Prema

Bogan

Went out for a meal a couple of weeks a go with the other mums from the children's school. They were laughing about bogans, who have long hair and drive commodores.....

If it was a joke I did not get it, and I like commodores especially in the electric blue colour..

anyways point is what is a bogan??? are they like boy racers??? if so what's wrong with that??

Prema

Guest Guest75

It's a bit like the Chav thing in the UK.

Just don't go Feral or Troppo though!@!!:swoon::swoon:

Guest Guest75
    Tyke 108 posts lol im sure poster knows lolololol ;)

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Aye - appen'

Wait until you get into the outback and drink Butchers of Port with the locals - that can really define Bogans and Ferals for you.:cute:

Went out for a meal a couple of weeks a go with the other mums from the children's school. They were laughing about bogans, who have long hair and drive commodores.....

If it was a joke I did not get it, and I like commodores especially in the electric blue colour..

anyways point is what is a bogan??? are they like boy racers??? if so what's wrong with that??

Prema

The term bogan (pronounced /ˈboʊɡən/, rhymes with "slogan") is Australian and New Zealand English slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for a person who is perceived to be from a lower class background or someone whose limited education, speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies such a background. [1]

Similar slang terms and concepts exist in other countries, including: chav, scally and pikey in England; ned in Scotland; scanger, scobe and spide Ireland; zef South Africa; tokkie in Holland; Proll in Germany; white trash or red neck in North America; ars in Israel and gopnik in Russia.

A derivation of the term is "cashed-up bogan" (CUB) which emerged during the economic boom of the early 21st century.:biglaugh:

Guest cornish Busdriver

Prema

Have a look at these vids.

Explains bogans

YouTube - thebloke1's Channel

YouTube - thebloke1's Channel

Guest Guest75
    So whats the difference between Bogan and Feral

Hmmmm???

Bogans seem to live a kind of Aussie Redneck style of life here.

Ferals are just rude and out of control.

anyways point is what is a bogan??? are they like boy racers??

No, those are "hoons"!