Guest cbeeb

summer holidays where?

Guest cbeeb

i need ideas for places to go for holidays in summer have 2 kids(8 and 10) my parents will be here, husband wants to go interstate have been to melbourne and sydney. looking to go for 2 weeks. where would you love to go in australia?

Lots of places in Australia you could go if you fancy a roadtrip - the Gold Coast theme parks might go down well - but don't rule out somewhere like Fiji: with the deals available it actually works out cheaper than staying in Oz a lot of the time. Have a browse on Fiji Holidays & Australia Accommodation, Resorts & Packages and look our for the kids-stay-and-eat free deals. We went to Plantation Island in April, and would recommend that for sure. Also have a read on a site like Hotels and Vacation Reviews - TripAdvisor

Within Australia, a Murray River houseboat is a great thing to do with a family, gets the kids away from TV/Playstation etc, and great fun messing about in the river and just generally chilling. If you fancy Melbourne, the Mornington Peninsula is great, and if you are into camping, anywhere up the east coast between Melbourne and Sydney is good too.

Guest Guest75

Personally I'm itching to get back to the Flinders Ranges and up to Arkaroola - not a trip for summer though.

Perhaps look at a trip to the Gold Coast ,there are some real deals with combined accommodation, flights and car hire.

Guest WhatNow?

If your kids etc like wildlife, beautiful scenery and the idea of a log cabin, then try Emu Holiday Park

We have stayed there many times. Alan and Vicki are the local kangaroo rescue co-ordinators and often are fostering baby roos that the kids can bottle feed. Vicki runs an outdoor education service for Woodcroft College and is a mine of information on what you can do in the area which is Wartook, Victoria about 5.5.hours drive from Adelaide so definitely do-able in a day. Halls Gap is a fantastic half hour drive away and a lovely place to visit and Horsham is the nearest town.

Emu Holiday Park is lovely - but I don't think I'd like to be there at the height of summer. Spring and Autumn are fantastic but it's a very wooded area, and I wouldn't like the bushfire risk in the summer.

Guest katsmajic

Jumping on this thread - wondering where would be good next easter time? its a late easter next year so probably too chilly for camping locally...

any ideas? :wubclub:

Personally I'm itching to get back to the Flinders Ranges and up to Arkaroola - not a trip for summer though.

Perhaps look at a trip to the Gold Coast ,there are some real deals with combined accommodation, flights and car hire.

We've only holidayed in South Australia and then by 4 wheels (or boat). Flinders was OK in February. Warm...yes, flies...a few, unbearable....no, we had a ball. Loved Arkaroola and Wilpena Pound.

Also been up the Murray on a houseboat, explored KI and the Fleurieu Peninsular, Barossa and Clare (not much for the children but you can camp and cycle round Clare) Had a great time in Sydney too doing city, Northern Beaches and the Blue Mountains

Next year we're doing the Limestone Coast and Grampians - Robe, Mount Gambier, Blue Lake, Naracoorte, Hall's Gap etc.

Maybe when we arrive for good we'll make it to Melbourne via the Ocean Road as well as going interstate. My family enjoy Noosa but go there in the winter

Guest panther
    Jumping on this thread - wondering where would be good next easter time? its a late easter next year so probably too chilly for camping locally...

It wil be a real long one too with both easter and anzac day

Guest me123

i have heard that "christmas island" is very popular :-)

Guest cbeeb

thanks for all the ideas been to robe loved it and KI amazing could go back, will give christmas island a miss thanks:-)

Emu Holiday Park would be excellent at Easter - they have a few cabins there if it's a little chilly for camping. Wood burning stoves inside so lovely and cosy. Also lots of great walks in the area, up to waterfalls for instance.