reasons why you are on PIA

Guest me123

i am posting this on the "BARBIE" section so this will be just general banter,kick your shoes off and relax....

just a question Why are you on PIA?....my reasons are that i currently dont work so i have far too much time to spare and choose to spend it on the internet.....my OH first discovered this site back in the uk and we joined in the hope of some advice about migration and to get an idea of peoples opinions of living/working in Adelaide...but he soon tired of the site but i became addicted...even though lots of stuff on here ticks me off..and yes i have in turn ticked some people off..but i fail everytime i say i'm not going back...and yep here i am again

although i do rush round like blue ar*ed fly before OH gets home as i have wasted all day sat on here...fry an onion..so he thinks i have some brilliant delight to serve for tea...

Guest Scrappin' Julie

I find myself just checking in since I needed advice on a break of lease and it's nice to be able to help out every now and then if you can share your experiences with newbies.

PIA is also a very good distraction from the fairychores!

stumbled across this site when googling. Had lived here a very long time and thought this was just what people moving here would need, because after the nitty gritty of the visas and flights, what people actually want to know is...How do I .....Where is...., Are there any...... Can I .....Will my Kids....... What if....When will I , can I ........ I felt I could help answer a lot of these. Got asked to be a Mod, which I try to do quietly these days. My main aim is to keep the new natives happy so that prospectives still feel welcome and benefit from those gone before and their above queries don't get lost in the banter.

Joined the forum practically when it started during the visa application process, it was invaluable then and on our arrival back in 2007 (as was Mr Tyke who we rented with to start off :notworthy:) Was on here alot of the time when I wasn't working trying to help out if I could answer any questions.

Since then I found a job and spend most of my life running round after kids so I only drop in here every now and then to see if there is anything I can answer. Enjoy reading the more contraversial threads now and again though!

Lea :)

for us at first was to gain advice.. view peoples experiences and meet some friends a long the way too, which we have ....:wacko:

now really is to gain peoples recommendations and i guess to some extent still the above too..

thanks to all the mods, the members and the site for our past 3yrs of help & advice that we have gained from PIA....:jiggy:

Why am I on here? Good questions ..... I've been in Adelaide 8 years and when I arrived there were no internet forums like this. I so wish there was. I try to keep a low profile these days but mainly if I can offer help or advice I will do so. I also like to keep in touch with what is going on in and around Adelaide and this site always lets you know what is happening.

I found the site while originally looking at Poms In Perth.....and Google threw this up!!

Reading and researching....we changed our mind to Adelaide, part in thanks to this site!!

At first i got some great advice from the site, now i hope give i some out myself when i know the subject matter!

Also met many of our friends on here..... and still put the offer out for a meet up beer/coffee to anyone who wants it!!

Dan