheritance on a new container full of it, so it will be available all the time now, we were on rations for the last 3 months waiting on the boat, so couldnt send him as much as he needed.

i emigrated here in 1990 from sussex, im 4th generation fish smoker and just started my new business in the adelaide hills, we produce proper smoked cod, haddock, kippers and mackerel, oak smoked and we use no colouring, its about as authentic as it can be! so i have all of those fresh as well if youd like to make your own cod and chips!!!

not sure about the rules in regards to commercial posts on this forum, so if you want to know more just PM me, glad i have found this site, as im sure i can make many of you very very happy!!!! maybe the next container we can chuck a few cartons of carling in for yas!! haha

cheers

adam

Guest Tterrier81
hi guys,

stumbled accross this forum while looking for browny's phone number, i supply the cod and haddock to him and you can be guarenteed is the real deal proper good stuff! ive just spent my inheritance on a new container full of it, so it will be available all the time now, we were on rations for the last 3 months waiting on the boat, so couldnt send him as much as he needed.

i emigrated here in 1990 from sussex, im 4th generation fish smoker and just started my new business in the adelaide hills, we produce proper smoked cod, haddock, kippers and mackerel, oak smoked and we use no colouring, its about as authentic as it can be! so i have all of those fresh as well if youd like to make your own cod and chips!!!

not sure about the rules in regards to commercial posts on this forum, so if you want to know more just PM me, glad i have found this site, as im sure i can make many of you very very happy!!!! maybe the next container we can chuck a few cartons of carling in for yas!! haha

cheers

adam

hi adam, if ur serious about the carling then i'll definately take a couple of cartons of ya, have missed me carlin but have got bye rather well on the ozzie beers, just would be nice to have a carling for a change

cheers

dan

Guest Tterrier81
haha unfortunately it would all freeze and blow up before it got here!!! sorry probably shouldnt have gotten your hopes up!!!

haha thats just cruel!!!

looks like im just gonna have to wait till next year when i go over

cheers anyway lol