Anyone in Yorkshire?

Guest helene73

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tpgc03

Hello,

We are originally from Rotherham south yorkshire. We have been here in Port Noarlunga for 6 months. I am a Nurse (Alison) and my hubby Nick is a Primary teacher and we have 2 children Finlay (10) and Sian (4). We love it here and settled really well, don't miss the UK just people. Its a very stressful time moving to the otherside of the world but its the best decision we made.

Guest helene73
Hello,

We are originally from Rotherham south yorkshire. We have been here in Port Noarlunga for 6 months. I am a Nurse (Alison) and my hubby Nick is a Primary teacher and we have 2 children Finlay (10) and Sian (4). We love it here and settled really well, don't miss the UK just people. Its a very stressful time moving to the otherside of the world but its the best decision we made.

That's great to know :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,

My OH's school friend...presently in Dewsbury...arrives here in December. They came for a reccie with their two teenage daughters last year and are now moving for good.

If you want his contact details please snd me a PM. He's a great bloke so expect to go out for a drink whilst he answers any questions that you may have!

Tamara

Guest helene73

Just got the email to say I have passed my TRA :) it's the best wedding anniversary present ever :)

SA SS will be lodged When agents office opens in Melbourne, that's one hurdle overcome :) sooooo happy x

Guest charlie&donna

Yep we're Yorkshire folk too. In Leeds (although I'm from Plymouth and my wifes from N.I originally) Just starting to get things together for the skills assessment stage, so very much as the beginning!

Guest WAITINGAME

Hi

Were from Rochdale - Lancs.....not Yorkshire but hey only a couple of towns away so i thought i would join your thread.! I go to Leeds Shopping, been to a concert in Bradford...and went to sunny Scarborough on one of them Sun News holiday breaks !!

Am at the final stages of the process thank god...had medicals done just waiting for the golden ticket...Good Luck All

Guest helene73
Hi

Were from Rochdale - Lancs.....not Yorkshire but hey only a couple of towns away so i thought i would join your thread.! I go to Leeds Shopping, been to a concert in Bradford...and went to sunny Scarborough on one of them Sun News holiday breaks !!

Am at the final stages of the process thank god...had medicals done just waiting for the golden ticket...Good Luck All

What's a few miles eh, you can be a honouree Yorkshire lass lol

Good luck fingers crossed for you :) x

Guest helene73
Yep we're Yorkshire folk too. In Leeds (although I'm from Plymouth and my wifes from N.I originally) Just starting to get things together for the skills assessment stage, so very much as the beginning!

Hi guys and welcome to our little thread :) I was over in leeds on Monday shopping, one of my favourite pass times lol

Good luck with your skills assessment just got mine today so very happy, are you using a agent or going solo?

If you need any advice just shout and some nice person on here has the answer, everyone has been a god send when I get baffled which is quite a lot lol :)

Guest charlie&donna

Thanks Helene73,

yeah we're going solo. After a few days of feeling daunted by it all, managed to split it down into 6 steps! Much more manageable!

cheers

Charlie

Guest purplerdt77
I wondered if anyone else in Yorkshire Is applying to SA would be nice to chat and make some new friends, before we all get over there!

I am in scarborough north Yorkshire.

Would be great to hear from you :)

Hi we are a family in Malton about 30 mins from Scarborough we have just received our state sponsorship and have just lodged our main application, sounds like you feel the same as us and would like to meet people before you get there

Guest purplerdt77
We would like to settle Hallet cove or nr by. Oh is a Electrician hoping to come early next year.

Hi my hubby is an electrician and we are hoping to get our visa this october to go over early next year we are in Mlaton near York, how are you getting on

Guest helene73
Hi we are a family in Malton about 30 mins from Scarborough we have just received our state sponsorship and have just lodged our main application, sounds like you feel the same as us and would like to meet people before you get there

Hello :) your certainly not far away would be great to meet up for a natter one day, I have just sent off my SS so a bit behind you yet any way if you fancy meeting up one day send me a PM and we will sort something :)

Guest purplerdt77
Hello :) your certainly not far away would be great to meet up for a natter one day, I have just sent off my SS so a bit behind you yet any way if you fancy meeting up one day send me a PM and we will sort something :)

Hi yeah your SS should take 8 weeks, so you are not too far behind, it would be good to meet up as some of the posts on here are a bit scary, we try to feel that everyones experience is different but its a big thing to move to the other side of the world

Guest helene73
Hi yeah your SS should take 8 weeks, so you are not too far behind, it would be good to meet up as some of the posts on here are a bit scary, we try to feel that everyones experience is different but its a big thing to move to the other side of the world

It certainly is.... But exciting too :)

Hopefully making some friends in the same position will make it slightly easier :)

Guest nicandchris

Hi guys

Looks like there are a few of us in this area of scarborough and malton (were in seamer)! we should meet up when we can- we are on each others doorsteps! Were just waiting for my nursing reg to come back - money taken on the 13th april before we can move forward but hopefully the big move will be before or around feb next year! nic

Guest helene73
Hi,

we got the ok from the medicals last wednesday-so hopefully it will not be long now

cheers Andrew+Lisa

That's brilliant :) well done guys :) you will soon be out there.

I'm from the Dearne...an unwanted area between Barnsley, Donny and Rotherham, Rotherham post code and telephone area code, covered by Barnsley Council. But i have always classed myself as being a Barnsley lass :) My husband is from Barnsley too. We're living in Plymouth at the moment but will be moving back up north before we move to Adelaide!