Well guess its over

Guest petal

Guest SusieOR
Well I slept remarkable well considering, I think once I had heard shelly's bad news I knew deep down it was game over for now!!!

Sure enough got a email this morning confirming that hairdressing quota's have been met and the rest of us have been cut off.

There is not long to wait till July (at least we dont have to wait months!!!)

And who knows what opportunities will arise for us!

Thought about jumping state but I have limited options

Northern territories

Tasmania

Canberra

And who's to say that won't be the same with it been the year end they may have or be near to filling occupational quota's so I would rather just wait and see what July brings :) oh and Tyke it's bright sunshine and lovely and warm in Scarborough today, wish you were here? Nah I think not lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really should send the decline emails before putting up on the web that an occupation is no longer unavailable... it would stop a lot of worry & uncertainty for people wouldnt it!!!

Good Luck Helene73... as I said on the other thread... when we are all there drinking wine & eating kangaroo meat off the BBQ... the hold ups will mean nothing!!!

Good Luck!!!

Susie x

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest helene73
They really should send the decline emails before putting up on the web that an occupation is no longer unavailable... it would stop a lot of worry & uncertainty for people wouldnt it!!!

Good Luck Helene73... as I said on the other thread... when we are all there drinking wine & eating kangaroo meat off the BBQ... the hold ups will mean nothing!!!

Good Luck!!!

Susie x

Lol thanks Susie :)

Guest helene73

I am Feeling slightly weird now all calm, serene and positive :) I had forgotten what it feels like not to be stressed!!! Lol

Going to enjoy it before it all starts again in July :)

Guest vicky_1970

Hi

I didn't manage to get my SA SS application in as had not had my skills assessment back - sod's law i have now got it (dated 2nd May) !! Roll on July - I'm feeling like the only disappointed person on here as all the posts seem to be "granted my visa todays - yipee" !!

Fingers crossed July comes round soon !!

Vicky

Guest helene73
Hi

I didn't manage to get my SA SS application in as had not had my skills assessment back - sod's law i have now got it (dated 2nd May) !! Roll on July - I'm feeling like the only disappointed person on here as all the posts seem to be "granted my visa todays - yipee" !!

Fingers crossed July comes round soon !!

Vicky

You are far from the only one disappointed today I can tell you :) all us hairdressers are shocked and disappointed with yesterdays news but hey ho s**t happens and we just have to get on with it lol

What do you do Vicky?

Guest vicky_1970

Hi Helene73

I am a policy and planning manager - quota still showing as available. It is so frustrating as going to need SA SS under new points system and ready to apply but will have to wait til July now !! All I keep thinking is i am 2 steps down the road (IELTS and Skills Assessments) - not far i know but have to hold on to what I have got !!

Just found out 2 days ago that i am prob going to lose my job in the next few months too (or take a serious pay cut) all thanks to the Government re organisation!

Guest helene73
Hi Helene73

I am a policy and planning manager - quota still showing as available. It is so frustrating as going to need SA SS under new points system and ready to apply but will have to wait til July now !! All I keep thinking is i am 2 steps down the road (IELTS and Skills Assessments) - not far i know but have to hold on to what I have got !!

Just found out 2 days ago that i am prob going to lose my job in the next few months too (or take a serious pay cut) all thanks to the Government re organisation!

Awww Vicky I am so sorry to hear that, that really is crap :( this whole process is sooooo emotionally draining one minute your up next it's all gone to s**t. Everyone seems to have a glitch but they get there in the end we just have to stay positive and roll with it. I tend to think the worse about every situation then if it goes right great but if the worse happens then that's no surprise cos I have prepared for it!!! Lol that's how I tend to deal with it but sssshhhhh that's a secret lol

I do truly believe though it will all come right for us In the end.

Good luck and keep in touch :)

Guest petal

GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL,

WELL DEAN AND I HAVE DECIDED TO GO FOR SS FOR WA NOW AFTER A NIGHT TALKING SO YESTERDAY AFTER DOING RESERCH I SUBMIITED IT TO MY AGENT , AND SHE WILL SUBMIT TO LADY IN AUSTRLIA. :goofy:

ARE WE MAD TO DO THIS DO YOU ALL THINK !!! TO PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS AGAIN , AS YES TIME IS VERY SHORT BUT I GUESS WE HAD TO TRY..

SO GUYS I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON THIS IT SEEMS REALLY SAD TO WRITE THAT IM TRYING FOR SOMWHERE ELSE AS I HAVE MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE ON HERE WHO HAVE BEEN SOOO POSITIVE WITH ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED.

COULDNT HAVE DONE WITHOUT THIS SITE ITS BEEN A MATCH IN HEAVEN FOR ME WHAT WITH ALL THE DRAMA'S BUT NOW TILL THE NEXT INSTALMENT

TAKE CARE YOU GUYS AND HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND

FROM A REALLY POSITIVE SUSAN THIS TIME WHAT WILL BE WILL BE

LOVE SUSAN X ;)

Guest helene73

I am soooo happy and pleased that you have gone for it, but after I got off the phone with you yesterday felt a little sad too, but I am sure where ever the pair of us end up we will be great friends :) so it's holidays in Adelaide for you and Dean lol when I eventually get there!!!!

Take care and the best of luck I have everything crossed for you and we will talk soon xoxo mwah

Guest petal
I am soooo happy and pleased that you have gone for it, but after I got off the phone with you yesterday felt a little sad too, but I am sure where ever the pair of us end up we will be great friends :) so it's holidays in Adelaide for you and Dean lol when I eventually get there!!!!

Take care and the best of luck I have everything crossed for you and we will talk soon xoxo mwah

HEYYY HELEN ,

THANKS HUN FELL SAD ME SELF BUT IM NOT READY TO WRITE ADELAIDE OFF YET STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED, IM HOPING SHE DOESENT SUBMIT TODAY AS ITS FRIDAY 13TH THATS ALL I B****Y NEED LOL :goofy:

WE WILL BOTH GET THERE IN THE END GIRL IM SURE OF IT , MADE OF STRONG STUFF US BOTH. WHERE EVER WE END UP WE WILL BE FRIENDS FOR A VERY LONG TIME TO COME ..

TAKR CARE HUN

LOTS LOVE SUSAN XXX ;)

dont quote me on this...but i am sure that i have heard that you do NOT have to stay in the state that you are spaonsored for.....

Contact a member on here called gollywobbler she is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to VISAS anbd what you can and cannot do when on them.

Good luck and keep the faith....

Best

HG

Guest petal
dont quote me on this...but i am sure that i have heard that you do NOT have to stay in the state that you are spaonsored for.....

Contact a member on here called gollywobbler she is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to VISAS anbd what you can and cannot do when on them.

Good luck and keep the faith....

Best

HG

THANKS FOR POST HG,

YES I HAVE HEARD THAT WITH ME IT WAS A DIFFICULT DECISION FOR OH AND I TO MAKE , AS WE WERE TORN TO SWITCH STATES OR WAIT TILL JULY , AND THEN TO FIND WERE NOT ON LIST. WA DID HAVE DEANS OCCUPATION ON SO TALKING WITH AGENT WE DECIDED TO GO FOR IT :goofy:

IM SOO PREYING WE HAVE MADE RIGHT DECISION WHO NOSE JUST SO LITTLE TIME TO GET SS AND VISA IN BUT WE LIVE N HOPE , BUT THERE IS NO WAY WERE GIVING UP EVEN THOUGH THAT MONEY TREE IN THE GARDEN DOSENT WANT TO KEEP GIVING US MONEY LOL :D

FINGERS CROSSED

SUSAN X

HEYYY HELEN ,

THANKS HUN FELL SAD ME SELF BUT IM NOT READY TO WRITE ADELAIDE OFF YET STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED, IM HOPING SHE DOESENT SUBMIT TODAY AS ITS FRIDAY 13TH THATS ALL I B****Y NEED LOL :goofy:

WE WILL BOTH GET THERE IN THE END GIRL IM SURE OF IT , MADE OF STRONG STUFF US BOTH. WHERE EVER WE END UP WE WILL BE FRIENDS FOR A VERY LONG TIME TO COME ..

TAKR CARE HUN

LOTS LOVE SUSAN XXX ;)

Hi Susan

I was born on Friday 13th mm/19xx. My mother thinks that Friday 13th is a very lucky date, even if nobody else agrees with her!

As a matter of Policy, the Government hopes that you will move to whichever State has sponsored you for a visa. It is understandable that Policy would want this. However, Policy is not Law. The Law is silent about whether or not an immigrant has to move to the sponsoring State and there is no visa condition that can force him to do so.

The reason for this is because Australia has a written Constitution. The Constitution says that anyone who is deemed to be a Permanent Resident of Australia can live wherever he likes in Australia and he can do whatever he likes in whichever place he decides to settle, as long as his activity isn't illegal. The Constitution cannot be altered without first holding a Referendum. No Government will hold a Referendum about a point of Law which is completely irrelevant to 100% of the voters.

So the Immigration Policy is stuck between a rock & a hard place. Sure, Policy would like you to move to the sponsoring State but Policy can't force you to do so and on this issue, Policy is not supported by Law. So DIAC do what they can - give out a misleading impression on their website. I can understand why it happens but I can also understand why a prospective immigrant need not worry about the wording of the website on this particular issue.

That said, though, there is a potential trap. If you don't think you will be forced to move to the XYZ State, you are unlikely to do as much research about the place as you should. Lack of research means a weak application for SS. The State can refuse to grant SS if it doesn't think that the applicant has any real intention of moving to that State and there is no appeal against a decision to refuse SS. All the people who consider the application for SS live in the XYZ State and presumably they wouldn't live there if they didn't like the place themselves. Also, because they live in the XYZ State and are bringing up their own families there, they know everything there is to know about life in the XYZ State, so a half-hearted application for SS will stick out like a sore thumb.

Therefore please do the research will 100% heart and mind and be seen to do so.

Cheers

Gill