Port Noarlunga primary school.

Guest manxstones

Guest cyprus2001
Hi Helen

We are also looking at this school, and have been in touch with the principle this week as we arrive end June. Very impressed with the email corespondance we have received and they seem realy helpful. We have a visit lined up for 4th July so will be able to give an update then Claire :)

Hi im new to this site so excuse me if im doing it wrong, however was really interested to see so many people mentioning port noarlung we got our visa friday 13th May and hope to be in POrt Noarlunga in August, i have 3 boys owen aged 12, Joe aged 8 and Louis aged 3 and we too have emailed port noarlunga primary school and are waiting for a reply so would be nice to be kept updated with all your correspondences. Also my son owen is very nervous about the move so if anyone has any children in a similar position around his age please mail me, im sure it would be good for him to talk.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cyprus2001

Hi there i see you too off to port noarlunga and that you have two children similar ages to my boys owen 12 and joe 8, how are they feeling about the move?

Guest cyprus2001
Hi Helen

What high school is your friends son at? My son is 13 and trying to get info on high schools around the Port Noarlunga area looking at Cardijn College but it would be good if there are other reasonible ones in the area state or private (as long as the fees not to expensive) Thanks Claire x

Hi there my son is twelve and im tryng to get him into port noarlunga primary i think, however we also have heard good things about carijin college, so if you take it any further please do keep us updated.

Guest hughescl
Hi there i see you too off to port noarlunga and that you have two children similar ages to my boys owen 12 and joe 8, how are they feeling about the move?

Hi

Both boys are OK with the move, I would not say they are excited but at the same time they are not saying that they don't want to go so I think this is the best we can hope for. My 13 year old son is very quiet so I am a little worried about him, also High schools around this area do not have great reviews so I'm getting a bit stressed trying to work out what to do, I have received some info from Cardjin College and the principle has said to arrange a visit when we arrive and maybe I will do the same with Tatchilla, received no response from Seaford High school as yet I sent an email last week. I will keep you update Claire :)

Guest hughescl
It seems there are lots of new migrants heading for Noarlunga it would be great to meet up with you all.

We arrive out on Sept 6TH.

We are a family of 3 myself Trev 39,Vicki 39 and Lauren 10.

See you all soon.

Hi

I think that's a great idea, particulaly as most of our children seem to looking at the same school Claire:)

Guest hughescl
when do you arrive.

We land on the 6th of Sept.

Good luck with your move.

We land on 28th June, not long now!! will keep you posted on schools and the area etc Claire:)

Guest cyprus2001

hi there we too are heading fr noarlunga in august so look forward to keeping up to date with schools we are looking at port noarlunga primary too.

Kelly 33

Ben 35

Owen 12

Joe 8

Louis 3

Guest cyprus2001
Hi

Both boys are OK with the move, I would not say they are excited but at the same time they are not saying that they don't want to go so I think this is the best we can hope for. My 13 year old son is very quiet so I am a little worried about him, also High schools around this area do not have great reviews so I'm getting a bit stressed trying to work out what to do, I have received some info from Cardjin College and the principle has said to arrange a visit when we arrive and maybe I will do the same with Tatchilla, received no response from Seaford High school as yet I sent an email last week. I will keep you update Claire :)

Thanks for your response , Thats so like us claire, my 8 year old is quite excited about the whole move , my three year old obviousley doesnt really know whats going on and my 12 year old just quiet however he has actually said he doesnt want to go :-( im trying to encourage to go onto the kids area on here we had a look yesterday and after reading alittle he said he felt a little better about it but still doesnt want to go , i know after a few months hell love it.

As for schools, i m in same position as you i emailed cardijin college very helpful but as my son wont go up till jan and its classed as there new year start there is a waiting list already but she did say to put his name on the list as sometimes people drop out. I have also had contact with port noarlunga primary school who said she was more than happy to offer them both a place which is great news, just going to pop in to meet and visit when we arrive . but yes im a little concerned whats going to happen when he ready for high school as lots of them have already allocated their spaces for 2012.

And like the other guy mentioned on here there does seem a few of us brits all moving to noarlunga, they not going to know whats hit them.lol Port Noarlunga primary said they have 40 children at the school that are from families that have emigrated so we will be in good company :-)

Guest hughescl
Thanks for your response , Thats so like us claire, my 8 year old is quite excited about the whole move , my three year old obviousley doesnt really know whats going on and my 12 year old just quiet however he has actually said he doesnt want to go :-( im trying to encourage to go onto the kids area on here we had a look yesterday and after reading alittle he said he felt a little better about it but still doesnt want to go , i know after a few months hell love it.

As for schools, i m in same position as you i emailed cardijin college very helpful but as my son wont go up till jan and its classed as there new year start there is a waiting list already but she did say to put his name on the list as sometimes people drop out. I have also had contact with port noarlunga primary school who said she was more than happy to offer them both a place which is great news, just going to pop in to meet and visit when we arrive . but yes im a little concerned whats going to happen when he ready for high school as lots of them have already allocated their spaces for 2012.

And like the other guy mentioned on here there does seem a few of us brits all moving to noarlunga, they not going to know whats hit them.lol Port Noarlunga primary said they have 40 children at the school that are from families that have emigrated so we will be in good company :-)

Hi I'm hoping that after a few weeks of settling in my 13 year old son will be ok, if he is I will ask him to put on a post so that your son can read hopefully this will make him feel a bit better abount going to Oz. It's suprising how many of us are heading for the same school it will be great to meet up and put a face to the names Good luck everyone Claire x:)

Guest cyprus2001
Hi I'm hoping that after a few weeks of settling in my 13 year old son will be ok, if he is I will ask him to put on a post so that your son can read hopefully this will make him feel a bit better abount going to Oz. It's suprising how many of us are heading for the same school it will be great to meet up and put a face to the names Good luck everyone Claire x:)

Im sure they will be fine, thats what i keep telling myself anyway, but would be lovely once he is settled if he could post on here im trying to encourage my son to get on here a bit to show him all the great things being said and to ensure him how easy it is to make new friends.After all we all in the same boat. So lets sail together... I got email today from Port Noarlunga Primary advising they have had 10 enquiries from families overseas in 3 weeks and have now decided to add an extra page to their website especially for this so keep you r eyes peeled. Bet you getting really excited now you havent long at all to go now. Hope all going to plan. Keep us posted.

Kelly x

Received an email back today from port noarlunga primary school and Lauren has a confirm place as of feb 2012 I'm so pleased as it was my first choice school for her. Anyway in the email that stated that we were the 10 th migrant family to apply in the last three weeks so the school has decided to put together a fact sheet for everyone and they are going to post it on their website.hopefully this will be really helpful to us all.

Guest cyprus2001
Received an email back today from port noarlunga primary school and Lauren has a confirm place as of feb 2012 I'm so pleased as it was my first choice school for her. Anyway in the email that stated that we were the 10 th migrant family to apply in the last three weeks so the school has decided to put together a fact sheet for everyone and they are going to post it on their website.hopefully this will be really helpful to us all.

ill see you there then, we arrive in august my son 8 will be nine in two weeks and owen 12 have had confirmed places also, What school year is your daughter currently my 8 year old is year 4, looks like im going to know half the school before we arrive. lol this site is brilliant isnt it bringing everyone together. Good Luck x

Guest Ddebs
ill see you there then, we arrive in august my son 8 will be nine in two weeks and owen 12 have had confirmed places also, What school year is your daughter currently my 8 year old is year 4, looks like im going to know half the school before we arrive. lol this site is brilliant isnt it bringing everyone together. Good Luck x

Thats great. We have a confirmed place too and we arrive in August aswell!. My son is 11 and dreading moving, so I'm sure it will make the transition easier for all concerned to have fellow pupils in the same situation.

Good luck to everyone and see you in August!

Debs

Guest Ddebs

My son, Lucas is 11 and like your 12 year old, has actually said he does not want to go. He is very quiet about the whole thing and I'm thinking the next few months will be difficult for him. I visited Port Noarlunga School in April and really liked it and he has a place there. I know that within a few months he will love it.... but 11 year olds don't really see the bigger picture do they? they just see that they are leaving their friends behind, and in my sons case, his football!!. Like you I am also a bit concerned about High school options, the best ones seem to be full with waiting lists, so I am trying to put that particular worry aside for the moment until I get there!.

Good luck with everything,

Debs

Guest cyprus2001
My son, Lucas is 11 and like your 12 year old, has actually said he does not want to go. He is very quiet about the whole thing and I'm thinking the next few months will be difficult for him. I visited Port Noarlunga School in April and really liked it and he has a place there. I know that within a few months he will love it.... but 11 year olds don't really see the bigger picture do they? they just see that they are leaving their friends behind, and in my sons case, his football!!. Like you I am also a bit concerned about High school options, the best ones seem to be full with waiting lists, so I am trying to put that particular worry aside for the moment until I get there!.

Good luck with everything,

Debs

Hi there, kids aye, my son had posted a few replies on the for kids area of this site, maybe get your son to have a look around that and see what the others are saying ill get owen to look out for lucas on there maybe they can moan about us together. lol i totally understand how he feels but like you say they never look at the bigger picture. You say you visited port noarlunga primary , we have our visit on arrival but have been doing alot of research on it seems like a good school quite small which is nice as they attend a relatively small school here. We Hope to fly out 15th August. So will have to stay in contact on here untill arrival and maybe we will meet up in the school playground. Good Luck and if lucas wants a chat ill get owen to post on here. Take care

kelly x

Guest Ddebs
Hi there, kids aye, my son had posted a few replies on the for kids area of this site, maybe get your son to have a look around that and see what the others are saying ill get owen to look out for lucas on there maybe they can moan about us together. lol i totally understand how he feels but like you say they never look at the bigger picture. You say you visited port noarlunga primary , we have our visit on arrival but have been doing alot of research on it seems like a good school quite small which is nice as they attend a relatively small school here. We Hope to fly out 15th August. So will have to stay in contact on here untill arrival and maybe we will meet up in the school playground. Good Luck and if lucas wants a chat ill get owen to post on here. Take care

kelly x

Yes I'll tell Lucas about your son and try and get him to get in touch. I'm sure it would make him feel better though at the moment he is pretty closed off to the whole subject!!!.

I visited Port Noarlunga school and really liked it. The staff were very welcoming and the kids seemed happy and relaxed. My partner already lives there so I spent a month there in April with my son and I think it's a great place to grow up. There was a bit of building work going on ( surf club/complex on the seafront and extension of trainline) but I think thats all due to be finished by the end of the year.

It would be great to stay in touch and maybe catch up when we are all there!!

Debs x

Guest hughescl
Im sure they will be fine, thats what i keep telling myself anyway, but would be lovely once he is settled if he could post on here im trying to encourage my son to get on here a bit to show him all the great things being said and to ensure him how easy it is to make new friends.After all we all in the same boat. So lets sail together... I got email today from Port Noarlunga Primary advising they have had 10 enquiries from families overseas in 3 weeks and have now decided to add an extra page to their website especially for this so keep you r eyes peeled. Bet you getting really excited now you havent long at all to go now. Hope all going to plan. Keep us posted.

Kelly x

Hi Kelly yes getting very excited now, and nervous time is flying by. That's realy good of the school to add the extra info I've been very impressed with them so far looking forward to our tour on 4th July, good luck everyone and hope to meet you all in Port Noarlunga Claire:)

Guest manxstones

Hi Sharon,

We're heading out in Oct with our two girls Gabriella 7 & Francesca 4 and have been offered places too at PNPS. I had the same e mail, it's great that they're doing that for us, it's the place to be ! We looked at lots of schools but their website is very informative and looks a great place to go, i want to go back to school myself ! lol When are you making the move ?

Helen x

Guest manxstones

Hi Trevor, Vicky & Lauren,

We're coming out october 8th and have our vist to PNPS on 17th oct, looks like its the place to be ! We have two girls Gabriella 7 & Francesca 4 , they are really excited about going to live in Australia and going to a new school and making new friends. Is your daughter Lauren excited too ? See you out there.

Helen & family.

Guest manxstones
Thats great. We have a confirmed place too and we arrive in August aswell!. My son is 11 and dreading moving, so I'm sure it will make the transition easier for all concerned to have fellow pupils in the same situation.

Good luck to everyone and see you in August!

Debs

Hi Debs, we too have a place for our two girls in Oct. It looks a great school , hope it matches its website.

By the time we get there you'll be settled in and no longer a newby !

See you out there,

Helen x

Hi

My youngest Grace has been offered a place there too - we arrive at the beginning of September - sounds like there'll be a few of us come the end of the year - look forward to catching up with you all at the school gates sometime :D:D

Kim